By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Persona 5 S To Release This Fall?

Seems P5 is on the way according to the Ohya (reveal P5R before it's announcement)

https://wccftech.com/persona-5-s-nintendo-switch-fall-2019/?fbclid=IwAR214_rCikhSmB7x3fqAJ4Y4w0cQRO1ouJ0K-xHrVx0oX5doTD9NivxfTIo

Joker DLC releases April which has stirred speculation of a Switch version of P5 especially as the character was correctly predicted by various sources before the official reveal, FF had a similar situation with Cloud joining Smash with FF games eventually returning to Nintendo platforms on Switch with scheduled releases of IX, VII, X and XII.

Around the Network

I'd be pretty confident in the Switch getting that game released. Putting a character from the game in Smash is huge advertising for any game.

It is almost a lock, now. I mean it has to and makes perfect sense.

I love that people are so gullible to believe a random nobody on twitter just because the info provided is something they want to hear. Just going back in this person's twitter account reveals they're no Atlus insider or have any special knowledge.

It makes perfect sense from a business point-of-view. Atlus is already producing a new SMT game for the Switch and made two Persona spin-offs for the 3ds. There´s definetely an audience for Persona among Switch owners

Around the Network

Switch-release makes too much sense

P5 getting a Switch version is basically a no brainer.I played it when it came out almost 2 years ago but the game ended up boring me after several hours...I like the art style and the way the battles work but found the 'life simulation' aspect too boring and dungeon design generally monotonous, also a bit too much dialogue even by JRPG standards.

I still don't believe that Persona 5 comes to Switch, Persona was from the first game onward a Sony exclusive, why would they change that now?

MrWayne said:
I still don't believe that Persona 5 comes to Switch, Persona was from the first game onward a Sony exclusive, why would they change that now?

*Looks at Monster Hunter until Tri*

MrWayne said:

When P5 came out Switch was unproven and Atlus probably figured it wasn't worth the resources to port to xbox.  Thus exclusivity, probably timed.  Going Switch now makes sense especially with Joker going to Smash.