By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MK11 is a grind fest, with Microtransactions

Machiavellian said:
Zoombael said:
How grindy is it... compared to MK9?

Just as grindy but guess what.  You can create an AI character set it to play an endless tower and let it grind for you for all those cosmetic items if you really do not want to play the single player and tower stuff.  Its the same thing you could do in InJustice 2 if you wanted to skip that part of the game.

Now why would i want to do that. Thats just silly...



Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
John2290 said:

While half the men barley have pants on. 

Maybe its just me but I probably care as little as possible about how much cloths the developers want to put on the women or not.  Instead, is the fighting engine good.  Does it play well and fun.  Is the single player also fun to play.  Probably about the last thing I care about is how much skin I see on digital characters.  From watching enough streams, the game gives ample amount of costumes and a lot of them look great.  The game in general looks like it contains a lot of content for the people who enjoy single player and the Multiplayer is tight and responsive.  Not sure as a fighter what isn't good about this addition.

No, no, no. You probably didn't understand. We need PIXEL TITIES, alright? This is highly important. Pixel Titties. There aren't enough places online where we can see them already so we need our pixel tits EVERYWHERE. If the men walk around half naked the ladys must do the same. Equality, yo!

Also, other fighting games show their female combattants in much, much more revealing outfits so Mortal Kombat surely needs to step up its game. It's highly important, I tell you. Otherwise the quality of the game suffers immensely. Pixel titties.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

GoOnKid said:
Machiavellian said:

Maybe its just me but I probably care as little as possible about how much cloths the developers want to put on the women or not.  Instead, is the fighting engine good.  Does it play well and fun.  Is the single player also fun to play.  Probably about the last thing I care about is how much skin I see on digital characters.  From watching enough streams, the game gives ample amount of costumes and a lot of them look great.  The game in general looks like it contains a lot of content for the people who enjoy single player and the Multiplayer is tight and responsive.  Not sure as a fighter what isn't good about this addition.

No, no, no. You probably didn't understand. We need PIXEL TITIES, alright? This is highly important. Pixel Titties. There aren't enough places online where we can see them already so we need our pixel tits EVERYWHERE. If the men walk around half naked the ladys must do the same. Equality, yo!

Also, other fighting games show their female combattants in much, much more revealing outfits so Mortal Kombat surely needs to step up its game. It's highly important, I tell you. Otherwise the quality of the game suffers immensely. Pixel titties.

We needs them Big and bouncy. Precious big bouncy boobs. The three Bs to a successful game. 



Hunting Season is done...

I haven't had a whole lot of time with MK11 yet, but I've finished all the main tutorials, tower tutorials, and a couple character specific tutorials, as well as finished up through Chapter 4 of the main story.

It definitely seems like unlocking everything would take an enormous amount of time, but I don't know that I would call it "grindy", as it doesn't seem like something you'd really "grind" for. The rewards you get in the Krypt seem to be random, but I could be wrong.

The amount of Kosmetic items in the game is absolutely insane. Each character has close to 100 unique, unlockable character details, split between costumes, weapons, masks, etcetera. Scorpion, for example, has a category of spear heads.

In addition to these costume pieces, there are also unlockable fatalities and brutalities for each character, as well as between-round taunts, the animation that plays at the beginning of a match, and the victory pose.

There's also a ton of koncept art for each character (roughly 8 per character), and you can unlock maybe 20 music tracks, and another 50 to 100 main story concept art pieces.

And that's not all. Each player has their unique "Kombat Kard", which shows your level, icon, background picture, etcetera. There seems to be hundreds of kustomizable art assets that you can unlock to show off your achievements.

I'm probably forgetting something, as there are truly a mega crap ton of unlockables.

I haven't played enough yet to notice any sort of "scam", or incentive to spend money.



Zoombael said:
GoOnKid said:

No, no, no. You probably didn't understand. We need PIXEL TITIES, alright? This is highly important. Pixel Titties. There aren't enough places online where we can see them already so we need our pixel tits EVERYWHERE. If the men walk around half naked the ladys must do the same. Equality, yo!

Also, other fighting games show their female combattants in much, much more revealing outfits so Mortal Kombat surely needs to step up its game. It's highly important, I tell you. Otherwise the quality of the game suffers immensely. Pixel titties.

We needs them Big and bouncy. Precious big bouncy boobs. The three Bs to a successful game.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
I haven't had a whole lot of time with MK11 yet, but I've finished all the main tutorials, tower tutorials, and a couple character specific tutorials, as well as finished up through Chapter 4 of the main story.

