By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7Remake + Sony Exclusivity + Next Gen PS5 + Episodic Nature + Game Progress

AbbathTheGrim said:
Xxain said:

Based on what!? What is your justification for this? Its literally the oposite. 

You are reacting to my post like I am stating something as a fact which I am not. I fear that content will be removed or streamlined, I never said there is no doubt that that will be the case.

I hope I am wrong.

Manlytears said:

Backlash would be huge if they cut parts of the og game and, on top of that, divided the thing in 3 parts!

Og FF7 is colossal in size, but if you divide it by 3... not very impressive, still good size, but not a "big rpg size"! 

They don't need to create many things, just some extras, 3-4 h of extra gameplay and lore for fans, people will love it and fell like the "episode bullshit" got some positive sides.

Be more positive, i mean, square sucks at "time and development cicles", but remember this is mudafukar FF7 and the start of the "classic remakes" from legendary rpgs, the guys need to be extra dumb to cut corners on a project whit such potetial.

Square ended up canceling most DLC from FFXV so I wouldn't be surprised they are willing to take unpopular decisions... specially regarding content.

Actually, my current feelings towards content in FFVII will be completely unmade once I see more footage and/or actually play the game so every expectations we have, either positive or negative, will change or not depending on the actual content of the remake. What we feel right now really doesn't make a difference. lol

The Fury said:

FF games usually have some good end game content, large optional bosses, collectibles, side story stuff but all left for 'end game' given the name. Considering the 'end game' won't happen until 2036 they'll have to add a lot to part 1. They'll add loads of substance to Midgar we don't really need...

... while half arsing the Honey Bee Inn scenes. :P

I have played and finished FFVII over 7 times while leveling up my party to level 100 so I will be a very good judge of what they remove, if they remove stuff.

I completely get what you mean. As a matter of fact, if you see the trailer you see that new scene with Sephiroth which, unless it was just made for the trailer, seem to signal that maybe we will have an encounter and who knows maybe a little fight with him in Midgar. Maybe they will add more stuff but I hope th

No I'm not, because I already know its not a fact. I would like to know from you, why you would think they they skimp out elements of story when they have told us that FF7R will will "expand" on everything from the original game. We know: Biggs, Wedge and Jesse will be getting way more character development, Midgar will be waay more explorable, we can already see Sephiroth fuckin with Cloud as early as a the first reactor; waaaay sooner than the original. We know the game was split because of the amount of content being added (+ milking)

What is your justification/mindset for the oposite happening?

Around the Network
Xxain said:

No I'm not, because I already know its not a fact. I would like to know from you, why you would think they they skimp out elements of story when they have told us that FF7R will will "expand" on everything from the original game. We know: Biggs, Wedge and Jesse will be getting way more character development, Midgar will be waay more explorable, we can already see Sephiroth fuckin with Cloud as early as a the first reactor; waaaay sooner than the original. We know the game was split because of the amount of content being added (+ milking)

What is your justification/mindset for the oposite happening?

@The bolded I already wrote that in the same post you are quoting.

New content doesn't imply everything from the original will remain. No one can state for a fact that everything we care from the original game will be there as no one can state for a fact that it won't.

I fear that the small details we care about won't be there because I care about them and I don't know, I fear people who have the power to say what goes into something, in this case a remake, and decide that something is not necessary or should be there.

Square said there was more FFXV DLC coming and yet they cancelled it. It is wise not to take Square's or any company's word as a fact. I will wait and see.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

I have played and finished FFVII over 7 times while leveling up my party to level 100 so I will be a very good judge of what they remove, if they remove stuff.

I completely get what you mean. As a matter of fact, if you see the trailer you see that new scene with Sephiroth which, unless it was just made for the trailer, seem to signal that maybe we will have an encounter and who knows maybe a little fight with him in Midgar. Maybe they will add more stuff but I hope they don't cut stuff off...

...specially the Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing stuff. :D

Over 7? Amateur. :P

Just remember from the first 6 hours (if that) of the game in Midgar, you infiltrate a massive HQ/sky scraper, run up stairs with classic banter all the way up, do a small mini game straight after to dodge guards then play optional floors to get optional goods, crawl through vents etc. All I think is instead of all that it will be run in and hit your way through. What will the lift fight be like with that robot you can't reach because they are on the opposite lift? (Long Range materia even a thing in the game? is positioning Aerith's default was back, while beating Demon Wall, it was a must for me... what will Demon Wall be like?). The actual first meeting of Sephiroth outside of the flashback is in Junon on the ship when you fight Jenova for the first time, is it not?

You should watch Jim Sterling's reaction to the trailer. Many of my reservations are the same as his.

Hmm, pie.

Xxain said:
Guys .. Chesus trist..The episodic thing is just replicating disk switch. Why is this such a big deal? This isnt a new thing. Both the .Hack series and Golden Sun and MMO's have done this.

Golden Sun case: it isn't an original game with full story then get split up into multi parts for a remake like FFVIIR here. The original FFVII is a full story then the remake have the story which is separated into at least 3 parts. Don't compare apple to orange

The Fury said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I completely get what you mean. As a matter of fact, if you see the trailer you see that new scene with Sephiroth which, unless it was just made for the trailer, seem to signal that maybe we will have an encounter and who knows maybe a little fight with him in Midgar. Maybe they will add more stuff but I hope they don't cut stuff off...

...specially the Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing stuff. :D

Over 7? Amateur. :P

Just remember from the first 6 hours (if that) of the game in Midgar, you infiltrate a massive HQ/sky scraper, run up stairs with classic banter all the way up, do a small mini game straight after to dodge guards then play optional floors to get optional goods, crawl through vents etc. All I think is instead of all that it will be run in and hit your way through. What will the lift fight be like with that robot you can't reach because they are on the opposite lift? (Long Range materia even a thing in the game? is positioning Aerith's default was back, while beating Demon Wall, it was a must for me... what will Demon Wall be like?). The actual first meeting of Sephiroth outside of the flashback is in Junon on the ship when you fight Jenova for the first time, is it not?

You should watch Jim Sterling's reaction to the trailer. Many of my reservations are the same as his.

Yes, apart from the flashback gameplay in Kalm, Sephiroth first appears in the ship from Junon to Costa del Sol.

All those gameplay bits and details are important and I hope they don't scrap any of it.

If you see the trailer you realize there is not much of the game shown apart from some walking, fighting and cutscenes. They didn't show any of those things you mentioned which doesn't mean that they won't be present in the remake but that we can't state for a fact that they are there either.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
That's why bc is great, other wise you get one episode on PS4 that you have to rebuy or in best case upgrade for a small amount to play it on PS5. I worry about => level caps in an episode and in general micro transactions. but I kind of hope they also do loyal fans upgrades. You played FFXV you get this weapon/skin..You played FFVII, you get this, Dragon quest XI/KHIII etc...

Considering how the consoles are working right now, with the PS4 copy of the game you would be able to play the PS5 version via patch.

zero129 said:
Who said its Sony Exclusive?, This game will come to PC.

I recall reading something about this game coming to PC but after the trailer I looked for an updated confirmation but I found nothing.

Do you have any links where Square confirms a PC version is still in development?

Heavenly_King said:
konnichiwa said:
That's why bc is great, other wise you get one episode on PS4 that you have to rebuy or in best case upgrade for a small amount to play it on PS5. I worry about => level caps in an episode and in general micro transactions. but I kind of hope they also do loyal fans upgrades. You played FFXV you get this weapon/skin..You played FFVII, you get this, Dragon quest XI/KHIII etc...

Considering how the consoles are working right now, with the PS4 copy of the game you would be able to play the PS5 version via patch.

Considering PS5 has bc or what is expected I don't worry :).

AbbathTheGrim said:

B) Could this "episodes" work more as stand alone games that, once you finish them, all gained levels and inventory are gone and you start in episode 2 (for example) on level 1 all over again? How do you like that idea?

C) Maybe there are other examples out there of episodic games you think would be the best way to approach and continue progress between episodes? What would be the best approach?

D) Could there be a way to "load" your saved game from episode 1 to episode 2?

E) What is the best way for Square to address game progress between episodes? Would you care if progress is lost between episodes?

I think we should all prepare ourselves for the worst. 

AbbathTheGrim said:

Yes, apart from the flashback gameplay in Kalm, Sephiroth first appears in the ship from Junon to Costa del Sol.

All those gameplay bits and details are important and I hope they don't scrap any of it.

If you see the trailer you realize there is not much of the game shown apart from some walking, fighting and cutscenes. They didn't show any of those things you mentioned which doesn't mean that they won't be present in the remake but that we can't state for a fact that they are there either.

Indeed but it is what I fear about the game, in exchange for 'coolness' and 'more Sephiroth' we'll lose the more intricate details of the story, gameplay and battle system. I hope for great thing but 3 games instead of 1 already ruins that.

Hmm, pie.