By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Active shooter situation reported in Christchurch, New Zealand

HollyGamer said:
Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi Rajiun, ( Verily, we belong to Allah, and it is to Him that we are destined to return )

Allah is the greatest X3

, All life and dead has been decided by Allah before the universe is created and Allah choose the best day for them to return to the Almighty , Friday is the best day for Muslim. I hope they die as a people of Jannah (heaven/paradise)

People who go to Mosque for praying especially for Friday praying to full fill their God calling got a reward are equal to Jihad (dying as martyr to defend their life and religion ) and if they are die in the process they die as martyr

I am praying that all the muslim , my brother my sister my nephew and all my muslim brothers in New Zealand to rest in peace, to enter Jannah without any judgment , may Allah bless them, reward them with the greatest reward and greatest Paradise.

وَلَا تَقُوۡلُوۡا لِمَنۡ يُّقۡتَلُ فِىۡ سَبِيۡلِ اللّٰهِ اَمۡوَاتٌ ؕ بَلۡ اَحۡيَآءٌ وَّلٰـكِنۡ لَّا تَشۡعُرُوۡنَ‏ 
(2:154) And do not say of those who are killed in the way of Allah that they are dead; they are alive even though you have no knowledge of their life.155

وَلَـنَبۡلُوَنَّكُمۡ بِشَىۡءٍ مِّنَ الۡخَـوۡفِ وَالۡجُـوۡعِ وَنَقۡصٍ مِّنَ الۡاَمۡوَالِ وَالۡاَنۡفُسِ وَالثَّمَرٰتِؕ وَبَشِّرِ الصّٰبِرِيۡنَۙ‏ 
(2:155) We shall certainly test you by afflicting you with fear, hunger, loss of properties and lives and fruits. Give glad tidings, then, to those who remain patient;

الَّذِيۡنَ اِذَآ اَصَابَتۡهُمۡ مُّصِيۡبَةٌ  ۙ قَالُوۡٓا اِنَّا لِلّٰهِ وَاِنَّـآ اِلَيۡهِ رٰجِعُوۡنَؕ‏ 
(2:156) those who when any affliction smites them, they say: “Verily, we belong to Allah, and it is to Him that we are destined to return.”156

اُولٰٓـئِكَ عَلَيۡهِمۡ صَلَوٰتٌ مِّنۡ رَّبِّهِمۡ وَرَحۡمَةٌ​ وَاُولٰٓـئِكَ هُمُ الۡمُهۡتَدُوۡنَ‏ 
(2:157) Upon them will be the blessings and mercy of their Lord, and it is they who are rightly guided.

Amen brother

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:
This is depressing, especially in somewhere that has been through so much trauma already as Christchurch. My thoughts are with New Zealand, hopefully this kills any talk of weakening Australia's gun laws and gets the ball rolling on theirs being tightened.

Looks like they are banning semi-automatic weapons:

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/politics/attorney-general-david-parker-vows-government-will-ban-semi-automatic-rifles/

nuckles87 said:
RingoGaSuki said:
This is depressing, especially in somewhere that has been through so much trauma already as Christchurch. My thoughts are with New Zealand, hopefully this kills any talk of weakening Australia's gun laws and gets the ball rolling on theirs being tightened.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/politics/attorney-general-david-parker-vows-government-will-ban-semi-automatic-rifles/

It sucks that some asshole ruins it for all the law abiding citizens. 

nuckles87 said:
RingoGaSuki said:

I feel this is NZ's Port Arthur moment, hopefully the safeguards are put in place to ensure this never happens again. I have faith in Ardern to put something solid in place.

jason1637 said:
nuckles87 said:

It sucks that some asshole ruins it for all the law abiding citizens. 

Nobody needs access to those weapons. NZ police have been pursuing action on this for years, it sucks that this had to happen to spark progress on this issue.

International society needs to take this opportunity to think about tightening controls on fascists and removing their platforms altogether. Fascism is a thought virus. They aren't interested in genuine debate, they don't respect democracy, they don't believe in compromise. Instead they have an absolute goal, and they will use any tools at their disposal to achieve that goal.

They pretend to want to take place in the marketplace of ideas, but they never argue in good faith. They're not trying to convince the logical mind. Each appearance, each interaction, is an opportunity to spread the virus. To find another person who can be seduced by their rhetoric, can become another vector of infection.

It's a self replicating weakness in the human brain. It happens again and again throughout history. Fascism pops up, spreads throughout a society, reaches critical mass, then horrors happen.

Debating them doesn't work, letting them go about their business doesn't work. It's not about free speech and it's not about tolerance. It's about recognising that fascism is a flaw in the brain, a critical weakness in human psychology, that must be guarded against like any other infectious disease. Every converted person is one step closer to critical mass.

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Btw does anyone know what caused the terroist to shot the mosque?

His manifesto suggests it was borne from growing hatred for Muslims and the rhetoric from Donald Trump, Candace Owens and others.  He felt that not enough direct action was being taken to destroy Islam so he took it upon himself to do it in his local community.

"His manifesto suggests it was borne from growing hatred for Muslims and the rhetoric from Donald Trump, Candace Owens and others.  He felt that not enough direct action was being taken to destroy Islam"

candace owens has advocated for destroying islam? you have any quotes for that?

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Johnw1104 said:

Are you sure that's real? It just reads so much like the kind of fakes that pop up after things like this.

Wouldn't put it past people though.

Senator Fraser Anning is a terrible individual. It's entirely something he would say.
But a quick google seems to show it is legitimate.

Actually been waiting to see what Pauline Hansons Response is... But I guess she is laying low.

Kerotan said:

What's their gun control like? 

Successful, just like Australia's.

"Successful, just like Australia's."

so how could this happen?

o_O.Q said:
Pemalite said:

Senator Fraser Anning is a terrible individual. It's entirely something he would say.

Actually been waiting to see what Pauline Hansons Response is... But I guess she is laying low.

Their gun laws are far more lax than Australia's. They're on par with the US/Canada (with slightly more rigorous background checks and licencing enforcement)

I just can't understand how someone can do this. This just makes me feel sick to my stomach.

o_O.Q said:
Pemalite said:

Gun control doesn't mean it will never happen.
It does however decrease the likelihood... The fact there hasn't been an incident in years means it has been successful, they will likely ramp up their gun control legislation in the face of this... And I honestly hope so, Gun Control works and saves lives.

Even if Australia was to have a massacre that kills 100 people, the gun control legislation has still been highly effective.

And contrary to what some people may say... Gun Control doesn't mean you can't own guns, you still can, you just need a reason. (I.E. Sport, Farming etc'.) and need a ton of checks and balances to make sure that the lethal weapons are out of harms way. (Alarms, Secured Gun lockers etc'.)

Senator Fraser Anning who sent out that disgusting un-Australian letter... Got egged and then he punched a minor.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-16/fraser-anning-egged-in-melbourne-while-speaking-to-media/10908650

Last edited by Pemalite - on 16 March 2019

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

And how people are using this sad tragedy for division and blaming is truly disgusting,my heart goes out to everyone that has been a victim in this.