By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Switch game so far?

From What I owned.
BOTW still takes the cake!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
I have 4 choices popping up but I can't decide between them.

What are the four?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:
I have 4 choices popping up but I can't decide between them.

What are the four?

Octopath Traveler, Zelda BoTW, XC2: Torna the Golden Country and Mario Kart 8 DX.

Spoiler!
Although, Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina might take a spot in that list when they release

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

What are the four?

Octopath Traveler, Zelda BoTW, XC2: Torna the Golden Country and Mario Kart 8 DX.

Spoiler!
Although, Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina might take a spot in that list when they release

Yeah, Astral Chain is certainly looking like it make take the crown here when it comes out. So pumped for that game!

Jranation said:
From What I owned.

I’m inclined to agree. The huge open areas, looking over vast distances from high places really makes the game quite breathtaking. Also all the beautiful landscapes to get right into and explore.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Jranation said:
From What I owned.

I’m inclined to agree. The huge open areas, looking over vast distances from high places really makes the game quite breathtaking. Also all the beautiful landscapes to get right into and explore.

Yep! I am actually hoping Nintendo can make a new RPG (New or old IP) and use the same art style as BOTW. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Metroid33slayer said:
mZuzek said:

I thought about Mario Kart 8, but while it's true that it still looks better than most Nintendo games, it's just super lame to nominate a Wii U game.

That bump to 1080p makes it look quite bit cleaner and sharper than the wii u version. Also ribbon road and big blue stand out as graphically stunning as well.

It really is gorgeous in 1080p. Arms also uses a simple style to it's advantage, as does Mario Odyssey. Fast RMX is gorgeous as well. 

Some games that I love that DON'T look great on the Wii U?

Ys VIII, Dragon's Dogma, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Breath of the wild for me too. The art style is awesome and looks great. Super Mario Odyssey is right behind it.

Runner up: Inside(the art style is gorgeous in this game), MK8D, smash, Doom(I still think it’s crazy I can play this one on the go)

StuOhQ said:
Metroid33slayer said:

That bump to 1080p makes it look quite bit cleaner and sharper than the wii u version. Also ribbon road and big blue stand out as graphically stunning as well.

It really is gorgeous in 1080p. Arms also uses a simple style to it's advantage, as does Mario Odyssey. Fast RMX is gorgeous as well. 

Some games that I love that DON'T look great on the Wii U?

Ys VIII, Dragon's Dogma, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

Yeah Xenoblade Chronicles 2 does look pretty bad on the Wii U. A black screen is just not my aesthetic. 

The toy story level from Mario Kart 8 is astounding to me. Also XC2.