By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51

9.5/10 from DigitalChumps

""There is no satisfaction in immortality. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice proves its thesis by matching the resolve of its protagonist with the potential of its player in a performance choreographed by agonizing lessons and industrious rehearsals. When it’s showtime presentation seems instinctive and proficiency feels powerful. Sekiro demands immense competence, but, once its needs are met, the payoff is irresistible.""

http://digitalchumps.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/

Who has finished Sekiro ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I think the boss that broke you probably should have been reserved for New Game Plus. I can understand why they put him into the main game though. I think they wanted to give people the chance at facing him on a fresh playthrough, after having already beaten the game, and doing New Game Plus. Kind of like how you could fight the 2nd Demon in the Undead Asylum long before your character had the stats to reasonably be able to take him on. Or like how you can just go and fight Ganon right away in BotW after leaving the Plateau. But this time around it isn't your character that grows in power, its you, and your reflexes. I'm sure after three or four playthroughs of the game, even that final optional boss would be much easier. 

I get the sense that you personally hate the game, but are saying that it is objectively 8/10 or 9/10. 

But I just got to the first horse-riding subboss, so you may see me post on here enraged later on. Based on your posts, I'll be fighting every boss at least five times, to scout out their attacks, and then using items like mad for the real battles. It's been really slow going this week. Way too much overtime at my job. I think I started playing on Sunday, and so far have gotten about ten or so hours in. Five of them were just screwing around, and getting a feel for the game. 

There is a difference between not being able to do something and hating something, I can't fuck Rihanna but she is a solid ten and I don't hate her for it, same with this game. I can piss and moan about the difficulty and my ability not being high skill enough but it doesn't lessen the game any more objectively or subjectively, it's still great. 

The horse riding guy is the first main boss and if you use fircrackers and the grapple skill he is fairly easy. I just got up to mid game (second or third main boss depending) in less than an hour taking all the mini bosses on the beaten path down along the way only dying once to a camera issue in a confined room boss, so skill has a lot to do with it I guess and knowing the bosses patterns. Whatever you do, just don't return to Hiratta a second time and you should be fine and don't ring the demon bell or if you do use it for farming make sure to check the icons under your health bar before heading into bosses. 

I didn´t know you could return to Hirata a second time to face new bosses.Any great items to get there to make it worth your while?

Nate4Drake said:

I have. 

Right now I'm getting all 1000GS on somebody else's account in exchange for a PS4Pro.

Angelus said:
Nate4Drake said:

I have. 

Right now I'm getting all 1000GS on somebody else's account in exchange for a PS4Pro.

Who wants the achievements that bad, holy crap! Best of luck to you.

Congrats John on beating the game! I was genuinely saddened by your story so it's good to see you continuing despite it.

I haven't been playing much these past couple days as I don't know what game to move onto next. I played a bit of an indie, early access game called Risk of Rain 2, as I put a lot of time into the first one, and I also finished Yoshi with my daughter last night.

There's a void Sekiro left behind and it's annoying not knowing what game to play in my free time.

RaptorChrist said:
Angelus said:

I have. 

Congrats John on beating the game! I was genuinely saddened by your story so it's good to see you continuing despite it.

I haven't been playing much these past couple days as I don't know what game to move onto next. I played a bit of an indie, early access game called Risk of Rain 2, as I put a lot of time into the first one, and I also finished Yoshi with my daughter last night.

There's a void Sekiro left behind and it's annoying not knowing what game to play in my free time.

Some dude with nearly 300k GS, and over 300 digital games on his profile….most of which I've never heard of. But hey, I'm not complaining. He already sent the damn thing according to the tracking number he gave me, and I haven't even finished the game for him yet. 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
RaptorChrist said:

Some dude with nearly 300k GS, and over 300 digital games on his profile….most of which I've never heard of. But hey, I'm not complaining. He already sent the damn thing according to the tracking number he gave me, and I haven't even finished the game for him yet. 

Haha, wow, how did you manage to land that gig?

The dude must do this quite often. I would hope that he is making a return on his investment in the form of some sort of rewards program for having a high GS. It's hard for me to imagine otherwise that he would do this purely for the sake of having a higher GS, especially when he isn't doing it himself.

I guess without people like that there wouldn't exist opportunities such as this.

RaptorChrist said:
Angelus said:

Haha, wow, how did you manage to land that gig?

The dude must do this quite often. I would hope that he is making a return on his investment in the form of some sort of rewards program for having a high GS. It's hard for me to imagine otherwise that he would do this purely for the sake of having a higher GS, especially when he isn't doing it himself.

I guess without people like that there wouldn't exist opportunities such as this.

Guy just randomly messaged me a couple days ago, saw I was one of the first 50 people on TrueAchievements to complete the game. He's from Vienna, so he was probably looking for someone relatively close by, who also speaks German.

John2290 said:
Angelus said:

I have. 

Wait what? Why Would anyone do that, it's just fake points, there is no achievement in that. Do they have OCD or something and can't best the game?

Idk man....people obsess over all kinds of things. He played the game to just before the first Owl fight, and decided he'd had enough. 

John2290 said:
Angelus said:

Guy just randomly messaged me a couple days ago, saw I was one of the first 50 people on TrueAchievements to complete the game. He's from Vienna, so he was probably looking for someone relatively close by, who also speaks German.

Idk man....people obsess over all kinds of things. He played the game to just before the first Owl fight, and decided he'd had enough. 

That does sound like OCD and probably doesn't want a stain on his account bringing down his completion rate, this shit saddens me, I know exactly what OCD at that level is like before I grew out of it or smoked enough weed in my teens to cure it thankfully before Trophies were introduced. I can only imagine what having to have 100% completion of GS and Trophies, must be utter hell for him. Btw, there is a save scum method to get all the endings in one playthrough if that helps, I' sure you already know but I might as well mention it anyway. 

I know about it yes, but considering the massive XP grind needed to get all the skills, it's really more beneficial to play into the NG+++ to make it go faster. A playthrough only takes me about an hour anyway.

John2290 said:
Angelus said:

I know about it yes, but considering the massive XP grind needed to get all the skills, it's really more beneficial to play into the NG+++ to make it go faster. A playthrough only takes me about an hour anyway.

Awe yeah  I didn't think of that. What is the EXP increase on NG++ and NG+++? For example I get 315 off of the first basic enemies on NG+, any idea how much it increases?

I forget what it's like on the basic starters, but the endgame enemies around the Ashina Outskirts go for around 1400 for the simple gunners, and 2800 for the dual blade samurai guys in NG+++ which is pretty decent. If you travel to the stairway idol there (last one before the one that takes you to the Hatred Demon), you can stealth kill like 5 guys in quick succession and repeat.

Angelus said:
Nate4Drake said:

I have. 

Congrats man !   The Game is hard, mostly if you haven't much experience in the genre, like me; later I will try to beat Guardian Ape, hope it will not take half the night :D   In case I will ask you help and tips.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.