By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zoombael said:
Runa216 said:
I think it's clear that y'all need to start voting for PARTIES and not INDIVIDUALS, because that's how you end up stupidly voting in Trump just becuase you don't like Hillary/Biden. I don't see why people hate Hillary/Biden, but I do know that their parties still stand for progress and equality, not parity and regression like modern Republicans. Trump is a trash human, but he doesn't have nearly as much power as you might think. He is a figurehead, a (terrible) speaker, not the one who actually makes decisions.

Aside from contradicting yourself...

Republicans are still the lesser of two evils.

Dare you to watch that youtube vid, joke ad, I just posted :)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

this is the best ad I've ever seen lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIkl2QnJeI

Nice summery of human misery and greed initiated and sponsored by the US Government

Rab said:
JRPGfan said:

this is the best ad I've ever seen lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIkl2QnJeI

Nice summery of human misery and greed initiated and sponsored by the US Government

When 43million americas are faceing evictions soon, and about 20% of all americans cant afford to feed themselves (hunger issues)....
Things are messed up.

It was the "The republicans are the lesser of two evils" thingy that triggered me, just after this *if* goverment ad's were honest vid.
How is that possible, after whats happend to the US, under republican leadership?

Zoombael said:
Runa216 said:
I think it's clear that y'all need to start voting for PARTIES and not INDIVIDUALS, because that's how you end up stupidly voting in Trump just becuase you don't like Hillary/Biden. I don't see why people hate Hillary/Biden, but I do know that their parties still stand for progress and equality, not parity and regression like modern Republicans. Trump is a trash human, but he doesn't have nearly as much power as you might think. He is a figurehead, a (terrible) speaker, not the one who actually makes decisions.

AAAHAAHAHAAHAAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

JRPGfan said:
Zoombael said:

I do understand your sentiment and a year ago i would never have said anything close to those words you quote. So many people don't understand the current political situation in the US and other western countries and the implications, the great potential danger. 19** danger.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
JRPGfan said:

I do understand your sentiment and a year ago i would never have said anything close to those words you quote. So many people don't understand the current political situation in the US and other western countries and the implications, the great potential danger. 19** danger.

Is that in reguard to facism? and world wars?
Yes trump is on that path (facism).....  however there will not be any more world wars.

Theres nukes enough to cover the surface of the earth 12-15 times over.
So if Trump turns the US into a facist dictatorship, other nations of the world, wont be able to save you.
US back then went into the war to help save europe.
We cannot do the same for america, we cant save you from another Hitler, if that is what trump actually turns out to be.

You need to save yourselves before it gets to that point.

The Gullah-Geechee have owned land since the 1800s. One terrible law allows their land to be stolen

I just learned that it's legal to steal land that belongs to descendants of slaves if they use collective ownership like they were familiar with in West Africa. Very cool, and not at all racist!

JRPGfan said:

Yes trump is on that path (facism).....  however there will not be any more world wars.

So if Trump turns the US into a facist dictatorship, other nations of the world, wont be able to save you.
We cannot do the same for america, we cant save you from another Hitler, if that is what trump actually turns out to be.

Pretty sure this is impossible, I still remember from history class that the U.S. runs on a system of checks and balances specifically to prevent such things from happening. Don't remember exactly how it works, but one thing is that you can only be president for 8 years maximum. Trump has already been here for 4 years and we aren't remotely a dictatorship. Even if he actually wins somehow, 4 more years isn't enough time to drastically change America. I'm fairly confident he'll not even get anymore years. I feel he was only voted in because people wanted someone different from the usual, and after seeing how well that went, the majority should hopefully agree with me now that when both candidates are suck, it's probably better to have the one who's actually a politician.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
JRPGfan said:

Pretty sure this is impossible, I still remember from history class that the U.S. runs on a system of checks and balances specifically to prevent such things from happening. Don't remember exactly how it works, but one thing is that you can only be president for 8 years maximum. Trump has already been here for 4 years and we aren't remotely a dictatorship. Even if he actually wins somehow, 4 more years isn't enough time to drastically change America. I'm fairly confident he'll not even get anymore years. I feel he was only voted in because people wanted someone different from the usual, and after seeing how well that went, the majority should hopefully agree with me now that when both candidates are suck, it's probably better to have the one who's actually a politician.

Which are being ignored, and people in such positions of power, have been replaced with "yes men" by trump.
People that just nod and agree with everything he does, even if unlawfull.

Checks and balances are only as good as the people upholding them.

Also if you have a unlawfull person leading, who ignores laws, what makes you think a 8 year maximum has any meaning?
Putin had enough "yes men" to change the term limits in russia. Its happend in other places, it could happend in america too.

Hes already attempting to make excuses for potental lose.
Attempting to rig the election, by voter suppresion, disreguarding mail-voteing (put a guy in, to wreck the US voter mail system), ect.

Even then, if he still losses, he's not admitted that he will except the results of the votes.
That if there even is a vote. He's suggesting just cancelling the elections for a year or more (until its safe to do so).

Hes talked about wanting to drag out, the proccess with years of legal battles if needed.
(ei. if he loses and doesnt accept it)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 August 2020

JRPGfan said:

Which are being ignored, and people in such positions of power, have been replaced with "yes men" by trump.
People that just nod and agree with everything he does, even if unlawfull.

Checks and balances are only as good as the people upholding them.

If that's true, why aren't we already a fascist dictatorship, and how are we having this election?

EDIT: Trump is just one dude, if he loses he and tries to stay in the White House he will be forced out and hopefully thrown in jail, but I don't think he's that dumb, we all know he likes to talk shit and act tough.