By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saints Row announcement teased by Deep Silver

Mr Puggsly said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Nope, an open world game like Zelda or Skyrim though, those two open world games which function perfectly on the switch, that's just fine.

But if you want to try and convince yourself that "switch sales numbers don't count because I'd like them not to" ignoring things like the m rated games from Japan being localized on it and not the ps4 then there's no point in discussing this really with you I think. Would just be a case of numbers and game releases showing one thing and your feelings showing another that I could not or would not bother showing you information to change.

You know what? Maybe they'll make a Xbox one X exclusive saints row in 4k because that would be the best audience who would love that game right?

- snip

Genuine request, Don't reply to any of my posts again on this site. Thanks.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Mr Puggsly said:

- snip

Eh, no guarantee. I could forget. I honestly respond to the comments, the user is secondary. But discussions could stay more respectful if you don't jump to conclusions or be less condescending.

I feel the Switch isn't a priority for the series which isn't that surprising. Regardless you talk hardware sales but negate the audience, you talk about Japanese mature games when the discussion is about a western game, you talk about Switch's ability to handle open world games as if they're all equal in technical demands, you suggest the X1X should get the next game as an exclusive which is a completely irrelevant jab, etc.

Hence, you're part of the problem and demand a safe space.

Lastly, Digital Foundry just did an analysis video and gave evidence the engines of older games simply don't translate to Switch well unless major work is done (work = money). Switch has limited specs so it can't brute force better visuals and performance like X1 or PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ganoncrotch said:
Mr Puggsly said:

- snip

They have reported to work on a big patch that release the 16th but they also asked if their is a problem that they seem they can't copy you should let them know.

https://www.deepsilver.com/en/saints-row-the-third-the-full-package-switch-patch-notes-2/

For anyone experiencing any issues with SR3 Switch, we are currently tracking these and need additional info from players. Please email techsupport@deepsilver.com with exact details and include Switch info (game ver, Switch OS ver, Micro SD card details, if jailbroken, etc.)

konnichiwa said:
Ganoncrotch said:

They have reported to work on a big patch that release the 16th but they also asked if their is a problem that they seem they can't copy you should let them know.

https://www.deepsilver.com/en/saints-row-the-third-the-full-package-switch-patch-notes-2/

For anyone experiencing any issues with SR3 Switch, we are currently tracking these and need additional info from players. Please email techsupport@deepsilver.com with exact details and include Switch info (game ver, Switch OS ver, Micro SD card details, if jailbroken, etc.)

Yeah I seen and replied to that Tweet of theirs, I'm not paying 40e to get to beta test their game, that's BS, the game makes the Switch so unstable while it's running right now to the point where I would not want it running on my system, I've read about people getting corrupt data both save and game data on their SD card from running the game in the current form, I have a 400GB Micro SD card in my Switch I don't really wanna have to redownload 350GB or so of other games because SR3 shits all over my system when I try to buy an upgrade from the store.

I appreciate you bringing up the tweet, please don't mistake my angst at the game/devs for me being upset at you for raising the thing here. I think the only fair reply to "what's wrong with this game" would be

At the port, possibly with a link to that DF video... because man, that's grim how it performs so poorly, although they point out that it's running at 720p/1080p but taking dives down to the teens in frame rate, I would so much rather it run at 540p/720p but be stable than the travesty that exists atm.

Just imagining it being there as a graphic option in the menu [High Resolution] <-> [Actually Playable]

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive