By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Sells Over 4.2 Million Units Worldwide, Top VR Games Out Now/Coming Soon

From Pushsquare:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/psvrs_install_base_soars_past_4_2_million_units_worldwide

PSVR has now sold over 4.2 million units worldwide.  It sold over 1.2 million in the past 7 months alone- meaning sales are escalating.

I got mine early when they first came out and have been pleasantly surprised by Sony's constant support.

If you are new to PSVR, or are thinking about getting one (which I highly recommend) - here are some games you should check out and add to your list:

• Ace Combat 7
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  • Batman: Arkham VR
  • Battlezone
  • Beat Saber
  • Farpoint
  • Firewall Zero Hour
  • GT Sport
  • Moss
  • The Persistence
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Rez Infinite
  • Rigs
  • Tetris Effect
  • Thumper
  • Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood
  • Wipeout: Omega Collection
  • Star Wars: X-Wing VR Mission (free with Star Wars Battlefront)

Also - when you have time check out the VR section of the YouTube app.  There are literally thousands of VR videos to explore from all around the world.

Here are a few upcoming VR games for 2019 to look forward to:

• Blood & Truth
  • Dreams (this one may be my most anticipated - endless games created by the community to explore)
  • Everybody's Golf VR
  • Iron Man VR
  • No Man's Sky VR
  • Vacation Simulator

Do you have PSVR?  If so - what are some of your favorite PSVR games / experiences? 

If you don't have it - are you thinking about getting it? Comment below!

Around the Network

BOOM BABY.

It will probably sell 7m+ now but if Sony can get the price down it could be more. Currently in my countries gamestop it's on sale at €179 from €199.

If Sony can somehow get a wireless version sold at €149 and on sale even lower this thing has market potential. €99 the sweetspot and then obviously buying move controllers etc would be extra.

The tech is there and with the ps5 the processing power will be there too. The entry price is the only mass market barrier.

Regardless sales are good anyway. I'll jump in probably in 2021 or 22 when I have a ps5. Looking forward to it.

It keeps of growing, slowly but surly. With the games announced at SoP, it shouldn't be slowing down any time soon. Sony is build up a great user base right now, and that will pay dividends when PS5 and PSVR2 launch. I don't think they will have any trouble getting these 4.2 million people to grab PSVR2 much quick than they have grabbed PSVR1.

We are already seeing things that go far beyond what can be done with a Flat Screen and Game Pad, with just what PS4 has to offer. The number of immensely enjoyable experience I have had on PSVR are already too numerous to list. After SoP, I see even more of these experiences incoming.

As I am always looking to the future, I can not wait to see what will be possible with PS5 and PSVR2. I believe that just like PSVR is similar to PS1, PSVR2 will be just like PS2, in that it will see VR explode into the mainstream. So much goodness ahead.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
It keeps of growing, slowly but surly. With the games announced at SoP, it shouldn't be slowing down any time soon. Sony is build up a great user base right now, and that will pay dividends when PS5 and PSVR2 launch. I don't think they will have any trouble getting these 4.2 million people to grab PSVR2 much quick than they have grabbed PSVR1.

We are already seeing things that go far beyond what can be done with a Flat Screen and Game Pad, with just what PS4 has to offer. The number of immensely enjoyable experience I have had on PSVR are already too numerous to list. After SoP, I see even more of these experiences incoming.

As I am always looking to the future, I can not wait to see what will be possible with PS5 and PSVR2. I believe that just like PSVR is similar to PS1, PSVR2 will be just like PS2, in that it will see VR explode into the mainstream. So much goodness ahead.

If no man's sky is possible on psvr then I've no doubt the ps5 could run GTA V in psvr. That would be a killer app. 

KBG29 said:

My prediction , If there is no problem in the future , PSVR 2 will sell double .

If others company also jump into bandwagon, it will make VR as part of big electronic in home entertainment industries in the eyes of casual consumer. 

We need more company to jump on VR/AR, also with new Oculus Go and others casual VR device  i hope VR will be big in 5 years ahead.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

If Sony can somehow get a wireless version sold at €149 and on sale even lower this thing has market potential. €99 the sweetspot and then obviously buying move controllers etc would be extra.

I'm not sure how much potential for a price drop it has left. The lenses probably have a pretty fixed cost and the panel is a custom RGB Samsung OLED (they usually do pentile AMOLEDs), which apparently isn't used for anything else, so that likely won't really come down in price either.

I don't expect a "wireless version" (which would necessitate a complete redesign of it's internals, fit a battery, powerful wireless hw and probably an SoC for vid decoding in there) of gen1 (and certainly not as cheap as €/$150) and an upgrade kit for wireless seems highly unlikely aswell (V2 buyers would have to deal with the loooong connection cable somehow etc).

Kerotan said:

KBG29 said:

If no man's sky is possible on psvr then I've no doubt the ps5 could run GTA V in psvr. That would be a killer app. 

If next gen consoles truly do target 4K/60, that will be huge for VR. Right now we are trying to take 1080p/30 content and make it 1080p/60 - 120. It is going to be a whole hell of a lot easier for devs to make games at 1080p/120 coming from 4K/60. We should be able to see basically all games support VR with very few compromises.

I do think getting GTA in VR is going to massive for the medium. I am really hoping at a minimum that we see RDR2 remastered for PS5 with PSVR2 support, much like we saw GTA5 remastered for PS4 with First Person support. Then that can lead into GTA 6 being PSVR2 compatible on launch. Ultimately getting GTA5, RDR2, and GTA6 would be ideal.

HollyGamer said:
KBG29 said:

My prediction , If there is no problem in the future , PSVR 2 will sell double .

If others company also jump into bandwagon, it will make VR as part of big electronic in home entertainment industries in the eyes of casual consumer. 

We need more company to jump on VR/AR, also with new Oculus Go and others casual VR device  i hope VR will be big in 5 years ahead.

Having Microsoft and Nintendo enter the space will be huge. Once that happens the console war side of VR hating can end, and we can all start moving towards a brighter future.

I am really looking forward to Gears, Halo, and Forza in VR once Microsoft dives in fully, and Mario Kart and Zelda once Nintendo is ready to join the party.

Once we have everyone in, then we start having a real shot at getting stuff like Call of Duty VR, Assassins Creed VR, and more AAA 3rd party VR titles.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:

I do think getting GTA in VR is going to massive for the medium. I am really hoping at a minimum that we see RDR2 remastered for PS5 with PSVR2 support, much like we saw GTA5 remastered for PS4 with First Person support. Then that can lead into GTA 6 being PSVR2 compatible on launch. Ultimately getting GTA5, RDR2, and GTA6 would be ideal.

View on YouTube

It's actually crazy that in 2019 only Sony are supporting VR from the big 3. They are ahead of the curve and we should be greatful.

Conina said:
KBG29 said:

View on YouTube

Seen that when it first came out. It won't be quite that awesome next gen, that might be a PS6/PSVR3 or even PS7/PSVR4 type of experience. It is where we are heading though, and I look forward to it more than I have ever looked forward to anything ever before.

Thanks for posting, it was well worth another viewing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL