By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Report- Star Wars film by GoT producers begins filming later this year, set in the Old Republic era

I'm a big fan of GoT and Star Wars. Heavily disliked episode VIII and skipped Solo. My favorite Star Wars story is the Darth Bane trilogy. If this is anywhere near the same tone or gets us to a point where we can get a Darth Bane adaptation, I'm hyped for it.

If you have the slightest interest in Star Wars and haven't read Darth Bane, give it a shot! There are 3 books and they're all amazing.



Around the Network
Faelco said:
haxxiy said:
To be fair, GoT's greatest strengths and moments come straight from Martin's books. When D&D took over, like in season 7, it became more of your generic turn-your-brain-off fantasy epic. 

This. The GoT producers are actually pretty bad, and got famous only thanks to the great source material. Everything they did themselves (more and more stuff after season 4) has been sub-par and sometimes even embarrassing (so much plot holes in the last seasons...).

Give them something great already written and ask them to follow it exactly, and they will do something good. If you tell them to create something, you can expect something pretty bad. 

Maybe they should make of film version of KoToR then.



It doesn't matter who's making it or the quality of it. Star wars fans will pull the usual crap of shitting all over it and acting like it's the worst thing ever to happen to the franchise.



Spike0503 said:
I'm a big fan of GoT and Star Wars. Heavily disliked episode VIII and skipped Solo. My favorite Star Wars story is the Darth Bane trilogy. If this is anywhere near the same tone or gets us to a point where we can get a Darth Bane adaptation, I'm hyped for it.

If you have the slightest interest in Star Wars and haven't read Darth Bane, give it a shot! There are 3 books and they're all amazing.

By the way, in case you didn't hear, there are rumors that Disney is working on a Darth Bane tv series for their Disney+ streaming service. I hope Drew Karpyshyn is involved with the writing for it. 



pikashoe said:
It doesn't matter who's making it or the quality of it. Star wars fans will pull the usual crap of shitting all over it and acting like it's the worst thing ever to happen to the franchise.

Because Star Wars is arguably one of the biggest franchises of all time, there are multitudes of fandoms.  These disparate groups all fall under the heading "Star Wars Fans" but for most of these fans their love of Star Wars might be the only thing they have in common.  So while your statement is true, it's also to be expected.  The question is, which faction of the fandom will be up in arms.  



Around the Network

Slightly off topic, how many Star Wars movies are being made currently?

I feel like it’s a lot or maybe some have gotten canceled?



RetroGamer94 said:
Slightly off topic, how many Star Wars movies are being made currently?

I feel like it’s a lot or maybe some have gotten canceled?

I do believe in addition to IX, the Rian Johnson trilogy, and this one (rumor) there is also a Netflix series being worked on.  I believe there was a Boba Fett movie as well, but that was cancelled.



RetroGamer94 said:
Slightly off topic, how many Star Wars movies are being made currently?

I feel like it’s a lot or maybe some have gotten canceled?

7 officially. Episode 9, the Rian Johnson trilogy (shudders), and this trilogy by the Game of Thrones producers/writers. The other planned Anthology movies were all put on hold after Solo flopped. 

They also have 1 current tv series (Star Wars Resistance) with 3 more officially in development for their Disney+ streaming service (a revival of The Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, and a Rogue One prequel about Cassian Andor). However, there are rumors that they have plans for alot more Disney+ Star Wars series, including a revival of the on-hold Obi-Wan anthology movie as a tv show, and tv shows focused on KOTOR, Darth Bane, young Leia, Lando, Finn, Rose, Poe, Qi'ra (a continuation of her storyline from Solo), Phasma, and Yoda. Samuel L Jackson has also said that he'd be open to starring in a Mace Windu prequel series, using the same digital de-aging tech that Disney used to de-age him for Captain Marvel, though we don't know if Disney greenlit the idea or not. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 March 2019

shikamaru317 said:

By the way, in case you didn't hear, there are rumors that Disney is working on a Darth Bane tv series for their Disney+ streaming service. I hope Drew Karpyshyn is involved with the writing for it. 

I hadn't heard about that. A TV show would be interesting although I fear they'd be tempted to put in lots of filler to make more seasons. I think the books are more suited to movie adaptations without cutting that much.

Still, if they make a show I'll give it a shot. The book trilogy is too awesome.



super_etecoon said:
RetroGamer94 said:
Slightly off topic, how many Star Wars movies are being made currently?

I feel like it’s a lot or maybe some have gotten canceled?

I do believe in addition to IX, the Rian Johnson trilogy, and this one (rumor) there is also a Netflix series being worked on.  I believe there was a Boba Fett movie as well, but that was cancelled.

That’s absurd, it’s a fun franchise for sure and I’ve enjoyed the Disney era movies but holy crap, talk about over saturating something. Having to much is what’s going to kill it.