By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have you changed your PSN ID name?

You change ID yet?

Yes 5 14.71%

No 24 70.59%

haven't yet 5 14.71%

Total:34

No and I do not intend to. My name is not my favorite choice, I only took it out of frustration when "Shiken" was apparently already taken. However, it has grown on me and there are far worse names out there. Not really worth dealing with any potential issues that may or may not come my way by going with a change.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

No, no plans on it either. Unless Sony releases old PSN IDs that people are no longer using.

dx11332sega said:
Shiken said:
No and I do not intend to. My name is not my favorite choice, I only took it out of frustration when "Shiken" was apparently already taken. However, it has grown on me and there are far worse names out there. Not really worth dealing with any potential issues that may or may not come my way by going with a change.

I like your current name your name is death punch or fist in japanese I think?

Yes Shi ken is "death fist" in Japanese, and has been my online handle since I used it in the MMORPG 12 Sky (which I achieved legendary status in).  What I am not fond of is that I simply put "ator" in reference to "terminator" at the end of it out of frustration when for the first time, my name was already taken.

I have gotten used to it though, so Shikenator stays as my PSN name for the long haul.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nope. I've had this screen name since the late 90's/early 2000's.

No, i'm quite happy with melbye82

Around the Network

I use the name UtterableHook across all services. This was a random name generated by XBL's random name generator when I signed up a decade or so ago. At the time, I didn't think I'd ever care what the name was, and I didn't feel like coming up with something creative on the spot. I think the name sucks. But, after a decade plus, I'm not going to change it. And, for consistency, I've used it on PSN and other places in the years since. So, for better or worse, that's my name.

I have. Went from FentonCracksheIl to AhmadSumadi. Made sure ESO wouldn’t be affected before doing so though.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

No, and I won't change it. Pretty happy with my ID name.

Nope. Been COKTOE since Alien Front Online on the Dreamcast, although there it was COCKTOE. XBL and PSN forced the removal of the second C.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yes, I changed during the beta last year, I was fine with my name but wanted to test the feature out and help with the beta. I've used a few different names online so I just switched to one of those that wasn't taken.

It's been months now without any issues, there are minor things like old highscores on Wipeout being registered under my old name, but any new ones take my new name. No loss of save data, trophies, DLC or unlisted purchases like Scott Pilgrim on PS3. The few known games with major issues are ones I'd never touched (I got Disc Jam on PS+ ages ago but never started it).

Glad they introduced the feature eventually since leaving it longer would just lead to more problems. Also offensive names won't result in an instant ban now so those people who chose a name that time and culture have decided is unacceptable get the option to pick a new name instead of losing everything.