By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7Remake + Sony Exclusivity + Next Gen PS5 + Episodic Nature + Game Progress

deskpro2k3 said:

FYI: You're getting more story than the original.

PS: I prefer more story.

Final Fantasy VII is perfect how it is. It sold 10 million copies on story alone. It doesn't need Square Enix's bullshit"well here's what I would change/add"

Leave it alone.

Let me put it this way; alot of people view FF7's perfect story in the same regard as Beethoven's symphonies. Would you take someone seriously if a pianist came along and said "WELL HERE'S WHAT I WOULD CHANGE..." No, you'd roll your eyes and tell him to leave it the f**k alone.

Hironabu Sakaguchi and Ken Narita made an outstanding story that's called Final Fantasy VII. Tetsuya Nomura and his clowns aren't qualified in the LEAST to change what someone who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award (Hironabu Sakaguchi)

https://www.gdconf.com/news/hironobu_sakaguchi_to_receive_

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Final Fantasy VII is perfect how it is. It sold 10 million copies on story alone. It doesn't need Square Enix's bullshit"well here's what I would change/add"

Leave it alone.

Let me put it this way; alot of people view FF7's perfect story in the same regard as Beethoven's symphonies. Would you take someone seriously if a pianist came along and said "WELL HERE'S WHAT I WOULD CHANGE..." No, you'd roll your eyes and tell him to leave it the f**k alone.

Hironabu Sakaguchi and Ken Narita made an outstanding story that's called Final Fantasy VII. Tetsuya Nomura and his clowns aren't qualified in the LEAST to change what someone who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award (Hironabu Sakaguchi)

Hironobu

TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Leave it alone.

Actually there is a lot more they wanted to add in the original but couldn't.

Source: Square Enix Blog Post

Message from Yoshinori Kitase

"With FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, we have the opportunity to go beyond the story, world and experience of FINAL FANTASY VII in ways we’ve always dreamed of - from the depths of Midgar to the skies above the Planet. The multi-part format enables us to expand the original story and turn it into an epic experience for fans and new gamers alike." 

"If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of FINAL FANTASY VII."

Personally I want a complete story like what Kitase describe.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 15 May 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

"With FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, we have the opportunity to go beyond the story, world and experience of FINAL FANTASY VII in ways we’ve always dreamed of - from the depths of Midgar to the skies above the Planet. The multi-part format enables us to expand the original story and turn it into an epic experience for fans and new gamers alike." 

"If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of FINAL FANTASY VII."

You do realize that whole statement is carefully worded bullshit right?

SquareSoft ran into that very predicament when making Final Fantasy for cartridges on Nintendo 64. What did they do? They switched to PlayStation and spread it across 3 discs.

Nothing is stopping them from doing that again. Rockstar Games did it for Red Dead Redemption 2. Are they insinuating that they're version of FF7 is bigger than Red Dead 2's 100GB file size?

LOL! Don't make me laugh. Don't fall for Kitase's dribble. 

TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You do realize that whole statement is carefully worded bullshit right?

SquareSoft ran into that very predicament when making Final Fantasy for cartridges on Nintendo 64. What did they do? They switched to PlayStation and spread it across 3 discs.

Nothing is stopping them from doing that again. Rockstar Games did it for Red Dead Redemption 2. Are they insinuating that they're version of FF7 is bigger than Red Dead 2's 100GB file size?

LOL! Don't make me laugh. Don't fall for Kitase's dribble. 

You said the story is perfect just how it is, so I gave you a source from SE themselves that prove they want to implement more content that didn't make the original cut, and now you're throwing a tantrum about the file size. I can answer your latest question but I think you'll just find another excuse, so I think we're done here because whatever this is, isn't going anywhere.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

You said the story is perfect just how it is, so I gave you a source from SE themselves that prove they want to implement more content that didn't make the original cut, and now you're throwing a tantrum about the file size. I can answer your latest question but I think you'll just find another excuse, so I think we're done here because whatever this is, isn't going anywhere.

Yes I said the story is perfect.

Yes, I read Kitase's statement regarding "content" that didn't make it into the original game.

I'm trying to tell you that statement is a lie. That's why I said it's bullshit.

I'm not throwing a tantrum, and the point I was trying to make in regards to file size clearly flew over your head, or you didn't know that Kitase's statement that you stand by was him defending/trying to explain the logic and reasoning behind the multiple installments release plan, as opposed to one full game. That was his excuse. My rebuttal, as is everyones, is that if that were REALLY the case - all you'd need to do is release the file size on multiple discs like Squaresoft had done in the past. Red Dead 2 is a prime example because the file size for their ambitions exceeded what one Blu-ray disc could hold. So what did they do? They put it on two... 

