By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announces Name Changes Are Finally Available!

I've been using a changed name since last year when I was in the beta, no issues for me on PS4, PS3 or Vita. As far as I know, there were some issues with Call of Duty on PS3 but nothing major was brought up in the forum for the beta.

Good to see it's available for everyone now.

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:

Good its here but I don't want to lose my trophies and progress
Please Sony solve this issue

It shouldn't be an issue, it's more them covering their backs. I was part of the beta and have not discovered a single issue on any of the Playstation consoles. During the beta there were some minor problems with Call of Duty on PS3 but I don't know of any other problems.

There will be a few people who just get screwed, but it's going to be a small number.

Here is a list from Sony detailing issues they are aware of.

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 10 April 2019

The issues people could face doing this kinda defeats the purpose of doing it.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

KLAMarine said:
Finally! BillCosby,JaredFogle,AndHarveyWeinstein'sBiggestFan is not a good name to have nowadays.

There actually is a JaredFromSubway on PSN. I met him in Rocketleague. 1 HarveyWeinstein created in 2014, and quite a few BillCosby's

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

KLAMarine said:
Finally! BillCosby,JaredFogle,AndHarveyWeinstein'sBiggestFan is not a good name to have nowadays.

Yep, obviously it's missing Donald Trump in there. You better change it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Since I got my ps3 at launch, I didn’t have to settle at all when I made my id. I’m good with mine. I have a friend that has been annoyed with his for years though, so good news to him.

I have work mate who's already changed his. Seems fine, see how he fairs later when he plays some games after work.

As mention, none of the ones I want are available, so sticking with what I have.

Hmm, pie.

So glad i chose something east when i signed up, might be boring to just use my last name but at least i can easily remember it

Meanwhile on Switch, you can change your ID on the fly as many times as you want without being charged a penny.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Meanwhile on Switch, you can change your ID on the fly as many times as you want without being charged a penny.

Can you really? I've never bothered to look into it...