By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am fearful of my own hate in 2019.

I don't fall into the hate mindset. I just know that there are very few of these big publisher backed triple A games out there that will appeal to me. Once I came to terms with that and stuck with the AA and smaller games, my enjoyment and satisfaction as a whole increased.

Frankly, when "fans" bombard a publisher with overblown hate and whatnot, I can't help but roll my eyes.

Around the Network

Good luck with that. If we prefer to highlight what we like instead of hating and downplaying everything we do not, we can make this world a better place. This is a mindset that should be common in general, not just games.

I'm absolutely sick of the "omg I don't want this game so they should stop making it" mentality. Some people are so damn self-centered and self-righteous--and about gaming, of all things. If something isn't intended for someone they need to get the fuck over it. Not everything has to be for everyone.

It's often the same people whining about the same things, over and over. With a lot of series, everytime a thread about that series opens, there will be the same exact group of haters complaining about something they aren't going to buy. It's poisonous. For whatever reason, there are a lot of gaming elitists here, which is a goofy thing to be elitist about.

I feel like John needs to watch more Star Wars movies, preferably the ones where Yoda or Obiwan speaks.

watch out: friend request incoming!! ;)

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

You beat me to it, by 5 mins...Congrats!!

Love ya!!

it's a weird mentality honestly there's so much variety of content out there for people with different taste. I never understood how people can just enter a topic to just spew hate over and over again about something they have no intent to buy

Mospeada21CA said:
Wyrdness said:

You beat me to it, by 5 mins...Congrats!!

Love ya!!

Well to be fair I was surprised no one else had already posted it given the thread's title.

god, is everything called "hate" now? there is such a colorful array of negative or destructive emotions and they all get crushed into the same 4 letter word? back in the day this emotion you are feeling was called malicious glee or Schadenfreude

No one can escape hate. A world without hate is an unachievable utopia. You will be back to the path of the dark side eventually.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick