By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces partnership with Tencent to release Switch in China

Article

Nintendo is getting involved with China in a big way. Following some unconfirmed reports, the company today announced a partnership with Tencent to pursue the release of its console in the country.

Here’s the brief announcement:

Nintendo Co., Ltd. is announcing that a collaboration is in progress with Tencent Holdings Limited (HQ: Shenzhen, China; Chairman of the Board and CEO: Ma Huateng) to release the Nintendo Switch video game system in China.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

cool i guess

I forgot how it haven't came out in China.
But what does this really mean? Did the PS4 already released in China and do they have to do something like this?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

League of Switch

It's different enough from a pc or mobile gaming to carve out it's own place there. Xbox one and PS4 are too similar to the pc.

It has the best chance of success in China of the 3. Given how consoles have been received in China though, don't hold your breath.

Around the Network

How many MMOs does the Switch have?

Not what I would call an Epic gamer moment.

Hello Nintendo China, and good bye, Nintendo China.

As a Chinese gamer, the hate on Tencent is nothing less than American on EA.

That explains doom on switch

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.