By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update) Rumor: PlayStation 5 will be using Navi 9 (more powerful than Navi 10), new update Jason Schreier said Sony aim more then 10,7 Teraflop

How accurate this rumored is compared to the reality

Naah 26 35.62%

Its 90% close 14 19.18%

it's 80% close 8 10.96%

it's 70% close 5 6.85%

it's 50% close 13 17.81%

it's 30% close 7 9.59%

Total:73
fatslob-:O said:
Now things can change but holy fuck that thing is probably at least $500 I can imagine ...

Still hoping that it'll support hardware accelerated ray tracing as well for a truly next gen leap ...

Yeah the early rumor said it will targeted around 500 USD and below 500 USD (499 ) . Ray tracing probably not on hardware level , but on software is possible and don't expect to be like RTX , but Metro Exodus developer said is posible https://gamingbolt.com/metro-exodus-developer-says-that-ray-tracing-on-next-gen-consoles-should-be-possible-via-fast-compute-cores. Also Polyphony digital are developing a ray tracing technique for the future games  https://youtu.be/mTed8QDTtDw.  

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 12 March 2019

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
HollyGamer said:

Oh you remembered all those times and VGcharct was still have Pezus and EThomaz   

some of those were next level

It was a great times,  many funny gif, fierce debate you also one of veteran with CGi and Truck . It was a great times that make me join this forum. I always laugh when i see u guys debating and trolling LOL. 

HollyGamer said:
Ganoncrotch said:

some of those were next level

It was a great times,  many funny gif, fierce debate you also one of veteran with CGi and Truck . It was a great times that make me join this forum. I always laugh when i see u guys debating and trolling LOL. 

When the console war was so closely fought during the ps3/360 I think it was one of the most popular times on this site, tons of new users coming here to see who was winning the fight each week, was awesome, now each week people just check in to see if Nintendo or Sony are taking top or bottom while double teaming MS.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

HollyGamer said:

Yeah the early rumor said it will targeted around 500 USD and below 500 USD (499 ) . Ray tracing probably not on hardware level , but on software is possible and don't expect to be like RTX , but Metro Exodus developer said is posible https://gamingbolt.com/metro-exodus-developer-says-that-ray-tracing-on-next-gen-consoles-should-be-possible-via-fast-compute-cores. Also Polyphony digital are developing a ray tracing technique for the future games  https://youtu.be/mTed8QDTtDw.  

*snip*

At a performant level it has to be hardware accelerated so hopefully Sony is using TMSC's 7nm+ logic node ... 

I would prefer for it though if Sony just delayed the launch for another year so the hardware would be better baked thus we'll get better games in the end as well as a longer lasting hardware ... 

fatslob-:O said:
HollyGamer said:

*snip*

At a performant level it has to be hardware accelerated so hopefully Sony is using TMSC's 7nm+ logic node ... 

I would prefer for it though if Sony just delayed the launch for another year so the hardware would be better baked thus we'll get better games in the end as well as a longer lasting hardware ... 

yes agree with u, they need to have a dedicated logic node for ray tracing to have a performance level, but even without it i am satisfied with this rumor 

Another year will be good for chip wafer maturity, but they also against the clock to have early release. So if they decide to wait and launch another year i dont have problem , or even if they decide to release it sooner than latter , i also cannot complain much, both decision are good. 

Around the Network

This is the first rumor I've looked at for PS5. Think I'll hold off and wait for Sony to just announce it rather than looking at endless speculation

HollyGamer said:
Random_Matt said:
Ok, just dived deeper and it is copy pasted from the same rumour, AMD Gonzalo. If true, it's 95W TDP is not going to give you that GPU grunt.

PS4 pro is 330W TDP , Xbox One X is 260W TDP. Original PS4 is 200W TDP . 

Also don't forget it will be using 7nm node size and double the amount of CU and shaders on PS4 pro at least and will have 1.35 performance boost with the same TDP 

Even in 28nm the components shouldn't consume nearly as much power at the clockrates they have I would be very surprised if it goes beyond even just 200W. It's basically a mobile CPU with an underclocked RX 480, which consumes only 150W without that underclocking, and some memory. Where do you got those TDPs?

And I agree with Matt, getting this into something close to 200W would either mean a gargantuan leap for AMD in the GPU department or just a bigger box which allows for more TDP. Right now the GPU alone would consume well over 300W to come near that power. While I think Navi will be less consuming, slashing consumption by over half is just not credible.

Besides, I don't believe the 500$ pricetag for that console, a GPU alone with that power would cost that already. Unless they want to go the PS3 route and subventionize over half the price early on.

The only things credible are the CPU (and even then, not sure about the 16 threads, as games are very hard to parallelize onto multiple threads, more than 8 thus doesn't make much sense in a console as the other threads are useless, so 8/8 would suffice and be safer in light of Spectre), the RAM (with a 384 bit connection) and the HDD (2TB should be minimum by then)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
HollyGamer said:

PS4 pro is 330W TDP , Xbox One X is 260W TDP. Original PS4 is 200W TDP . 

Also don't forget it will be using 7nm node size and double the amount of CU and shaders on PS4 pro at least and will have 1.35 performance boost with the same TDP 

Even in 28nm the components shouldn't consume nearly as much power at the clockrates they have I would be very surprised if it goes beyond even just 200W. It's basically a mobile CPU with an underclocked RX 480, which consumes only 150W without that underclocking, and some memory. Where do you got those TDPs?

And I agree with Matt, getting this into something close to 200W would either mean a gargantuan leap for AMD in the GPU department or just a bigger box which allows for more TDP. Right now the GPU alone would consume well over 300W to come near that power. While I think Navi will be less consuming, slashing consumption by over half is just not credible.

Besides, I don't believe the 500$ pricetag for that console, a GPU alone with that power would cost that already. Unless they want to go the PS3 route and subventionize over half the price early on.

The only things credible are the CPU (and even then, not sure about the 16 threads, as games are very hard to parallelize onto multiple threads, more than 8 thus doesn't make much sense in a console as the other threads are useless, so 8/8 would suffice and be safer in light of Spectre), the RAM (with a 384 bit connection) and the HDD (2TB should be minimum by then)

From Digital Foundry PS4 pro Test, from Digital Foundry Xbox One X test  . Also Radeon VII also able to beat  Vega 64 with the same TDP on half size chip but with higher clock speed. 

Don't forget consoles price is not the same with PC GPU card that selling on the market . We also have news RAM price will go down and GPU price also going down up to 30% next year. 

64CU max, how high can you clock a GPU? It would have to be obscenely high I tell ya.

Random_Matt said:
64CU max, how high can you clock a GPU? It would have to be obscenely high I tell ya.

Just watch Digital foundry , they said it's possible  to pass that limit https://youtu.be/5ixSVQwLaZw