By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Report- Star Wars film by GoT producers begins filming later this year, set in the Old Republic era

shikamaru317 said:
RetroGamer94 said:
Slightly off topic, how many Star Wars movies are being made currently?

I feel like it’s a lot or maybe some have gotten canceled?

7 officially. Episode 9, the Rian Johnson trilogy (shudders), and this trilogy by the Game of Thrones producers/writers. The other planned Anthology movies were all put on hold after Solo flopped. 

They also have 1 current tv series (Star Wars Resistance) with 3 more officially in development for their Disney+ streaming service (a revival of The Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, and a Rogue One prequel about Cassian Andor from Rogue One). However, there are rumors that they have plans for alot more Disney+ Star Wars series, including a revival of the on-hold Obi-Wan anthology movie as a tv show, and tv shows focused on KOTOR, Darth Bane, young Leia, Lando, Finn, Rose, Poe, Qi'ra (a continuation of her storyline from Solo), Phasma, and Yoda. Samuel L Jackson has also said that he'd be open to starring in a Mace Windu prequel series, using the same digital de-aging tech that Disney used to de-age him for Captain Marvel, though we don't know if Disney greenlit the idea or not. 

that’s crazy... way to much on the go, it some how makes me feel anxious lol. Like I barely have time to actually sit down and watch anything these days, how the hell will I have time to see 7 movies and like 30 tv series lmao. 

Around the Network
RetroGamer94 said:
shikamaru317 said:

7 officially. Episode 9, the Rian Johnson trilogy (shudders), and this trilogy by the Game of Thrones producers/writers. The other planned Anthology movies were all put on hold after Solo flopped. 

They also have 1 current tv series (Star Wars Resistance) with 3 more officially in development for their Disney+ streaming service (a revival of The Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, and a Rogue One prequel about Cassian Andor from Rogue One). However, there are rumors that they have plans for alot more Disney+ Star Wars series, including a revival of the on-hold Obi-Wan anthology movie as a tv show, and tv shows focused on KOTOR, Darth Bane, young Leia, Lando, Finn, Rose, Poe, Qi'ra (a continuation of her storyline from Solo), Phasma, and Yoda. Samuel L Jackson has also said that he'd be open to starring in a Mace Windu prequel series, using the same digital de-aging tech that Disney used to de-age him for Captain Marvel, though we don't know if Disney greenlit the idea or not. 

that’s crazy... way to much on the go, it some how makes me feel anxious lol. Like I barely have time to actually sit down and watch anything these days, how the hell will I have time to see 7 movies and like 30 tv series lmao. 

Just be glad they're not milking it nearly as hard as they milk Marvel then. Seems like we're only going to get 1 Star Wars movie a year, plus the tv shows. With the MCU on the other hand, they're currently releasing 3 Marvel movies a year, and they have 3 current Marvel shows, with many more planned for Disney+, including a Loki show, The Vision and Scarlett Witch, a Falcon+Winter Soldier show, and many more rumored including Lady Sif, Nick Fury, and Rocket Racoon+Groot shows, as well as revivals of the cancelled Marvel Netflix shows once they are allowed to revive them (there was a clause in the contract that prevents them from reviving them within 2 years of their cancellation by Netflix). They also now own Deadpool, X-Men, and the Fantastic Four since the Fox deal, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one more Marvel movie a year, plus a bunch more X-Men based tv shows for Disney+

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 March 2019

I don't follow movie news too closely. Mostly hear about it by accident. Often on VGC. Cannot fucking believe that awful hack Rian Johnson is getting a trilogy. Ha!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

I don't follow movie news too closely. Mostly hear about it by accident. Often on VGC. Cannot fucking believe that awful hack Rian Johnson is getting a trilogy. Ha!

Yeah, it is truly sad. I would rather see JJ get a trilogy, at least he is halfway competent, even if episode 7 was just a lazy rehash of episode 4, it was still satisfying to watch. Episode 8 was a punch in the gut by comparison. 

I would much rather see Ron Howard and Gareth Edwards get to make more Star Wars movies, Solo and Rogue One were both really good imo.