By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS5 not due out before April 2020

Fair enough. Any news on your PS4 games release dates?

Around the Network

Well this will be very interesting then if Microsoft chooses to do the opposite and launch this year. Either way this is great news for Switch sales, I suppose!

That was expected.
@Dulfite if MS launches this year there is a good chance Sony already have a backup plan to speed up launch (which I hope they don't use because that always open space for fuck ups). I would preffer MS releases the spec and price of their machine so Sony can adjust whatever needed to have a stronger and cheaper machine.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dont know why anyone would expect it to be

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
1st April 2020 it is then! :O

No, some insider said Sony 7nm chip will be available in Q3 2020 https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20190416PD205.html

Around the Network

7 years after the last one? No way!

Last edited by The Fury - on 26 April 2019

Hmm, pie.

Disappointing. This is going to hurt them. I am sensing hubris in general from Sony going into generation 9. A powerful console and a late release date. This is like the PS3 all over again. I guess they have to keep learning the hard way.

twintail said:
Dulfite said:
Well this will be very interesting then if Microsoft chooses to do the opposite and launch this year. Either way this is great news for Switch sales, I suppose!

Seems early but always possible.

Not sure how this benefits Switch.

DonFerrari said:
That was expected.
@Dulfite if MS launches this year there is a good chance Sony already have a backup plan to speed up launch (which I hope they don't use because that always open space for fuck ups). I would preffer MS releases the spec and price of their machine so Sony can adjust whatever needed to have a stronger and cheaper machine.

I doubt Sony really cares. They know when they are launching (regardless of whether this news is a bluff or not) and software development for both PS5 and PS4 will match up with that. They aren't going to rush a release just because MS might launch this year, something they have most likely taken into account.

They still have TLoU2, a Kojima game, and GoT (if quality holds up): they are fine for the next 12 months quite easily.

It benefits Nintendo to continue having the newest console on the market as long as possible. No matter how many slim or digital editions Sony/Microsoft come out with for their current line, it is still older than the Switch. If the ps5 and Xbox Two came out this fiscal year, it would harm Switch sales even if just slightly. Most people buy consoles based on the games they prefer, but there are still some out there that typically buy whatever the newest thing is, and this gives Nintendo one more fiscal year of being able to retain the title of the newest thing.

twintail said:
Dulfite said:

Seems early but always possible.

Not sure how this benefits Switch.

DonFerrari said:
That was expected.

I doubt Sony really cares. They know when they are launching (regardless of whether this news is a bluff or not) and software development for both PS5 and PS4 will match up with that. They aren't going to rush a release just because MS might launch this year, something they have most likely taken into account.

They still have TLoU2, a Kojima game, and GoT (if quality holds up): they are fine for the next 12 months quite easily.

That didn't prevent MS to rush X360 launch about 1 year to get a leg up against PS3.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Disappointing. This is going to hurt them. I am sensing hubris in general from Sony going into generation 9. A powerful console and a late release date. This is like the PS3 all over again. I guess they have to keep learning the hard way.

Most people were expecting PS5 at holidays 2020, because if PS5 were to launch this year they wouldn't skip E3.

Not sure why do you think it is a late release when you don't even know when Xb4 will launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So it seems my projection of holiday 2020 is looking to be even more and more plausible.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261