By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have found what version of the BIBLe Halo is based off of.

The New international version says the word alien in it.  Check it out.

Exodus 20

8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Love is whats most important.

Around the Network

Etech7 you were banned for a reason, just keep it in mind.

Also how is this anything to do with Halo? Isn't this just a passage from the book of genesis or Exodus? (I get confused)

And by "Alien in your gates" I think it means immigrant from another place.

highwaystar101 said:

Also how is this anything to do with Halo? Isn't this just a passage from the book of genesis or Exodus? (I get confused)

what was he banned for anyways?

The Bible being linked to Halo, lol. Good one ETech7. I guess you believe Halo games could be real life one day too.

dsoverpsp said:
highwaystar101 said:

what was he banned for anyways?

Preaching the bible. No offense but their is a time and a place for that and on a VGforum is neither the time nor the place.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

No, no, no. It's definitely a reference to Halo. And the "Sabbath day" is any day that you rock out to Iron Man.

Sure, like all good bands, Black Sabbath are affiliated with Satan, but God doesn't mind because they're just that good.

BTW, Etech, you might want to rethink your whole world-view as the other day I was working on a flat tax proposal and I accidentally proved there's no God.

Thats not true and you know it it hurts people ears when you play any loud music. Think about poor people with big ears rock hurts.  The NIV is an edited version not the truest bible.

Love is whats most important.

@ played_out: LMFO buddy, you nailed two of my favorite things (the Simpsons and Black Sabbath) in one post *sends friend request*

Etech7 said:
Thats not true and you know it it hurts people ears when you play any loud music. Think about poor people with big ears rock hurts.  The NIV is an edited version not the truest bible.

Ok, a few quick things.

1. Halo isn't base off of the Bible at all. You didn't even give a compelling argument it was in your first statement. Many, many games do use Biblical themes, or names, but I don't think there were any standout-ideas or themes from the Halo series that were similar.

2. I really don't see, out of trying to subtly telling the people in the forum about the Ten Commandments, this passage has anything to do with video games.

3. What does the NIV being an edited version of the Bible have to do with anything? Do you realize the version you used was the NIV? If your so against it, why did you use it?

4. Why are you arguing against loud music, again?

Your really not coherent, or making a bit of sense with *most* of your posts. Please enlighten me as to how this thread, or some of the others you've made, contribute to this website.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

highwaystar101 said:
@ played_out: LMFO buddy, you nailed two of my favorite things (the Simpsons and Black Sabbath) in one post *sends friend request*
 Hail Black Sabbath. They are truly great. :)