By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit coming to Epic Store!

Xxain said:
KLXVER said:
Heavy Rain on PC. Cuphead on Switch. What the hell is going on here?!

The new age. They are all preparing for it.

It's simple logic: the more platforms a piece of software is available on, the more sales.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Kerotan said:

@cgi you know I don't make things personal around here! 

Hey basil, so to get back to you I think console makers deserve 30% cuts because they have to provide you with the console you play on. Since Sony entered the market I think they only made an overall profit on their playstation venture last year. MS will probably be quite a few years yet if ever. Nintendo as we know are very profitable but the vast majority of that comes from their own games.

So imagine how fucked Sony and MS would be without the 30% cut. And that's only on digital sales. Retail copies they only got like 12% because they weren't the retailer. 

If STEAM were selling everyone the pcs that were used I'd agree with them taking 30%. I'm actually shocked they got away with it for so long. But times are changing and I think this new wave of competition will force their hand sooner or later. 

You do realize 30% is the standard for pretty much all companies right?

i think Sony, MS and Nintendo make more than enough from charging online so they should lower their 30%

Imagine how much more money devs and publishers can get to improve their games. Especially since the big three are giving away games through ps+, xbla, and nso.

Again the big 3 have the cost of producing the hardware which is risky and only get a small cut from retail sales which still makes up over half of AAA game sales. 

These PC stores don't have the risk of hardware R&D so don't deserve 30% imo. To name just a few the ps3, Wii U and 360 were all hardware disasters and badly needed their software revenue to keep them viable. 

BasilZero said:
Kerotan said:

Again the big 3 have the cost of producing the hardware which is risky and only get a small cut from retail sales which still makes up over half of AAA game sales. 

These PC stores don't have the risk of hardware R&D so don't deserve 30% imo. To name just a few the ps3, Wii U and 360 were all hardware disasters and badly needed their software revenue to keep them viable. 

Lets agree to disagree

i think the big 3 needs to shake things up, streaming is gonna get huge in the future so the hardware costs is something that won’t be a issue in the future. 

MS and Sony are already looking into it and both corporations have a ton of money to spend on R&D - things are looking good for the future of gaming :)

Agreed but I'd just say that's the future so as things stand I think they're entitled to their cut. Sony have a really good streaming service in the making and it's up to them how many first party titles it gets to ensure it succeeds.

However I hope we always get the option of a dedicated box because I like to own my games and download them. 

BasilZero said:
Kerotan said:

Agreed but I'd just say that's the future so as things stand I think they're entitled to their cut. Sony have a really good streaming service in the making and it's up to them how many first party titles it gets to ensure it succeeds.

However I hope we always get the option of a dedicated box because I like to own my games and download them. 

Technically you don’t own any of the games, just their licenses

As for me I don’t mind not having a box to play games on, it’s just one less thing to buy and worry about - I am pretty much 100% digital lol

its like Google says, the future of gaming isn’t a box :)

Yeah it's good for people like yourself. More options are always good physical, digital and streaming. Sony are going to excel in all 3 so they are covering us all. 

I know I only own the license but I prefer that over only having access when I subscribe to a streaming service. 

Detroit was excellent

Around the Network

These are the PC specs for Detroit Become Human, Beyond Two Souls, and Heavy Rain. Kinda strange that they're all the same.

Minimum Requirements Recommended
OSWindows 7-64 bits OSWindows 10-64 bits
Processori5-2400 @ 3.4GHz or equivalent ProcessorI7-2700K or equivalent
Memory4GB RAM Memory12GB RAM
GraphicsnVidia GTX 660 or equivalent GraphicsnVidia GTX 1080 or equivalent
VRAM2GB VRAM8GB
Graphics APIVulkan Graphics APIVulkan
Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 21 March 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Are these requirements for real?

I mean, it looks fine for Detroit, but Heavy Rain?

deskpro2k3 said:

These are the PC specs for Detroit Become Human, Beyond Two Souls, and Heavy Rain. Kinda strange that they're all the same.

VRAM2GB VRAM8GB

Where did you find those sepcs?. Also a 1080 and i7, let alone 12gb RAM for the reco spec?. That doesn't sound right, even for Detroit.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
deskpro2k3 said:

VRAM2GB VRAM8GB

Where did you find those sepcs?. Also a 1080 and i7, let alone 12gb RAM for the reco spec?. That doesn't sound right, even for Detroit.

It's on the Epic Store page.

I think it's a placeholder... At least, I want it to be.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Chazore said:

It's on the Epic Store page.

I think it's a placeholder... At least, I want it to be.

I would hope it is. Me lass been looking forward to playing Detroit since the PC announcement. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"