By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Biden Administration is falling into the old failed pattern of tit for tat military diplomacy instead of moving on to constructive progressive diplomacy of rewinding trump imposed sanctions on Iran and talking this out at the highest levels to set a more open tone   

The Est. Dems, the "moderate" War Hawks of the old politics just can't help themselves but screw the middle east up again :/  

Around the Network

Biden/Harris had their chance to get the $15 passed, but ignored the opportunity, so the working poor must suffer once again because the people in power that could make a difference preferred to be compromised and keep the rich and powerful happy first 

2 more years 

Rab said:

This just seems like a pretty clear lie to me...

The "lie" of Biden/Harris was to not even try 

You have proven to be a complete apologist for these Est. Dems, your "moderate" compromised views will get nothing achieved as seen in past decades of Est Rule

The cycle of BS continues with a new generation  

Dude, you spent like 20 pages calling me a moderate shill before realizing you agreed with my point about compromising on bills, and I just criticized the Biden Administration earlier on this page. I would say "cool it with the braindead generalizations" but that seems to be all you bring to the table in this thread.

You got one thing right though: The cycle of BS continues...

sundin13 said:
Rab said:

The "lie" of Biden/Harris was to not even try 

You have proven to be a complete apologist for these Est. Dems, your "moderate" compromised views will get nothing achieved as seen in past decades of Est Rule

The cycle of BS continues with a new generation  

Dude, you spent like 20 pages calling me a moderate shill before realizing you agreed with my point about compromising on bills, and I just criticized the Biden Administration earlier on this page. I would say "cool it with the braindead generalizations" but that seems to be all you bring to the table in this thread.

Dude you made up a fantasy compromise that was pure gotcha, it tells me more about you as a person actually, not one to debate in good faith ;)

To me you are a "moderate" "Rep lite" Shill, trying to defend the Establishment position, I did give you the benefit of the doubt at first, but now.. jeez :) 

And now the opportunity is there to do something on $15, you make even more excuses, you have been deceptive in your support for this bill  

Last edited by Rab - on 01 March 2021

Just because the $15/hr minimum wage is off the table for the COVID-19 bill doesn't mean the Democrats are gonna give up on increasing it altogether. Besides, even if it was kept in the bill, the bill wouldn't pass in the Senate due to 2 of the Democrats opposing that part of it. I'm sure they'll find a way to get it done through compromise.

Last edited by Mr.GameCrazy - on 03 March 2021

Around the Network

There is absolutely a path for a $15 minimum wage that Biden/Harris aren't taking, AOC spells it out how shameful this process has been, how it's a betrayal of the working poor that voted for Democrats, this will cost in votes with the young and poor, this is the type of corp appeasement that produced the trump phenomenon, a symptom of a broken system     

Rab said:
sundin13 said:

Dude you made up a fantasy compromise that was pure gotcha, it tells me more about you as a person actually, not one to debate in good faith ;)

To me you are a "moderate" "Rep lite" Shill, trying to defend the Establishment position, I did give you the benefit of the doubt at first, but now.. jeez :) 

And now the opportunity is there to do something on $15, you make even more excuses, you have been deceptive in your support for this bill  

So exactly how was the Dems going to get pass Joe and the other Dem that was not going to vote for the 15 dollar mim increase.  Please enlighten everyone here how this magic was going to happen when he has on multiple occasions stated he will not vote for it.  Make us understand because really at this point its like you are so narrow in your way of thinking that you seem to totally forget how the Senate works.

Rab said:

There is absolutely a path for a $15 minimum wage that Biden/Harris aren't taking, AOC spells it out how shameful this process has been, how it's a betrayal of the working poor that voted for Democrats, this will cost in votes with the young and poor, this is the type of corp appeasement that produced the trump phenomenon, a symptom of a broken system     

Lol, she gives absolutely no way to get pass Joe or the other Dem.  Meaning that she did not give one clue on how to get pass pass Joe at this time so no, this does not give us a path to 15 dollars. 

Can you enlighten me exactly what she brought to the table that gave you the impression that there is a way pass 2 Dem senators to get the 15 minimum wage in the relief bill.  Oh and if its getting rid of the filibuster or the parliamentarian decision then you are wasting everyone time because that doesn't accomplished anything for this bill.

Machiavellian said:
Rab said:

So exactly how was the Dems going to get pass Joe and the other Dem that was not going to vote for the 15 dollar mim increase.  Please enlighten everyone here how this magic was going to happen when he has on multiple occasions stated he will not vote for it.  Make us understand because really at this point its like you are so narrow in your way of thinking that you seem to totally forget how the Senate works.

Oh please, cut the false concern, this bill has a 76% approval rating with all voters and even a 60% approval with republican voters, it's wanted, its needed, it's popular 

If Biden/Harris were even slightly interested they could have successfully pulled every string through Budget Reconciliation and pass this bill, even if in the end they did actually fail at least they tried, but they aren't even trying, they are betraying the people that voted for them, the people they said they would make this a top priority... I repeat for your blocked ears... Biden and Harris aren't even trying to get this passed, they are happy with the status quo   

Krystal and Saagar have a great discussion on the events that could have been vs what sadly is happening

Rab said:
Machiavellian said:

Oh please, cut the false concern, this bill has a 76% approval rating with all voters and even a 60% approval with republican voters, it's wanted, its needed, it's popular 

If Biden/Harris were even slightly interested they could have successfully pulled every string through Budget Reconciliation and pass this bill, even if in the end they did actually fail at least they tried, but they aren't even trying, they are betraying the people that voted for them, the people they said they would make this a top priority... I repeat for your blocked ears... Biden and Harris aren't even trying to get this passed, they are happy with the status quo   

Krystal and Saagar have a great discussion on the events that could have been vs what sadly is happening

NO the one who needs to cut the BS is you.  What you just stated still does not get you 51 votes.  Even if Joe and Harris pulled every string they could, you still have to have 51 votes to make it happen.  So you have 2 Dems Senator who are not going to vote for it, how does making any of those moves get you 51 votes.  

You get nothing for trying here.  Tell me what trying gets us.  First, trying gets the bill dropped which means everything else within the bill does not happen just because you want 15 minimum wage.  You are willing to deny everything else within the bill for that one item while you profess bout caring for the people that struggle.. Please, the only thing you really seem to care about is what you want but damn everything else or anyone else that needs this relief now.

Who cares about what Krystal Saagar thinks, what matters is what can be done.  People always have opinions but if they are not part of the process their opinion is a waste of time.

Last but not least, why waste the effort if you cannot get it done.  March 14 is the deadline for this bill, so what magic that Biden and Harris can produce that make Joe and the other Senator go away.  Nothing you stated make this happen and nothing you stated is worth holding up this bill just to get that one issue to nuke it.