By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit coming to Epic Store!

BasilZero said:
Kerotan said:

I know, was just being technical! 

This makes sense from Sony. Take a nice pay check to launch games that have made most of their money and make it more on the Epic Store. Than a year later further cash from STEAM. They should do this with other games like Bloodborne and Ratchet. 

I can see bloodborne coming but not Ratchet

Why not? Show even more people how awesome the series is. Drum up hype for the PS6 only sequel. Same with bloodborne

Around the Network

This tweet sounds a little bit passive-aggressive, doesn't it?

So Cage is burning bridges with Sony? Those are fighting words.

So, in the end everyone is going 3rd party.

Except Nintendo

HoloDust said:

Mother fuckers, they snatched Obsidian's The Outer Worlds as well for 1 year (it'll be on MS Store as well, but 1 year delay for Steam).
Not surprising really, Obsidian is part of MS now, so it suits MS not to release on Steam, but nevertheless...

They also snatched Industries of a Titan, a game I was most looking forward to this year and now I won't be at all.

I'm not supporting any of the devs that take EGS money, not even a year later on Steam, because that just tells them that it's okay to do this to me again. 

We've also lost Control to Epic as well. Epic are basically just snatching up one hit wonders, popular and loved games, leaving Steam with the worst pics, and this is basically as anti-competitive as you can get. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
FloatingWaffles said:
DETROIT AS WELL?

Heavy Rain and Beyond I can see because they're older games, but damn that one is still less than a year old. Seems like Sony might be putting more games on PC just like Microsoft is starting to.

It'd be nice if they sold them on multiple storefronts, rather than the anti-competitive, anti-consumer one. 

Agreed, suppose we'll have to wait a year and see if there will be an eventual Steam release. 

OTBWY said:

Beyond and Detroit are Sony-owned IPs, though, so I assume everyone involved is satisfied and walking away with their share of the pie.

BasilZero said:
HoloDust said: 

Not surprising really, Obsidian is part of MS now, so it suits MS not to release on Steam, but nevertheless...

This makes no sense since halo was announced for Steam last week 😂 

I don't know about reasoning for that one - but The Outer Worlds is highly anticipated RPG from original creators of Fallout. Though I might've jumped the gun too soon, it seems that, although Obsidian is part of MS, The Outer Worlds is something that is being published by Take-Two, so that is previous deal.

Still...it makes me mad...

List of upcoming EGS exclusives:

The Outer Worlds from Obsidian Entertainment
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey from Panache Digital
Control from Remedy Entertainment and 505 Games
Journey to the Savage Planet from Typhoon Studios and 505 Games
Phoenix Point from Snapshot Games
Afterparty from Night School Studios
The Cycle from Yager
Dauntless from Phoenix Labs
Industries of Titan from Brace Yourself Games
Kine from Chump Squad
The Sinking City from Frogwares and Bigben
Spellbreak from Proletariat Inc
Solar Ash Kingdom from Heart Machine and Annapurna Interactive

CGI-Quality said:
freebs2 said:
So, in the end everyone is going 3rd party.

Except Nintendo

The developer of the games was always 3rd Party. Now if God of War or Uncharted hit PC (in addition to other platforms), this would make more sense.

I believed Quantic Dream was owned by Sony. I was wrong.

Anyway it's good for PC gamers. I personally wasn't very fond of Heavy Rain. Detroid on the other hand has impressed me, they've made some great advancements in both gameplay and storytelling.

haxxiy said:
OTBWY said:

Beyond and Detroit are Sony-owned IPs, though, so I assume everyone involved is satisfied and walking away with their share of the pie.

Yeah at the business table they are definitely both fine. Unless Sony didn't need David Cage to approve this deal so they did it anyway. I think Sony distanced themselves from Cage after the controversy last year. So maybe he's salty they won't work with him going forward.