By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Torillian said:
KLAMarine said:

"We'll stick with dumb-as-shit and xenophobic then. I don't feel like trying to convince you that it's racist to tell brown congresswomen to go back to their own countries when xenophobic is easier and requires less groundwork laying."

He also asked those same congresswomen to return at some point: "then come back and show us how....

....it is done."

...But let's ignore that!

You're right, they have permission to come back to the US after they help fix the countries they're "from". Well thank god, nvm then. Remember that thing about Trump being smart enough to leave centrists enough wiggle room that they can make excuses for him when he says shit that is dumb and xenophobic? I mean for fuck's sake, this is why the guy thinks he could shoot someone in central park and wouldn't lose support, because people make excuses for him like he's a toddler. 

In Trump's world who exactly is "from here"? Because most of these progressive congresswomen were born here and are as much "from here" as Trump himself. 

"In Trump's world who exactly is "from here"?"

An excellent question. A shame we don't have Trump here so we could ask him.

"Because most of these progressive congresswomen were born here and are as much "from here" as Trump himself."

I'm still not sure what congresswomen we're talking about. It wasn't terribly clear in Trump's tweets.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
The tweets are pretty bad and I can see how it can be construed as racism but I think it has more to do with Trump being intolerant to progressive ideas.

Why he wrote the tweets is because he's intolerant to progressive ideas, how he framed the tweets is because he's racist. You can be intolerant to progressive ideas and tell people to move somewhere else without telling brown people to "go back to where they came from". 

KLAMarine said:
Torillian said:

You're right, they have permission to come back to the US after they help fix the countries they're "from". Well thank god, nvm then. Remember that thing about Trump being smart enough to leave centrists enough wiggle room that they can make excuses for him when he says shit that is dumb and xenophobic? I mean for fuck's sake, this is why the guy thinks he could shoot someone in central park and wouldn't lose support, because people make excuses for him like he's a toddler. 

In Trump's world who exactly is "from here"? Because most of these progressive congresswomen were born here and are as much "from here" as Trump himself. 

"Because most of these progressive congresswomen were born here and are as much "from here" as Trump himself."

I'm still not sure what congresswomen we're talking about. It wasn't terribly clear in Trump's tweets.

Yeah, sadly inductive reasoning is sometimes required when we're trying to figure out people's motives. Not many bigots wear "I hate brown people, ask me about it" t shirts. 

Considering he told brown congresswomen to go to where they're from and was one of the major people questioning Obama's citizenship I have a theory on who he thinks are "from here".

Context suggests his tweet is in reference to AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley as these are the progressive congresswomen currently telling the US how to run by condemning the conditions in border concentration camps.  If you have another plausible context then let's hear it. 

Torillian said:
jason1637 said:
The tweets are pretty bad and I can see how it can be construed as racism but I think it has more to do with Trump being intolerant to progressive ideas.

Why he wrote the tweets is because he's intolerant to progressive ideas, how he framed the tweets is because he's racist. You can be intolerant to progressive ideas and tell people to move somewhere else without telling brown people to "go back to where they came from". 

Telling people to go back somewhere isnt racist. 

jason1637 said:
Torillian said:

Well since everyone wants to be pedantic I guess I'll join in:

I didn't say what he said was racist, I said he framed it that way because he's racist. He's racist so he framed the tweet in a xenophobic way that calls into question the american identity of several brown congresswomen. My contention is that if the congresswomen were white he would not have called into question their american identity. My basis for this is Trump's support of Obama birtherism and basic pattern recognition. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Torillian said:

It's both xenophobic and racially charged. Most of these congresswomen were born in the US. He's basically saying immigrants from poor non-White countries have no business in politics in the US. That's as close as advocating segregation or something like a caste system I can remember him insinuating. Or do you believe he would be saying the same thing if these people had, say, Russian or Ukrainian ancestry?

Torillian said:
KLAMarine said:

Yeah, sadly inductive reasoning is sometimes required when we're trying to figure out people's motives. Not many bigots wear "I hate brown people, ask me about it" t shirts. 

Considering he told brown congresswomen to go to where they're from and was one of the major people questioning Obama's citizenship I have a theory on who he thinks are "from here".

Context suggests his tweet is in reference to AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley as these are the progressive congresswomen currently telling the US how to run by condemning the conditions in border concentration camps.  If you have another plausible context then let's hear it. 

Can you read minds?

KLAMarine said:
Torillian said:

Can you read minds?

Since you are not capable of inductive reasoning I want to tell you outright that I hate you and think you're a detriment to all political discourse. 

Torillian said:
KLAMarine said:

Can you read minds?

Since you are not capable of inductive reasoning I want to tell you outright that I hate you and think you're a detriment to all political discourse. 

Gonna take that as a 'no'. After a session of inductive reasoning, how do you verify Trump's actions stem from hate for 'brown people' and not from anything else like a dislike for progressive ideology or for democrats in general?

Torillian said:
KLAMarine said:

Can you read minds?

I think you are overreacting and "i hate you" together with "you're a detriment to all political discourse" in one sentence does not make you look that openminded .

That said you should take a step back and see people want to condemn what trump tweeted following their own interpretation of the context without always having to assume half of the so called facts you tell them to believe or without hyperbole and you do not have to call them idiots for that or hate them for that.

If you can't hold back that feeling then just keep it for yourself cause its pulls the thread down and it is against the rules.