By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best villains in gaming

Post your picks for gaming's best villain, and why you think they deserve the spot. Multiple picks are allowed.

Around the Network

Kefka FF6 he's the reason we now have clown phobia.
will come up with more .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Hmmm, thos is actually hard. Most don't make much of a mark when I think about it. For instance Far Cry, which often sells itself on its villians, they are still rather one-note and annoying rather than memorable (admittedly haven't played 3).

First one that springs to mind is the Joker in Arkham City.

Most of my favourite games - AC 2, RDR 2, God of War, Halo etc - the villians are more there as obstacles, they aren't really what I remember the games for. Halo, for instance the Covenant is memorable but I'm more think of an individual rather than factions.

The reapers in Mass Effect

The wild Hunt were amazing too from the Witcher 3

Vaas in Farcry 3

Zues/aries in GoW

Kain...Soul Reaver series. I know he started out as the hero, but his portrayal in Soul Reaver 1 and 2 is beyond amazing. Great voice acting probbaly has something to do with this.

Around the Network

Sephiroth...Kefka was a wussy clown that the party should have easily killed at the start of the game in the Figaro desert. Sephiroth could kick ass. 

NightlyPoe said:
EA?

I would say you win the thread, until I remembered the existence of Crapcom. :P

curl-6 said:
NightlyPoe said:
EA?

But what about the existence of Konami?

SammyGiireal said:
curl-6 said:

But what about the existence of Konami?

Them too. 

Anyway, as far as the thread was actually intended, I'm gonna go with:

- Vaas from Far Cr 3 for his genuinely intimidating and thoroughly entertaining psychotic-jester-on-crack persona

- Ramon Salazar and Osmand Saddler from Resident Evil 4 for being classic and deliciously cheesy B-Movie baddies

- Raul Menendez from Black Ops 2 for managing the difficult task of being evil yet still sympathetic

- Andrew Ryan and Sofia Lamb from Bioshock 1 and 2 for being fully fleshed out people instead of just cutout boogeymen

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 March 2019

Dr Breen Half- life 2  Becoming a willing collaborator and using your bureaucratic position to wage  psychological warfare to undermine your race whilst preaching everything he was doing was for humanity's sake when the truth was he was only concerned for his own welfare, with humanity heading for eventual extinction, is proof that you don't have to be a psychopath or evil warlord to be a villain.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 01 March 2019

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot