Forums - Movies Discussion - Captain Marvel Review Bombed

Based on early comments, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. But Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes have no user score yet.

You could have raised a fair point, but OP is outright telling a lie, and is acting surprisingly alarmist and dramatic. Not to mention the contents of the main post are appalling.

Last edited by Moren - on 06 March 2019

Around the Network

I don't know the details, but the backlash is justified if to me if you insist on insulting a huge chunk of your potential customers, many of whom are probably your core audience and have a decent amount of money. I never got why so many companies these days think it's actually good business sense to insult a large percentage of the people potentially buying your product. Time and time again it's proved to backfire tremendously, and yet some just keep doing it haha.

And I'll never understand why the white male bashing thing became hip, but for god's sake, enough already. It's been done to death. If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it.

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

When you make something a political statement there will always be backlash, and people don't want their entertainment to be used for micro-politics

Nothing to see here, move along

If you're going to insult the main demographic of your franchise, that has helped said franchise to become on of the most successful in all of cinematic history, then you do deserve backlash. With that being said I don't agree with review bombing the movie. Most of the people doing it are probably pathetic INCELS who don't deserve any attention from you or me.

I have no interest in this movie, but it's not because of Brie Larson or anything she has said (I actually do think she is quite a good actress and like most of her work), but rather because there's no point in any MCU film that comes after the Avengers 4 saga.

I think we can agree that Hollywood needs to step the fuck back and remove their works of fiction of any real-world politics.

It has over 7,000 ratings on IMDB already with a rating of 5.6. This is absolutely pathetic, getting triggered by what someone said and then review bombing a movie you havent even seen.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
It has over 7,000 ratings on IMDB already with a rating of 5.6. This is absolutely pathetic, getting triggered by what someone said and then review bombing a movie you havent even seen.

How do you know they haven't seen it. Captain Marvel opened a lot of places today

Nothing to see here, move along

irstupid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Lately you may have noticed that Captain Marvel is being called certified fresh and entertaining, but that hasn't stopped it from being review bombed to lower it's scores on places like Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic.

Why all the Captain Marvel hate out there? Were a bunch of angry pissboys screaming "SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS RUIN TEH MCU, REEEEEEEEE!!!!"? Don't remember that happening to Wonder Woman. If that is what's happening, then it's pathetic. -_-

It has not been review bombed.

1. Only critics can review it right now. So unless paid critics are review bombing it. BTW, I've seen a few critics post on twitter that they are not going to review it cause they didnt' like it and thus don't want to deal with any backlash of not liking it.

2. The only 'bombing' had been in the form of [do you want to see it or not] that rotten tomatoes had. After Larson started bashing white males, many white males went onto rotten tomatoes and clicked the button that they no longer wanted to see the movie. Not at all reviews, but a interest gauge. They lost interest in the movie.

The only people bitching about review bombing are the lying media. I've seen dozens of articles talking about my point 2 and they all say its a good thing that rotten tomatoes removed the option to review the movie before seeing it, except you could never do that anyway. Rotten tomatoes claims in their reasoning behind removing it that it was because of confusion between interest and review, which is funny cause the ONLY people who had that confused was the media. No one thought that that the interest and any posts detailing so interest was a review.

So basically a bunch of white trash man babies started trying to sabotage a movie just because the star pointed out they're a bunch of jerks.

Just another day on the internet. -_-

User Banned By ~PwerlvlAmy

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 06 March 2019

Not sure what's going on but I got my tickets purchased and excited to watch this. :)

I've seen a few videos about this on YouTube, particularly a few (or maybe the same video on my feed a few times, I'm not sure) from a channel called TheQuartering. I find him hard to take seriously on the subject because sometimes his argument is in the vein of "I'm not sexist but...".

The reviews I've seen paint it as a bit average, but I'm still planning on seeing it. At the very least I'm anticipating a tie-in for Endgame so it's tiding me over until that.

CaptainExplosion said:
irstupid said:

It has not been review bombed.

1. Only critics can review it right now. So unless paid critics are review bombing it. BTW, I've seen a few critics post on twitter that they are not going to review it cause they didnt' like it and thus don't want to deal with any backlash of not liking it.

2. The only 'bombing' had been in the form of [do you want to see it or not] that rotten tomatoes had. After Larson started bashing white males, many white males went onto rotten tomatoes and clicked the button that they no longer wanted to see the movie. Not at all reviews, but a interest gauge. They lost interest in the movie.

The only people bitching about review bombing are the lying media. I've seen dozens of articles talking about my point 2 and they all say its a good thing that rotten tomatoes removed the option to review the movie before seeing it, except you could never do that anyway. Rotten tomatoes claims in their reasoning behind removing it that it was because of confusion between interest and review, which is funny cause the ONLY people who had that confused was the media. No one thought that that the interest and any posts detailing so interest was a review.

So basically a bunch of white trash man babies started trying to sabotage a movie just because the star pointed out they're a bunch of jerks.

Just another day on the internet. -_-

I've never actually seen anyone dodge a post to that degree.  I don't know if he's right or wrong but you just got owned by default.