By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
coolbeans said:

But the glaring issue comes down to having the manpower & wherewithal to overtake a place like Seattle, effectively soypod haven for the not-alt-right Antifa.  That's why it appears like you're jumping at shadows when assuming blame on another group.

Maybe I am, but that doesn't cover up what the alt-right have done since the mid 2010s, and saying it's Antifa's fault is like saying fascism is better, which is arguably worse when you consider history.

KLXVER said:

Criminals. Murdering black and white criminals. Its not always justified, but they dont go around killing civilians. That would be insane. 

The 4 police officers who were involved in the killing of George Floyd for example have been fired, publicly condemned and are awaiting trial. They are not getting away with anything. 

But the cops who murdered Breonna Taylor have gotten away Scot free. She wasn't even armed, they just came in and shot her.

Furthermore, America can afford to militarize the police but not fund their children's education for a better future?

They didnt just go in and shoot her. Her boyfriend started shooting at the police, they shot back and hit her as well. Not saying it was justified, but at least give a few more details before you make comments like this.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
KLXVER said:

They didnt just go in and shoot her. Her boyfriend started shooting at the police, they shot back and hit her as well. Not saying it was justified, but at least give a few more details before you make comments like this.

More details?  OK.  How about the fact they entered the wrong house? How about the fact the guy they were looking for was already arrested hours earlier?

They had a no-knock warrant that included her apartment. 

Again Im not saying it was justified. It was a clusterfuck to say the least. But they didnt just walk in to some womans house and shot her.

KLXVER said:
SpokenTruth said:

More details?  OK.  How about the fact they entered the wrong house? How about the fact the guy they were looking for was already arrested hours earlier?

Again Im not saying it was justified. It was a clusterfuck to say the least. But they didnt just walk in to some womans house and shot her.

You're right, the officer didn't walk in the house--he fired from outside through a partially blocked window, unable to even know if there was a deadly threat on the other side or innocent bystanders put in harm's way. In plainclothes.

NBC article

So even if he went inside, his victims would have no way of knowing if he's police or a criminal invading their home.

Mr_Destiny said:
KLXVER said:

You're right, the officer didn't walk in the house--he fired from outside through a partially blocked window, unable to even know if there was a deadly threat on the other side or innocent bystanders put in harm's way. In plainclothes.

NBC article

So even if he went inside, his victims would have no way of knowing if he's police or a criminal invading their home.

Ok, there seems to be several different accounts of what happened. I read and heard that they went inside. It still says that on the Wikipedia page about what happened. He has been fired it seems like at least.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

They still got away with murder.

And now the Supreme Court has caused America to descend further into fascism.

What they've done is basically restricted voters' choices on the presidential election, all to keep Trump in power. Further proof that Trump is American Hitler.

They didnt get away with murder. The police officer has been fired.

I get that you hate Trump, but he has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

I know, but what I just linked to needed to be seen.

I can't believe the Supreme Court has allowed this bullshit. In 2020 alone Trump has enabled racist cops, denied that COVID-19 even exists, spread said virus with his rallies, almost started a war with Iran, and now the Supreme Court has rigged the election so that society may have to suffer another 4 years of this heartless shit for brains.

Well Im not sure all that is 100% true, but hes not perfect in any way. Even though he might think so himself.

I dont know. Not sure 4 years of Biden will be much better though tbh. 

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

I know, but what I just linked to needed to be seen.

I can't believe the Supreme Court has allowed this bullshit. In 2020 alone Trump has enabled racist cops, denied that COVID-19 even exists, spread said virus with his rallies, almost started a war with Iran, and now the Supreme Court has rigged the election so that society may have to suffer another 4 years of this heartless shit for brains.

I don't think you understand that Supreme Court ruling otherwise no clue how you think it going to limit chose or help Trump.

All it says is that a Electoral College voter can not go rogue and ignore the voters of the state to vote for someone that the voters did not vote for without punishment.

CaptainExplosion said:
Cyran said:

I don't think you understand that Supreme Court ruling otherwise no clue how you think it going to limit chose or help Trump.

All it says is that a Electoral College voter can not go rogue and ignore the voters of the state to vote for someone that the voters did not vote for without punishment.

I swear I read "Punish them for not voting for the popular vote.". How is that fair?

US has a dumb system where we all as the citizens vote and then each state has representatives go put in their votes based on who the most citizens voted for. This ruling dictates that the representative can't decide "fuck you guys I'm voting for someone else" after the citizens have decided who they want. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Cyran said:

I swear I read "Punish them for not voting for the popular vote.". How is that fair?

Ahh I see the confusion, How elections work in USA a little confusing.

There 538 people that cast the official vote for who become the president.  Each candidate pick 538 people to represent them.  If Trump wins Texas the 38 people that he selected for Texas cast the official votes for Texas.  Even through they was picked by Trump they technically don't have to vote for trump even through he won popular vote of Texas.  What this supreme court ruling says is the state can punish someone for not voting for the person they pledged to vote for. 

Last edited by Cyran - on 06 July 2020

Outside looking in, it seems biden has a big advantage over trump, even bigger than hillary had over trump. considering that I read smewhere that probably there wont be any debate, where biden would probably be crushed or just sleep, what is the consensus at the moment in us? It seems to me trump has no chance this time but you never know...