By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

This is infuriating. BIDEN NEEDS TO BE BETTER!!

Edit: Here's the full interview for those interested, it's a good one. Charlamagne did a great job, I recommend watching in full.

Last edited by tsogud - on 22 May 2020

Around the Network

Biden should know black vote isn't free because they only showed up during primaries in 2016 and not main election.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/tara-reade-loses-attorney-joe-biden-allegation.html

Well so much for that "scandal". Guess Fox news has to move on to just Hunter Biden.  Sure Biden makes women uncomfortable with his touching but I highly doubt he assaulted this woman who apparently is pathological liar.  I view it as same context as Bush Jr giving Merkel a back massage.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 23 May 2020

sethnintendo said:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/tara-reade-loses-attorney-joe-biden-allegation.html

Well so much for that "scandal". Guess Fox news has to move on to just Hunter Biden.  Sure Biden makes women uncomfortable with his touching but I highly doubt he assaulted this woman who apparently is pathological liar.  I view it as same context as Bush Jr giving Merkel a back massage.

It's more complicated

Biden has a history of inconsistencies and lying about his educational achievements, is he a pathological liar? Should he be believed in all future engagements? Is he fit to be President?

Interesting philosophical question 

Rab said:
sethnintendo said:

It's more complicated

Biden has a history of inconsistencies and lying about his educational achievements, is he a pathological liar? Should he be believed in all future engagements? Is he fit to be President?

It's really not complicated at this point. 

This isn't a philosophical question. She accused Joe Biden of raping her. 

She has a right and to tell her story and have it listened to and taken seriously, but at this stage when she's been found to have lied under oath among other manipulations and inconsistencies, there's absolutely no route forward where a lawyer, a judge, or a jury will take her seriously. Joe Biden's inconsistencies have their own implications, but he's not the one accusing someone of rape.

Also, I'm not sure what posting a mainstream media pundit's conjecturing is supposed to mean to anyone. It's not proof, it's not news, it's just more circus fodder.

Around the Network
Raven said:
Rab said:

It's more complicated

She has a right and to tell her story and have it listened to and taken seriously, but at this stage when she's been found to have lied under oath among other manipulations and inconsistencies, there's absolutely no route forward where a lawyer, a judge, or a jury will take her seriously. Joe Biden's inconsistencies have their own implications, but he's not the one accusing someone of rape.

Also, I'm not sure what posting a mainstream media pundit's conjecturing is supposed to mean to anyone. It's not proof, it's not news, it's just more circus fodder.

It's only relevant if you think it's relevant, cognitive dissonance plays its role in this, anyway this is not for the lawyers its for us who post on a gaming forum 

Biden's documented lies and inconsistencies has an effect on any normal human's view and has an impact on their believability of Biden for many of us, we all take that into account in any "he said she said" accusation, we wouldn't be human if we didn't 

It was the mainstream media like CNN that did the investigation on T. Reade but neglect to do the same for Biden, The Hill balanced that nicely, they did supply proof even video evidence of his lying about his education which CNN/MSNBC haven't done yet, it's good to get it all out on the table, at least we know who we are dealing with as a rape defendant and potential President       

Last edited by Rab - on 23 May 2020

Rab said:
Raven said:

It's only relevant if you think it's relevant, this is not for the lawyers its for us who post on a gaming forum 

Biden's documented lies and inconsistencies has an effect on any normal human's view and has an impact on their believability of Biden for many of us, we all take that into account in any "he said she said" accusation, we wouldn't be human if we didn't 

It was the mainstream media like CNN that did the investigation on T. Reade but neglect to do the same for Biden, The Hill balanced that nicely, they did supply proof even video evidence of his lying about his education which other CNN/MSNBC haven't done, it's good to get it all out on the table, at least we know who we are dealing with as a rape defendant and potential President       

You're still missing the point. Tara Reade made the accusation against Joe Biden, not the other way around. She or her team as a collective have to back it up. I even agree that Joe Biden's inconsistencies raise their own questions, but in this instance they have nothing to do with him being accused of rape by Tara Reade.

Raven said:
Rab said:

It's only relevant if you think it's relevant, this is not for the lawyers its for us who post on a gaming forum 

It was the mainstream media like CNN that did the investigation on T. Reade but neglect to do the same for Biden, The Hill balanced that nicely, they did supply proof even video evidence of his lying about his education which other CNN/MSNBC haven't done, it's good to get it all out on the table, at least we know who we are dealing with as a rape defendant and potential President       

You're still missing the point. Tara Reade made the accusation against Joe Biden, not the other way around. She or her team as a collective have to back it up. I even agree that Joe Biden's inconsistencies raise their own questions, but in this instance they have nothing to do with him being accused of rape by Tara Reade.

He now has a proven history of lying, if he then denies an accusation and proceeds to prevent all the University records of that time be shown then it raises further doubt in most people's eyes 

An example is Trump's track record on telling the truth has ensured almost nothing the president says is completely believed or at the very least is in some doubt, this revelation of Biden's lack of honesty has put his statements of events around the assault in some further doubt in many of us or will, the lawyers may disagree of course    

Rab said:
Raven said:

He now has a proven history of lying, if he then denies an accusation and proceeds to prevent all the University records of that time be shown then it raises further doubt in most people eyes 

An example is Trump's track record on telling the truth has ensured almost nothing the president says is completely believed or at the very least is in some doubt, this revelation of Biden's lack of honesty has put his statements of events around the assault in some further doubt in many of us or will, the lawyers may disagree of course    

The report that the Hill covered in regards to Biden's education was covered by a news station decades ago, it's not a revelatory development.

There's also merit to someone not wanting to dredge up archives that would just provide material for your opposition to nitpick and manipulate during an election year. He has stated that if there were such a complaint, it would be contained within the National Archives and has given permission to access those files. The Republican-led Senate blocked it. Gee, I wonder why they might want to keep this circus going... Meanwhile his accuser has been found to have not only lied about her educational background (she didn't even graduate, at least Biden did even if he wasn't the top of his class), but used that lie to provide testimony under oath as an expert on issues she didn't actually have qualifications for.

Raven said:
Rab said:

He now has a proven history of lying, if he then denies an accusation and proceeds to prevent all the University records of that time be shown then it raises further doubt in most people eyes 

The report that the Hill covered in regards to Biden's education was covered by a news station decades ago, it's not a revelatory development.

There's also merit to someone not wanting to dredge up archives that would just provide material for your opposition to nitpick and manipulate during an election year. He has stated that if there were such a complaint, it would be contained within the National Archives and has given permission to access those files. The Republican-led Senate blocked it. Gee, I wonder why they might want to keep this circus going... Meanwhile his accuser has been found to have not only lied about her educational background (she didn't even graduate, at least Biden did even if he wasn't the top of his class), but used that lie to provide testimony under oath as an expert on issues she didn't actually have qualifications for.

Whats good for her is good for him

Biden used the falsifying in public of his education to promote his career by creating a false narrative about himself, it shines a light on the man himself, it's all relevant

If it wasn't for T. Reade making the accusations we would not know about Biden's history in so much detail or the fact he is willing to hide University records from the public view, Im sure other things will now emerge, but not from CNN or MSNBC, they have put their support squarely in Biden's camp regardless of who he really is