By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Switch game so far?

Metroid33slayer said:
mZuzek said:

I thought about Mario Kart 8, but while it's true that it still looks better than most Nintendo games, it's just super lame to nominate a Wii U game.

That bump to 1080p makes it look quite bit cleaner and sharper than the wii u version. Also ribbon road and big blue stand out as graphically stunning as well.

It really is gorgeous in 1080p. Arms also uses a simple style to it's advantage, as does Mario Odyssey. Fast RMX is gorgeous as well. 

Some games that I love that DON'T look great on the Wii U?

Ys VIII, Dragon's Dogma, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Breath of the wild for me too. The art style is awesome and looks great. Super Mario Odyssey is right behind it.

Runner up: Inside(the art style is gorgeous in this game), MK8D, smash, Doom(I still think it’s crazy I can play this one on the go)

StuOhQ said:
Metroid33slayer said:

That bump to 1080p makes it look quite bit cleaner and sharper than the wii u version. Also ribbon road and big blue stand out as graphically stunning as well.

It really is gorgeous in 1080p. Arms also uses a simple style to it's advantage, as does Mario Odyssey. Fast RMX is gorgeous as well. 

Some games that I love that DON'T look great on the Wii U?

Ys VIII, Dragon's Dogma, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

Yeah Xenoblade Chronicles 2 does look pretty bad on the Wii U. A black screen is just not my aesthetic. 

The toy story level from Mario Kart 8 is astounding to me. Also XC2.

Jranation said:
Jumpin said:

I’m inclined to agree. The huge open areas, looking over vast distances from high places really makes the game quite breathtaking. Also all the beautiful landscapes to get right into and explore.

Yep! I am actually hoping Nintendo can make a new RPG (New or old IP) and use the same art style as BOTW. 

Big world design too like BOTW or just the art style only?

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild is the first game that comes to mind. It just looks beautiful.

Also I think there is something really amazing about seeing something like Mount Doom or Hyrule Castle in the distance and then you can experience that location in full detail. I have never actually seen something like that in a game. Either you have a pretty game with set pieces, where you just can't go to that pretty locale, or you get something like Minecraft where you can go there, but the graphics are pretty basic.

BoTW and Odyssey so far. I'm hoping that changes soon.

What about Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle? In my opinion the Ubisoft Italia's game is, graphically speaking, the most beautiful title on Nintendo Switch.

Wicked97 said:
What about Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle? In my opinion the Ubisoft Italia's game is, graphically speaking, the most beautiful title on Nintendo Switch.

I think Mario + Rabbids was Ubisoft Paris... but don't quote me on that.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Jranation said:

Yep! I am actually hoping Nintendo can make a new RPG (New or old IP) and use the same art style as BOTW. 

Big world design too like BOTW or just the art style only?

Yep both. 

Pocky Lover Boy!