By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - An Official Truce

I'll sign as a Nintendo fan. I may make predictions, but I usually try to back them up with facts. /sign

Around the Network

I'd just be happy if I could post a thread, and not get my brains trolled out. I dont care if they BS post like retards. They end up looking like retards, and I end up laughing. However as a rule of thumb, I dont care that much any more. Come tomorrow night, I'll be gone for another week. I'll be back for 2 days, then leave for 2 or 3... come back for 4, then be gone for around 3 weeks... and maybe do a few posts on the weekend.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Bodhesatva said:

I have no idea how well this will work, but I thought I'd try it.

There has been a lot of heated arguments on this site over the past 6 months -- actually, there has been heated debates over the past 6 months on any video game forum. In most cases, including this one, Nintendo fans have surged forth, clearly heady with their sudden return to prominence and victory. I can understand that feeling, for sure. 

The problem isn't really that the Nintendo fans are being particularly mean spirited here: they don't (usually) call PS3 fans idiots and losers, they don't usually curse or laugh or say anything obscene and cruel. Really, it's just that there are so many Nintendo fans populating these types of boards that they (usually) inadvertently swarm over any PS3/360 fan, responding 6 or 7 times to any post to tell them why they are incorrect and wrong. That doesn't feel good and it's not constructive.

I have a great affection for this site in particular, and I'm quite afraid that it will end up being no more than a Wii fansite. Seriously. We've already pushed a healthy portion of PS3/360 owners off the site by bullying them, and I don't want that to continue. I want everyone to post here happily -- even if we disagree. I doubt even the most ardent of Wii fans wants this to turn into a Wii site, either.

So please, sign here if you agree to treat PS3, Xbox360, and Wii owners with respect, even if they don't agree with your opinions. This obviously can't always work, as it's hard to remain totally calm and composed if someone comes in and tells you you're a retard and a homo for liking System (X): this is a general contract, and I'd hope we can agree on limited boundries. Let's start with these, and they can be changed over time:

1) If someone curses, uses profane language, or ridicules you (calls you an "idiot," "retard," or any such thing), you are not held to this contract.

2) If someone clearly lies, as in "The Wii has sold 20 million systems already," or "The PS3 has sold way better than the Wii," then you are not held to this contract. Vague half truths don't count -- it has to be a bold, outright lie to free you. 

Unless someone breaks the above rules, let's all agree not to mock and/or gang up on people who simply disagree with us. If someone signs this contract, then continues to incite flame wars, link them to this page to remind them.

I'll go first.

/sign 

It's as if the Care Bear said it himself!

I noticed that too. Especially since, prior, he had no pic.

DaBIAS said:
How about something serious like wii owners no longer getting away with racicm and bigotry, same treatment for all.

This would be an example of someone who has broken the code, and you'd have permission to treat as hostile. DaBias has:

1) Come into a thread aobut being nice to each other, and has not agreed to be nice (implied by the suggestion that this thread is "not serious")

2) Called anyone who owns a Wii a "racist" and a "bigot."

When people behave like this, I think it's asking a bit much for you to remain composed and kind hearted. Rip away. But people who are nice and just happen to like the PS3? Not so much. If you want a great example, look up Shane's posts.

I think, like a lot of people here, I'd like to see this site become the premier internet location for Video Game sales news and analysis. This simply won't happen if we scare all the 360/PS3 owners away. So I'm not just saying this for the sake of the PS3/360 owners: I hope the Wii-supporters can see that this benefits everyone.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

*deleted post*

Bodhesatva said:
DaBIAS said:
How about something serious like wii owners no longer getting away with racicm and bigotry, same treatment for all.

This would be an example of someone who has broken the code, and you'd have permission to treat as hostile. DaBias has:

1) Come into a thread aobut being nice to each other, and has not agreed to be nice (implied by the suggestion that this thread is "not serious")

2) Called anyone who owns a Wii a "racist" and a "bigot."

When people behave like this, I think it's asking a bit much for you to remain composed and kind hearted. Rip away. But people who are nice and just happen to like the PS3? Not so much. If you want a great example, look up Shane's posts.

I think, like a lot of people here, I'd like to see this site become the premier internet location for Video Game sales news and analysis. This simply won't happen if we scare all the 360/PS3 owners away. So I'm not just saying this for the sake of the PS3/360 owners: I hope the Wii-supporters can see that this benefits everyone.

He's also used some highly inappropriate language that I won't repeat here. The irony he would call other people bigot is pretty much the height of hypocrisy and why the mods didn't ban him for using that foul language is beyond me.

Well i'll try, at least the PS3 and 360 fans here aren't as obnoxious, for the most part, as their bretheren on other sites, I was reading the replies to Nintendo's comment about having 35 million Wiis in the US by 2012 on some other sites, and it was just a long Wii hatefest by the PS3 and 360 fanboys

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Oh, a sign thing!

/signs!

Good idea, hopefully it helps ^_^

eab said:

Oh, a sign thing!

/signs!

Good idea, hopefully it helps ^_^

it i, but i doubt this will last, the ones who should sign this wont. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453