By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Captain Marvel Review Bombed

It has over 7,000 ratings on IMDB already with a rating of 5.6. This is absolutely pathetic, getting triggered by what someone said and then review bombing a movie you havent even seen.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
It has over 7,000 ratings on IMDB already with a rating of 5.6. This is absolutely pathetic, getting triggered by what someone said and then review bombing a movie you havent even seen.

How do you know they haven't seen it. Captain Marvel opened a lot of places today

Not sure what's going on but I got my tickets purchased and excited to watch this. :)

I've seen a few videos about this on YouTube, particularly a few (or maybe the same video on my feed a few times, I'm not sure) from a channel called TheQuartering. I find him hard to take seriously on the subject because sometimes his argument is in the vein of "I'm not sexist but...".

The reviews I've seen paint it as a bit average, but I'm still planning on seeing it. At the very least I'm anticipating a tie-in for Endgame so it's tiding me over until that.

CaptainExplosion said:
irstupid said:

It has not been review bombed.

1. Only critics can review it right now. So unless paid critics are review bombing it. BTW, I've seen a few critics post on twitter that they are not going to review it cause they didnt' like it and thus don't want to deal with any backlash of not liking it.

2. The only 'bombing' had been in the form of [do you want to see it or not] that rotten tomatoes had. After Larson started bashing white males, many white males went onto rotten tomatoes and clicked the button that they no longer wanted to see the movie. Not at all reviews, but a interest gauge. They lost interest in the movie.

The only people bitching about review bombing are the lying media. I've seen dozens of articles talking about my point 2 and they all say its a good thing that rotten tomatoes removed the option to review the movie before seeing it, except you could never do that anyway. Rotten tomatoes claims in their reasoning behind removing it that it was because of confusion between interest and review, which is funny cause the ONLY people who had that confused was the media. No one thought that that the interest and any posts detailing so interest was a review.

So basically a bunch of white trash man babies started trying to sabotage a movie just because the star pointed out they're a bunch of jerks.

Just another day on the internet. -_-

I've never actually seen anyone dodge a post to that degree.  I don't know if he's right or wrong but you just got owned by default.  

Around the Network

Due to this thread getting out of hand,a little testy and going a little too political. I think it's best to lock it for the time being. Apologies.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick