By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever. D&D can burn in the seven hells.

I'm...

Hyped. 24 55.81%

Mildly interested. 11 25.58%

Not bothered. 5 11.63%

/indifferent/not watched/other in comments. 3 6.98%

Total:43

I have no idea why people haven't sensed since season 1 that Daenerys is quite selfish and self-important, and besides being exiled she have been given everything in a silver plate compared to the characters in Westeros. And for me it was quite obvious that she would be a tyrant in the future. And it showed obvious on the show when she discovered of Jon and couldn't accept to not be queen by being married to the king, it should be her the all important.
Anyone denying that being impossible to burn and having 3 dragons given away is having most of what she needed to conquer what she had is wrong =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
I have no idea why people haven't sensed since season 1 that Daenerys is quite selfish and self-important, and besides being exiled she have been given everything in a silver plate compared to the characters in Westeros. And for me it was quite obvious that she would be a tyrant in the future. And it showed obvious on the show when she discovered of Jon and couldn't accept to not be queen by being married to the king, it should be her the all important.
Anyone denying that being impossible to burn and having 3 dragons given away is having most of what she needed to conquer what she had is wrong =]

The issue isn't that she did what she did though.. it's the fact that this was the equivalent of a sudden pro wrestling heel turn with no story defined rhyme or reason.  It essentially boils down to "I screwed up and let my second dragon die and my lover didn't kiss me back soo.... off I go doing everything I swore I would never do."

chakkra said:
colafitte said:

It's going to be spectacular seeing how people people react indeed .

Could you please tell me where I can find that leak so I can read it and get this over with?  I don´t feel like sitting through a whole hour of this again (besides, I dont wanna support the show anymore).

Thanks in advance

I read it in the spoiler thread in resetera....i will pass you the exact link where they made a summary of the last 2 eps...Let me find it....here it is

https://www.resetera.com/threads/open-spoilers-game-of-thrones-s8-full-leak-discussion-volimar-dohaeris.103547/page-193#post-20670870

it's the post #9616

Hiku said:
chakkra said:

Could you please tell me where I can find that leak so I can read it and get this over with?  I don´t feel like sitting through a whole hour of this again (besides, I dont wanna support the show anymore).

Thanks in advance

Colafitte linked you what appears to be someone else re-summarizing the original leak. But they use different terms and wording for some things, so here's the exact post from the leaker themselves:

https://i.imgur.com/CFwH3cL.png <-- Massive Game of Thrones ending spoilers

The leaker has been 100% correct on everything that happened in Episode 4 and 5, so it's extremely likely to be how Episode 6 turns out as well.

I decided to read it now as well, and I actually started laughing at how the iron throne thing will be resolved.

Yes, much better. This is what i saw at first too but i couldn't find it.

And indeed, it took me a time to believe what is going to happen in the last one....I'm betting that this ep is going to be way more hated than any other ep of Game of Thrones. In fact it has the potential to be the most hated episode of all time. We will see what happens. 

colafitte said:
Hiku said:

Yes, much better. This is what i saw at first too but i couldn't find it.

And indeed, it took me a time to believe what is going to happen in the last one....I'm betting that this ep is going to be way more hated than any other ep of Game of Thrones. In fact it has the potential to be the most hated episode of all time. We will see what happens. 

If this one couldn't escape a low rating already with all the cinematic visuals and an arguably good direction from Sapochnik... yeah. That's Dexter territoy.

Now imagine all the outrage ported over to the Star Wars fanbase, if or when Rian Johson and D&D screw it up.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
DonFerrari said:

The issue isn't that she did what she did though.. it's the fact that this was the equivalent of a sudden pro wrestling heel turn with no story defined rhyme or reason.  It essentially boils down to "I screwed up and let my second dragon die and my lover didn't kiss me back soo.... off I go doing everything I swore I would never do."

Some times people just snap. They have been coping with it for a long time without much hint that they were on the verge of break and them they just snap out of sudden.

Still it was possible to see the traits of her being tyrannically power since first season. As someone said we just didn't see her before killing innocents by the thousand without much as a reason. At least Jon Snow kept being the dumbass he is by doing nothing until it's too late.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Neodegenerate said:

Some times people just snap. They have been coping with it for a long time without much hint that they were on the verge of break and them they just snap out of sudden.

Still it was possible to see the traits of her being tyrannically power since first season. As someone said we just didn't see her before killing innocents by the thousand without much as a reason. At least Jon Snow kept being the dumbass he is by doing nothing until it's too late.

I agree that sometimes they snap, but historically on TV shows they have shown the cracks in the armor.  3 episodes ago she was fine with doing whatever it took to protect Westeros.  Now she is taking the scorched earth approach with nothing more than the "look back and see why it might make sense" commentary after.

Pretty sweet episode overall, but some lame writing in areas. I'm actually not too bothered by Dany going full Mad Queen - GRRM and the show runners were pretty much dropping hints since the beginning for those who cared to look. I think people just excited about her usurping Cersei because she was the cute and young warrior female hero from Essos and it was more because it was Cersei was an insufferable wench moreso than Dany being a kind, spottless hero. 

I think people were jarred with all the carnage all of a sudden partly because things were starting to go a little too well and perfect since like season 5. But remember, this is the same show that gave us psycho villains like Ramsy, and scenes like the Ned Stark beheading, baby murders, incest, and the Red Wedding. Make no mistake, Thrones is a DARK fantasy, it's just that it's been awhile since we got a reminder.

I do think Dany's sudden massive blood lust was a bit sudden and too much, but given the events that transpired in her life to get to this point, and particularly recent events, it sort of makes sense that her Targareyen rage would reach a boiling point. Remeber, she is the Mad King's daughter after all..

I was a litle dissapointed with how they played out Jamie and Cersei's anticlimactic ending. Tyrion also bugged me and seemed somewhat out of character blindly going along with Dany despite his wisdom, cynicism, and ability to use critical thinking, even after Varys advised that Jon Snow would probably make the better ruler. The epic Hound vs Mountain scene we've all been waiting for started epic, but ended pretty inconsequencial with both just tumlbing to their deaths anyway, and no clear winner emerging. 

So yeah, still some writing flaws and not at the level of quality of the first 3-4 seasons of Thrones, but at least the show's somewhat gone back to its more dark and nihilistic bent, which is part of the reason the show appealed to me in the first place. Lord of the Rings, this is NOT..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I actually liked the fifth episode.

Daenerys going mad was always a probable outcome. I agree the show got there too fast though, this season really needed to be a full 10 episodes. Ignoring why we are where we are because of the writing missteps in the previous two episodes, I think this one wraps up some of the storylines pretty well. Liked the conclusion of the Clegane arc, liked Cersei finally realising she overplayed her hand and actually felt sorry for a moment. There was also finally some actual strategy to this battle, with the dragon being put to good and smart use and Tyrion’s plan to ring the bell to stop the fighting. The Golden Company sure got more than what they bargained for and Euron with his smug grin was finally bested. His scorpions being useless because they were too slow was a more realistic choice than them being able to one shot a dragon. They should’ve just had Viserion kill Rhaegal, but anyway. Glad this episode was fine, let’s see how the last one turns out, going in without any spoilers or reading any rumours.

Neodegenerate said:
DonFerrari said:

I agree that sometimes they snap, but historically on TV shows they have shown the cracks in the armor.  3 episodes ago she was fine with doing whatever it took to protect Westeros.  Now she is taking the scorched earth approach with nothing more than the "look back and see why it might make sense" commentary after.

The cracks have been there since Season 2 and arguably since Season 1 in terms of a lack of empathy. Everytime she gets close to losing it however, she's had advisors to bring her back from the brink and the love/adoration of her followers. 

In the last 3 episodes she's lost her most trusted advisors (and one of them basically told her to show no mercy before her death), her last advisor she's lost complete faith in, her popularity if non-existent, her claim to the throne has been superseded by her lover who is now no longer her lover due to the incest thing, and her second dragon (who she treats as her children) has been killed off. 

And to top it all off, if she'd just attacked Kings Landing when she first arrived in Westeros she would have been sitting on the Iron Throne already.