By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Sells Over 4.2 Million Units Worldwide, Top VR Games Out Now/Coming Soon

Mar1217 said:
Intrinsic said:
Thi really takes off when it can be sold for $100 and you need nothing more than a PS5 to which it will connect wirelessly.

How exactly will it pull off that feat ? Autonomously running VR Headsets don't go as far as the newly announced Oculus Quest or the Vive Cosmos. Not even mentioning it'll need it's on hardware and power source (unless you want to make it lass less than 3 hours) if it isn't connected physically with the console doing the operation, wireless connection solves nothing.

Then you go expecting them to sell it 100 bucks at some point ? Unreasonable, that's what it is.

Call it unreasonable.... but thats what VR as a whole needs to become mainstream. VR will always be an add on.... something that will pretty much need another device to work. Like buying a TV that only one person an use.

It needs to hit a price point where its painless and cheap to buy. And a user case where it requires no more than one wire you plug into aid device. Real plug and play. 

Around the Network

I will buy more VR Games for PS5, for sure, they require more power. Anyway, good figures.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Playing Star Citizen on PSVR would be super impressive.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

So, that's 4-4,5% attach rate? It's not amazing by any means, but it's something at least. With better hardware coming and more sophisticated VR on the way, it should grow in popularity in coming years though.

spynx said:
Playing Star Citizen on PSVR would be super impressive.

Isn't Star Citizen only for PC ? Btw i do love that to happen (at least i hope it come to PS5) . But for now No Man Sky :Beyond will have PSVR compatibility and that is really amazing, and what a lot peoples have been dreamed so far. 

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
HollyGamer said:

My prediction , If there is no problem in the future , PSVR 2 will sell double .

If others company also jump into bandwagon, it will make VR as part of big electronic in home entertainment industries in the eyes of casual consumer. 

We need more company to jump on VR/AR, also with new Oculus Go and others casual VR device  i hope VR will be big in 5 years ahead.

Having Microsoft and Nintendo enter the space will be huge. Once that happens the console war side of VR hating can end, and we can all start moving towards a brighter future.

I am really looking forward to Gears, Halo, and Forza in VR once Microsoft dives in fully, and Mario Kart and Zelda once Nintendo is ready to join the party.

Once we have everyone in, then we start having a real shot at getting stuff like Call of Duty VR, Assassins Creed VR, and more AAA 3rd party VR titles.

I do hope Microsoft enter the fray, but probably they will just focusing on AR . But i do really love to see AR used for consoles. It will be great  if they can provide good content and implemented well . But for VR Microsoft will just work with 3rd party VR company like Valve to bring it into their console.

For Nintendo if they can increase Switch performance with rumored Switch Pro , at least they will able to run all simple games at high frames, Then they can just release a real VR device add on like Samsung VR gear and not Labo Head Mounted cardboard that currently plan for Kid. That will be amazing. 

HollyGamer said:
KBG29 said:

Having Microsoft and Nintendo enter the space will be huge. Once that happens the console war side of VR hating can end, and we can all start moving towards a brighter future.

I am really looking forward to Gears, Halo, and Forza in VR once Microsoft dives in fully, and Mario Kart and Zelda once Nintendo is ready to join the party.

Once we have everyone in, then we start having a real shot at getting stuff like Call of Duty VR, Assassins Creed VR, and more AAA 3rd party VR titles.

I do hope Microsoft enter the fray, but probably they will just focusing on AR . But i do really love to see AR used for consoles. It will be great  if they can provide good content and implemented well . But for VR Microsoft will just work with 3rd party VR company like Valve to bring it into their console.

For Nintendo if they can increase Switch performance with rumored Switch Pro , at least they will able to run all simple games at high frames, Then they can just release a real VR device add on like Samsung VR gear and not Labo Head Mounted cardboard that currently plan for Kid. That will be amazing. 

Not for next 10-15 years. At least not in the way Microsoft has been touting it.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
HollyGamer said:

Not for next 10-15 years. At least not in the way Microsoft has been touting it.

Yeah agree, the AR they have now is still very expensive and also still a prototype. Only some developer who has it and not gaming developer. They might targeted for general purpose first and gaming latter . I can see the same with you, probably 15 to 20 years from now.

the-pi-guy said:

HollyGamer said:

Microsoft does have mixed reality on PC.  Lenovo, Samsung, HP, and others use their standards that they are developing.  

The mixed reality headsets are basically VR headsets with camera passthrough.  (I firmly believe that's the future, VR/AR combined headsets).

It's a bigger question whether they'll bring some of that to their next Xbox.  

Yeah i know, i said that they have AR (Hollo Lens) but not VR for gaming (as current form) . 

They will bring to Xbox , but not anytime soon , probably another 15 years from now , because the tech is not yet mature and still very costly. 

the-pi-guy said:
HollyGamer said:

Yeah i know, i said that they have AR (Hollo Lens) but not VR for gaming (as current form) . 

They will bring to Xbox , but not anytime soon , probably another 15 years from now , because the tech is not yet mature and still very costly.

I'm not talking about Hololens.  

MS has a lot of other headsets (actual VR gaming headsets)  under their standard.  Such as the HP Reverb:

https://cdn.uploadvr.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/hp-reverb-vr-headset-1-1000x562-o4x8f5611nfi1itoxlyt7uo1d2ojz4dvlajh1bdcl0.jpeg

That's a side project that was done by two or  more than one company. I mean we need  their own VR a project like Hololens that fully developed by Microsoft.