It definitely seems like unlocking everything would take an enormous amount of time, but I don't know that I would call it "grindy", as it doesn't seem like something you'd really "grind" for. The rewards you get in the Krypt seem to be random, but I could be wrong.

The amount of Kosmetic items in the game is absolutely insane. Each character has close to 100 unique, unlockable character details, split between costumes, weapons, masks, etcetera. Scorpion, for example, has a category of spear heads.

In addition to these costume pieces, there are also unlockable fatalities and brutalities for each character, as well as between-round taunts, the animation that plays at the beginning of a match, and the victory pose.

There's also a ton of koncept art for each character (roughly 8 per character), and you can unlock maybe 20 music tracks, and another 50 to 100 main story concept art pieces.

And that's not all. Each player has their unique "Kombat Kard", which shows your level, icon, background picture, etcetera. There seems to be hundreds of kustomizable art assets that you can unlock to show off your achievements.

I'm probably forgetting something, as there are truly a mega crap ton of unlockables.

I haven't played enough yet to notice any sort of "scam", or incentive to spend money.

I haven't seen anything scandalous or anything that would lead me to believe the microtransactions are causing things to be pay to win.  Also, Netherrealm has already come out and confirmed that they are putting out a patch, early next week at the latest, to make the towers of time more fair and worthwhile to farm.  All the crying about microtransactions and such on this one appears to just be the standard "microtransactions are the devil I don't care" type of response.



Xxain said:
KLXVER said:

I think Smash Bros have it beat. Still lots of content in MK games though.

Oh shit! I forgot about Smash.Smash Ultimate is super grindy as well.

I disagree.  You unlock a Smash character after like every 6 or so quick fights.  Probably the least grindiest fighting game for unlocking characters lol 

But SF5...now that's a grindfest.  But to each their own I guess cause someone that enjoys the game probably wouldn't see it so much as grinding right?



The biggest disappointment of 2019 for me. MTX, fancy loot box crypt, butterface female models, terribad grind, and a politcal agenda of all things. Never pre-ordering MK again.

The few positives, is the story is fun and I have really enjoyed it overall, gameplay has been real fun as well, but it is a diamond surrounded by sewage.



 

V-r0cK said:

Probably the least grindiest fighting game for unlocking characters lol 

You played Tekken right? Plat could be done in a day. All characters are unlocked from start, only crap is clothing items which comes from gold, so much of which is thrown at you, after a while it's basically just pointless.

Decided I'll get MK11 for £30 or so. Let them iron out bugs, get their microtransaction crap/backlash out the way. :)



Hmm, pie.

Neodegenerate said:
RaptorChrist said:
I haven't had a whole lot of time with MK11 yet, but I've finished all the main tutorials, tower tutorials, and a couple character specific tutorials, as well as finished up through Chapter 4 of the main story.

It definitely seems like unlocking everything would take an enormous amount of time, but I don't know that I would call it "grindy", as it doesn't seem like something you'd really "grind" for. The rewards you get in the Krypt seem to be random, but I could be wrong.

The amount of Kosmetic items in the game is absolutely insane. Each character has close to 100 unique, unlockable character details, split between costumes, weapons, masks, etcetera. Scorpion, for example, has a category of spear heads.

In addition to these costume pieces, there are also unlockable fatalities and brutalities for each character, as well as between-round taunts, the animation that plays at the beginning of a match, and the victory pose.

There's also a ton of koncept art for each character (roughly 8 per character), and you can unlock maybe 20 music tracks, and another 50 to 100 main story concept art pieces.

And that's not all. Each player has their unique "Kombat Kard", which shows your level, icon, background picture, etcetera. There seems to be hundreds of kustomizable art assets that you can unlock to show off your achievements.

I'm probably forgetting something, as there are truly a mega crap ton of unlockables.

I haven't played enough yet to notice any sort of "scam", or incentive to spend money.

I haven't seen anything scandalous or anything that would lead me to believe the microtransactions are causing things to be pay to win.  Also, Netherrealm has already come out and confirmed that they are putting out a patch, early next week at the latest, to make the towers of time more fair and worthwhile to farm.  All the crying about microtransactions and such on this one appears to just be the standard "microtransactions are the devil I don't care" type of response.

There is no pay to win for the grind, its all cosmetic stuff.  It really isn't that much different from InJustice 2 where they had a ton of little customization you can play the single player for.  For people who only want to play the MP, it could be a bore which is understandable but then again you can just cheese these towers by creating an AI and have it mine for you while you sleep.  I will say, anytime you give people the option to pay real money to unlock stuff, the developers put themselves into this situation but there is nothing nefarious going on as far as the game goes.