By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51
John2290 said:
@JamesGarret. I bet you feel fantastic now, did you get that adrenaline rush as the boss was nearing her end? Beating a boss in this game after so much time spent dying and trying to get better is perhaps, at least for me, the most rewarding things in a video game ever. When I beat Genichiro I was jumping around place shouting YES. Lol.

@Rapterchris I meant the first death blow before phase two, had so much adrenaline pumping through me that I breezed through on my attempt after the "thing" that happens got me killed.

I'm now on a boss that is even harder than Genichiro and just as fun, albeit a bit slower paced which makes it a whole lot harder do well.

I did!...that feeling where you think to yourself "she´s almost finished but one slip up and I might be too"...if this game had come out several years ago when I had a bit of an anger issue I´m sure my controller wouldn´t have survived.The learning curve in this game is for me harder than it was when I first started playing the Souls games.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
@JamesGarret. I bet you feel fantastic now, did you get that adrenaline rush as the boss was nearing her end? Beating a boss in this game after so much time spent dying and trying to get better is perhaps, at least for me, the most rewarding things in a video game ever. When I beat Genichiro I was jumping around place shouting YES. Lol.

@Rapterchris I meant the first death blow before phase two, had so much adrenaline pumping through me that I breezed through on my attempt after the "thing" that happens got me killed.

I'm now on a boss that is even harder than Genichiro and just as fun, albeit a bit slower paced which makes it a whole lot harder do well.

I'm stuck on some headless boss. The slowed arena makes for a hell of a hard time when it comes to deflecting, the items needed to fight the bastard are in low supply, and he has that insta-kill terror affliction (which builds faster than I can recover it) and the 'teleport-behind-and-literally-rip-your-spine-out move. 

Love this game, and I'm sure once I beat him I'll be fine, but for now, I'm salty as hell. 

By the way is the length more or less the same as Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 (without the DLCs of course)?

Okay, *now* I beat the Guardian Ape boss. Took 30 minutes the second time around, but I played very carefully. I think it was probably only around 5 total attempts, but once that second ape comes out it took me several minutes to slowly whittle him down.

John2290 said:
Sadly I have to give up on the game, my current boss is just far to difficult for me, I can't even get him to his second DB after hours of attempts. Great game and such a damn pity I can't finish it.

Holy crap for reals? Did you look up strats?

Also, have you played any other Soulsborne games? If so, which ones, and which of them did you finish? Don't give up!!

About much farther do I have to go before I get there, having just finished the second ape fight.

Around the Network

And then if that wasn't enough one of those graverobbing enemies blocked off my idol. Hopefully that's the last one of those, as after that I'm low on confetti again.

Going by this thread, I guess we really do need an easy mode in Souls games!

I spoke too soon. Holy crap my very last confetti to beat another Headless. Given the reward that I received I can only assume that there will be more... Ugh... I need to find a confetti vendor.

John2290 said:
@RaptorChris, I've played all the souls borne games, beat Bloodnore up to NG+7, Beat Car is souls 3 up to NG+6 or 7, got up to the last gravelord on Dark souls remastered but fell off it for another game.
I've hav'nt given up on a game since I was a kid and have spent literal weeks and dozens of hours trying to finish boss single boss raids on FF14 with randoms. However the case with Serkerio and my current boss is I have put in 6 hours at least, I know all his moves and have looked up strats and to check if I can reverse my decision to get another boss instead of the one I got regardless I still can only get his health down to 20 percent or so on his first death blow. The odds are stack way too much in the bosses favour as one hit leaves me with 10 percent health. I don't want to give up but it's like slamming my head against a brick wall, I have to realise I am not going to come out of it winning at some point.
Perhaps I'll give it a half hour or so tomorrow but if nothing changes I've got to move on to another game, I'm simply not good enough to beat this boss.
You could go do the boss now If you have unlocked the second Ape boss but it depends on a choice you make whether you'll get my boss or another boss and an ending right there. My boss unlocks the last area of the game, I believe and the other choice gives you two bosses and a credits scene.

Oh wow, so there is no way to fight all bosses in a single play through then? I imagine you chose the harder of the options. I don't want the same thing to happen to me but I also don't want to use a guide just yet either. So far whenever I'm given a choice I try to do the morally good thing. I killed the Undying NPC at his request, and gave Kotaro the pinwheel he wanted. But I still don't have the water mechanic yet as far as I know. Currently I'm in the Hidden Forest. Long way for me to go still?

As I said before, I'm going to try and sparingly play through this from this point on, so I think I'm going to stop for today, even though it's Friday. I bought the new Yoshi game to play with my wife and daughter later tonight after she gets home from work in a couple hours. I started playing World of Warcraft recently and currently have a level 96 character, which is the highest level I've ever been (last time I played was Pandaria). I also play FF14 from time to time. I'm on the Famfrit server, but I don't know the datacenter off the top of my head. I play a female Mithra named "Loddey Kins" if you want to look up my character on the lodestone. I started FF14 1.0 the day it was released, as well as 2.0 and 3.0, but still have yet to finish Heavensward or even get to Stormblood (I think I bought the expansion for the new classes but haven't made it through MSQ yet).

Edit: And holy crap, you played both DS3 and Bloodborne to NG+7? That's dedication. I did NG+1 in Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. I've beaten NG maybe three times in Dark Souls, three in Dark Souls 2, two in Bloodborne, and only once have I played through DS3 all the way. Oh, and twice for Demon's Souls.

Last edited by RaptorChrist - on 29 March 2019

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Going by this thread, I guess we really do need an easy mode in Souls games!

:P

I've never been a big fan of difficulty options in games. The exception for me are survival horror games, or games that people might play just to experience the story. But for skill-based games, at least for the first time through the game, I generally prefer one difficulty level, and I tend to like it more when it's challenging.