By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct possibly happening on the 11th?

Tagged games:

We had a direct not even two months ago. Also, we already have a bunch of stuff already for 2019. What more can they possibly reveal for this year that shouldn't be saved for E3?

I am pretty sure a direct won't come until E3.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:

We had a direct not even two months ago. Also, we already have a bunch of stuff already for 2019. What more can they possibly reveal for this year that shouldn't be saved for E3?

They don't tend to reveal much at e3 anymore. We can get more news on animal crossing, luigi's mansion, Mario maker and many more. They have a huge amount show off this year. I think there is a big chance we'll get a direct this month. Not having one before e3 leaves too large of a gap between the February direct and e3.

killeryoshis said:

Mario Maker doesn’t even have a release date and Smash update is for the end of this month 

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

killeryoshis said:

A Direct doesnt have to include a whole bunch of huge reveals. An April Direct will mostly focus on new details for games already announced and reveals of smaller games releasing in Spring-early Summer and maybe a tease of a big game.

Let's look at the March 2018 Direct for comparison

Kirby: Star Allies

Okami HD

Sushi Striker

Octopath Traveler

Travis Strikes Again

Dark Souls Remastered

Mario Tennis Aces

Captain Toad

Undertale

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

Little Nightmares

South Park: Fractured But Whole

Hyrule Warriors

Splatoon 2 DLC

Smash Bros teaser

It was basically a bunch of late ports/remasters and updates on already announced games with Mario Tennis (June), Octopath Traveler (July) & Splatoon DLC (April/July) having the biggest focus.

An April Direct will be the same with a bunch of ports/remasters and updates on already announced games with Mario Maker (June), Fire Emblem (July) & Smash Bros DLC (April/early Summer) being the main focus.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
killeryoshis said:

They don't tend to reveal much at e3 anymore. We can get more news on animal crossing, luigi's mansion, Mario maker and many more. They have a huge amount show off this year. I think there is a big chance we'll get a direct this month. Not having one before e3 leaves too large of a gap between the February direct and e3.

People dont seem to realize that E3 is basically just a regular Direct, the thing that makes E3 different is that they host a couple tournaments and have 3 days of Treehouse from the showfloor but the presentation itself is just a regular Direct.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It's pretty cool that Nintendo pop out one of these every few months, the last one gave us Cuphead and a few other awesome titles on their way, if this is true I'm sure there will be at least one title I'll be picking up,... keeping the fingers crossed for GTA still lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
It's pretty cool that Nintendo pop out one of these every few months, the last one gave us Cuphead and a few other awesome titles on their way, if this is true I'm sure there will be at least one title I'll be picking up,... keeping the fingers crossed for GTA still lol.

I'm surprised gta v hasn't come out yet, it seems like a no brainer.

An announcement would normally happen at 11pm Japan time, so unless Nintendo are going to drop a Mini Direct without warning, there's no Direct planned tomorrow.

Gaming Intel have a terrible record anyway - as others have pointed out.

This is why I have mixed feelings with the Nintendo Direct rumor mill and all the speculation that surrounds a rumored Direct.
We always anticipate for the next Direct, even after the latest Direct airs.

Nintendo has already made a presence in the last few months.
- January had the Nindies Highlights video from Europe and a Feh (Fire Emblem Heroes) Channel Presentation
- Not to the mention the various tweets on release dates for games such as Yoshi's Crafted World and the unfortunate delay of Metroid Prime 4
- A Nintendo Direct happened on Feb. 13 and a Pokemon Direct happened on Feb. 27
- A Nindies Showcase on March 20
- Another Feh Channel Presentation on April 4

I know there is more information that needs to be shown for the upcoming games. I know people are dying to know more about Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain, Super Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword and Shield, among other games, including ones we do not know about yet. For now, we should be patient and not dwell too much on an upcoming direct that may or may not happen this week or next week or later this month.

When is the next Nintendo Direct? When Nintendo is ready to present one under their terms, not ours. Nintendo is not obligated to present information at a certain date (i.e., near Reggie's last day or something). I do not believe they operate like that. We will know more about Joker and Smash 3.0.0 when they're ready to show more, among other things.