24 million 0 0%

25 million 1 9.09%

26 million 1 9.09%

27 million 0 0%

28 million 1 9.09%

29 million 0 0%

30+ million 8 72.73%

Total:11

C.J. is going to be broke once I'm done with him today. I've probably already made over 100k selling fish to him so far. Got a red snapper collectible coming also. I should have tried for oarfish collectable but only had 1 and wasn't catching anymore.

Around the Network

CJ and Flick are NPCs who occasionally visit your island and buy fish and bugs, respectively, from you for inflated prices.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Flick came to my island today. I didn't know there was a limit on 1 statue per day. Wound up wasting today's on asking for a Bee statue. :(

Speaking of tarantula runs, I have seen talk here and there about how to 'force' tarantula spawning, so I decided to experiment with it and I developed a good way to farm tarantulas. With this technique, you can easily fill your inventory with tarantulas in an hour or less. I'm going to go ahead and post my guide here.

How to Farm Tarantulas

If you're looking to farm tarantulas but you can't get Tarantula Island, neverfear!

(1) Make sure it's night.

(2) Prep yourself for a Mystery Island trip. Ensure you have your metal axe and a shovel. 

(3) Travel to a Mystery Island. If it's raining or Bamboo Island, you're in luck. If it's raining AND Bamboo Island, you're REALLY in luck.

(4) Clear all grass, flowers, rocks, trees, and stumps. You don't need to worry about bamboo stumps, but you WILL benefit from clearing those too. Flowers can be picked, stomped, dug up, whatever, but grass, rocks, and stumps need to be actively eliminated from the map. Once you've properly cleared the map, the only bugs that can spawn are wharf roaches, tiger beetles (unless it's raining! then they can't spawn either), and tarantulas. 

(6) Dig yourself a tarantula trap. I prefer a 5x5 X-shape of holes, but a 5x5 + or a 5x3 T, etc, also work well. Run to the bottom of the map, on the beach or something, and drop all your tools and items in your inventory until you have ONLY your net.

(7) Run around the map, scaring away tiger beetles and wharf roaches until tarantulas spawn. Run past the tarantulas to get them to chase you.

(8) Run to your trap, then run around the edge. If you do it right, the tarantula will get stuck behind it and you can nab it with the net with ease.

(9) Fill your inventory.

(10) ???

(11) Profit!

A full inventory, minus one slot for the net, will nab you 232,000 bells - or 348,000 if sold to Flick.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

A full inventory, minus one slot for the net, will nab you 232,000 bells - or 348,000 if sold to Flick.

Wow that is pretty good money.  Make a killing during summer months selling stags and beetles to him.  Have you gotten the money rock mystery island yet?  I don't think there are any trees really on island and every rock I hit was a money rock.  I believe I ended up with over 90k in less than 4 mins of work.

Around the Network

Well I added fish and bug guides that I got from polygon website. Looks like some of the values are missing like golden stag, etc. I'll keep my eye out for a complete list here in few days.

Be nice to get a few more people to join the friend code list but no big deal.  I've seen a decent amount of VGC users online playing AC but some I have yet to meet...

I'm still waiting on you @Smeags to either open your gates or visit my island! :(

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 30 March 2020

Can someone give me a few bamboo shoots please? I'm trying to do a japanese themed area and I'm getting all these cool bamboo recipes but I haven't gotten bamboo island once :(

How are you guys sending such elaborate letters? Is there a way to get a USB keyboard to work with letters the way it works with in game chat?

Wow so stringfish eluded me this year... I even made 40+ bait and went to river in cliffs to no avail. Oh well I guess next year... Other than that my town is coming along nicely. Didn't wait for ability to build paths. I went old school and just laid pattern down on ground for my paths.

can i join please?????
Aiko
Island: Nematodia
ID: sw-6520-2924-6125

This game is so fun! :P
btw when can i upgrade my flimsy stuff and also make baits?