By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Captain Marvel Review Bombed

It does seem a bit weird. I get that people are mad at Brie Larson for some of the comments she made, but if you have to review bomb and make multiple youtube videos of how the people behind this film don't care about the fans...then it seems like you are trying too hard to justify your hate.

Around the Network

To be fair, it's never a good idea to respond to outrage by making fun of the people who are outraged. It generally creates a sense of community among those people, it just makes the outrage stronger. Really, the fact that this movie looks like a tepid stop-gap film would have already made it rank lower among the MCU. The controversial comments are just icing on the cake ... even though they weren't that bad at all.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:
It does seem a bit weird. I get that people are mad at Brie Larson for some of the comments she made, but if you have to review bomb and make multiple youtube videos of how the people behind this film don't care about the fans...then it seems like you are trying too hard to justify your hate.

Sounds like the Star Wars fans who wouldn't stop bitching about The Last Jedi.

Well that was a beloved franchise and the people behind it pushed their agenda into it.

This is Captain Marvel ffs. A comic that has had several major changes in recent years because no one gives a shit about it.

Sometimes I really hate the internet. People get outraged by trivial things and then the internet allows them to find each other.

At any rate it's good to be aware that it is being review bombed before it's even been released. The user score doesn't reflect the true quality of the movie.

CaptainExplosion said:

Lately you may have noticed that Captain Marvel is being called certified fresh and entertaining, but that hasn't stopped it from being review bombed to lower it's scores on places like Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic.

Why all the Captain Marvel hate out there? Were a bunch of angry pissboys screaming "SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS RUIN TEH MCU, REEEEEEEEE!!!!"? Don't remember that happening to Wonder Woman. If that is what's happening, then it's pathetic. -_-

It has not been review bombed.

1. Only critics can review it right now. So unless paid critics are review bombing it. BTW, I've seen a few critics post on twitter that they are not going to review it cause they didnt' like it and thus don't want to deal with any backlash of not liking it.

2. The only 'bombing' had been in the form of [do you want to see it or not] that rotten tomatoes had. After Larson started bashing white males, many white males went onto rotten tomatoes and clicked the button that they no longer wanted to see the movie. Not at all reviews, but a interest gauge. They lost interest in the movie.

The only people bitching about review bombing are the lying media. I've seen dozens of articles talking about my point 2 and they all say its a good thing that rotten tomatoes removed the option to review the movie before seeing it, except you could never do that anyway. Rotten tomatoes claims in their reasoning behind removing it that it was because of confusion between interest and review, which is funny cause the ONLY people who had that confused was the media. No one thought that that the interest and any posts detailing so interest was a review.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

Sounds like the Star Wars fans who wouldn't stop bitching about The Last Jedi.

So, it's justified then?  Because The Last Jedi sucked.

Based on early comments, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. But Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes have no user score yet.

You could have raised a fair point, but OP is outright telling a lie, and is acting surprisingly alarmist and dramatic. Not to mention the contents of the main post are appalling.

Last edited by Moren - on 06 March 2019

I don't know the details, but the backlash is justified if to me if you insist on insulting a huge chunk of your potential customers, many of whom are probably your core audience and have a decent amount of money. I never got why so many companies these days think it's actually good business sense to insult a large percentage of the people potentially buying your product. Time and time again it's proved to backfire tremendously, and yet some just keep doing it haha.

And I'll never understand why the white male bashing thing became hip, but for god's sake, enough already. It's been done to death. If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

When you make something a political statement there will always be backlash, and people don't want their entertainment to be used for micro-politics

If you're going to insult the main demographic of your franchise, that has helped said franchise to become on of the most successful in all of cinematic history, then you do deserve backlash. With that being said I don't agree with review bombing the movie. Most of the people doing it are probably pathetic INCELS who don't deserve any attention from you or me.

I have no interest in this movie, but it's not because of Brie Larson or anything she has said (I actually do think she is quite a good actress and like most of her work), but rather because there's no point in any MCU film that comes after the Avengers 4 saga.

I think we can agree that Hollywood needs to step the fuck back and remove their works of fiction of any real-world politics.