By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 and Final Fantasy xiii japan. ps3 saviour or not?

obieslut said:
FishyJoe said:
Square Enix has publicly stated they don't want DQIX and FFXIII to come out in the same year.

whats dqix

Dragon Quest. It's Square-Enix's number one franchise in Japan. They've sold more than 40 million copies of Dragon Quest games there. It's more important to the Japanese market than Final Fantasy. I believe it's Nintendo exclusive right now, possibly even DS exclusive.

Final Fantasy is a pretty big deal in Japan too, it's just not quite as big as Dragon Quest.

Around the Network

Check what I said on this when you posted in the SONY discussion to get my 1st view. My second view is FFXIII better come by Christmas or else you won't see Dragon Quest 9 till' 2010.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Check what I said on this when you posted in the SONY discussion to get my 1st view. My second view is FFXIII better come by Christmas or else you won't see Dragon Quest 9 till' 2010.

I don't think the Japanese public wants to wait that long for their #1 game (Dragon Quest).  Maybe Square-Enix will give it priority over Final Fantasy in Japan.

Do you think that any of these games stated are going to be able to save the ps3 in japan thoe

lol at Savior

I think that actually might be a real clever thing to do,
chosing to release FFXIII for the sake of the PS3 in december in Japan,
and postponding DQ to 2009

DQIX will only sell more if it comes out later anyway..

there must be people at Sony talking about these releases with Square in the light of how the PS3 is doing in Japan

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

The launch date of DQIX was just annouced, July 17, 2007.

lol

guess i missed that

FFXIII might still launch in december in Japan though
Sony might put the pressure on Square, and Square might understand it actually

only reason for Square not wanting to ship in the same fiscal year, is cause they want to have two nice fiscal year figures

Sony must work something out with them

but on the other hand
FFXIII might just not be ready in december

''Hadouken!''

Sonys job should be to get GT5 released this holiday in Japan. We have not really seen much about FFXIII so they cant probably finish it this holiday.....EU release date 2010 :D

redy or not they need to do something, even if they just release a prologue like they did with GT5

Ajax said:
FFXIII might still launch in december in Japan though
Sony might put the pressure on Square, and Square might understand it actually

Wait a minute -- why would Square want to improve the PS3's situation?  They've been publically complaining that Sony messed up and that they need to market it better, drop the price, etc.  It's already very cheap in Japan -- it's just selling 8.5k/week despite the low price.

If anything, the lack-luster performance of the PS3 will make FF13 a lower priority for Square-Enix, who could make more money targetting popular platforms in Japan.

I don't understand your reasoning.  You act as though Square and Sony are currently close friends who want to help each other out.  They're two companies who have been able to help each other profit wildly in the past, but that doesn't look like the current situation.  This is all about business.