By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PQube: Switch will replace the Vita for Niche Japanese Games; PC Is Too Overcrowded

Looking forward to Gun Gun Pixies! Wish they'd give a release date.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah good post. If the game is developed with the Switch as the base on UE4 then it should be simple to make a ps4/ps5 port. I hope SW/PS4/PS5 is the future 

Yes, that's how it was always supposed to become. 

But with Sony's new censorship, I wouldn't be surprised to see PS4/PS5 being entirely skipped by some niche games. The process is apparently very heavy (presentation to do in English), and long, without even talking about the necessary changes after that (so, even longer). Part of the smaller studios won't be able or willing to handle that. Especially now that the PS4 is dying compared to the Switch in Japan. 

That's on Sony, and I don't blame developers for just not putting up with it. It is also slowly entering the bigger titles as well. 

Noticed this too, my girlfriend plays alot of Otome games, most of which were only coming out on the Vita. Now she's had to start playing them on the switch, she's not entirely happy though as she liked platinuming them aswell.

Acevil said:
Faelco said:

But with Sony's new censorship, I wouldn't be surprised to see PS4/PS5 being entirely skipped by some niche games. The process is apparently very heavy (presentation to do in English), and long, without even talking about the necessary changes after that (so, even longer). Part of the smaller studios won't be able or willing to handle that. Especially now that the PS4 is dying compared to the Switch in Japan. 

That's on Sony, and I don't blame developers for just not putting up with it. It is also slowly entering the bigger titles as well. 

I agree that it's entirely on Sony. It's their worst decision this gen IMO. Biting the hand of faithful developers and customers is very stupid, even if their impact and number doesn't seem big from the US.

Hope it will bite them back, and that they will change that. 

Faelco said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah good post. If the game is developed with the Switch as the base on UE4 then it should be simple to make a ps4/ps5 port. I hope SW/PS4/PS5 is the future 

Still waiting for the JP software ratios to even out though. The PSV sales numbers aren't jumping to Switch in almost all cases and sales are just generally declining.

Switch sales for these games are doing super well in the West though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I am going to be cynical and say that this is all a cynical "all PR is good PR" play by PQube.

I can't imagine that pissing off a dedicated fanbase in the form of the #VitaIsland means good things for them going forward, but then this is the kind of news that Nintendo fansites would run away with...

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3