That's why I said that Kitase's statement is carefully worded bullshit. Red Dead 2 is absurdly massive with content and I highly doubt an honest, true to form remake of FF7 PLUS whatever content Kitase is eluding to - would be bigger than something like Red Dead 2.

Even in the 90's, Kitase's reasoning would be ridiculous. Problem is that WAY too many people are taking his words at face value without thinking about what he actually said.

In a nutshell: the only reason they're doing multiple installments is because they're milking consumers - not because they're vision of a modern FF7 is "too big". Kitase oughta be laughed out of town...

TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Yes I said the story is perfect.

Yes, I read Kitase's statement regarding "content" that didn't make it into the original game.

I'm trying to tell you that statement is a lie. That's why I said it's bullshit.

I'm not throwing a tantrum, and the point I was trying to make in regards to file size clearly flew over your head, or you didn't know that Kitase's statement that you stand by was him defending/trying to explain the logic and reasoning behind the multiple installments release plan, as opposed to one full game. That was his excuse. My rebuttal, as is everyones, is that if that were REALLY the case - all you'd need to do is release the file size on multiple discs like Squaresoft had done in the past. Red Dead 2 is a prime example because the file size for their ambitions exceeded what one Blu-ray disc could hold. So what did they do? They put it on two... 

That's why I said that Kitase's statement is carefully worded bullshit. Red Dead 2 is absurdly massive with content and I highly doubt an honest, true to form remake of FF7 PLUS whatever content Kitase is eluding to - would be bigger than something like Red Dead 2.

Even in the 90's, Kitase's reasoning would be ridiculous. Problem is that WAY too many people are taking his words at face value without thinking about what he actually said.

In a nutshell: the only reason they're doing multiple installments is because they're milking consumers - not because they're vision of a modern FF7 is "too big". Kitase oughta be laughed out of town...

No it didn't flew over my head, I just don't respond to arguments with no supporting evidence. If you can show me where he is lying I'll take it all back.

Red Dead Redemption 2 required 8 years to develop, so If SE do as you suggest it might take as long as FFXV did, and long development cycle is something SE said they don't want to repeat again. However I think as FF7R being a bigger project, with a big budget, and a large development team, I think it's going to be a lot bigger than RDR2, because the world map is pretty much planet size.

Take this for example.

FFXIII 2009, FFXIII-2 2011, Lightning Returns FFXIII 2013. 3 parts, all released within 4 years. Now I'm speculating here, I think we can expect to see a similar pattern with FFVIIR, the thing is we don't know how much more content they're going to add.

-

deskpro2k3 said:

Take this for example.

FFXIII 2009, FFXIII-2 2011, Lightning Returns FFXIII 2013. 3 parts, all released within 4 years. 

However I think as FF7R being a bigger project, with a big budget, and a large development team, I think it's going to be a lot bigger than RDR2, because the world map is pretty much planet size.

FF13 (and it's 2 sequels) isn't the same game split over 3 parts. People have got to stop using that as an example. It's a game with 2 sequels that sold no where near the numbers of the first. Each game has returning characters and theme but gameplay is different, controllable characters are different and the stories are different.

Can you imagine if the first FF7R part sold 10 million then the next only sold 4 million? It would be considered an utter failure. Then the finale only sold 2?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Take this for example.

FFXIII 2009, FFXIII-2 2011, Lightning Returns FFXIII 2013. 3 parts, all released within 4 years. 

However I think as FF7R being a bigger project, with a big budget, and a large development team, I think it's going to be a lot bigger than RDR2, because the world map is pretty much planet size.

FF13 (and it's 2 sequels) isn't the same game split over 3 parts. People have got to stop using that as an example. It's a game with 2 sequels that sold no where near the numbers of the first. Each game has returning characters and theme but gameplay is different, controllable characters are different and the stories are different.

Can you imagine if the first FF7R part sold 10 million then the next only sold 4 million? It would be considered an utter failure. Then the finale only sold 2?

Kitase used that as an example.

(edit; looking for the article)

edit found it:

source: https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx

GameInformer: When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope? 

K: "It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory, in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in the multi-part series, and it wouldn’t make sense to remake it if we don’t encompass that that entire story.

With regards to the current HD capacity and volume, the idea is that we wouldn’t be able to encompass it all in just one installment. So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

deskpro2k3 said:
The Fury said:

Kitase used that as an example.

(edit; looking for the article)

edit found it:

source: https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx

GameInformer: When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope? 

K: "It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory, in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in the multi-part series, and it wouldn’t make sense to remake it if we don’t encompass that that entire story.

With regards to the current HD capacity and volume, the idea is that we wouldn’t be able to encompass it all in just one installment. So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

So the extra story will also be just like XIII-2 and XIII-3 story, got it.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 15 May 2019