By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - SanDisk Announced It's 1TB Micro SD Card

Progress have a price and people willing to pay for it, this allow us to buy it cheaper along the road.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I legit remember spending money on a 100mb Zip Disc and then a £50 32MB USB drive.

God I'm old.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

I legit remember spending money on a 100mb Zip Disc and then a £50 32MB USB drive.

God I'm old.

Lol i spent $2k aud on an external 2x speed cd burner.

who stores data on cds anymore lol

Last edited by Cobretti2 - on 26 February 2019

think-man said:
That's very nice. If it were affordable id upgrade my 200gb switch micro to this.

That's a very expensive portable you got there! 

Kerotan said:
think-man said:
That's very nice. If it were affordable id upgrade my 200gb switch micro to this.

That's a very expensive portable you got there! 

How do you figure? You can get a 200gb MicroSD for like $40-50.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Dulfite said:

True. I got my card when the switch came out. Do you know if transferring save files and full games between cards is a pain? I have barely looked into it.

Your save files are on the system's memory. You have to re-download games from the eShop. 

I upgraded from a 256gb card to a 400 something card and I had to spend days downloading!

Yeah I guess I could go that route. I have charter spectrum and always download things super fast, so it should only take maybe a few hours to download everything again.

Cobretti2 said:
Dulfite said:
Yes cause a MicroSD card that is more expensive (by a lot) than the console itself is totally reasonable? I wish. The solution to this, I've found in my own experience, is to stick with a 80-100 gb sd card, and simply uninstall games after I've beaten them since I've gone digital only. I have blazing fast internet, so if I want to replay a game I just redownload it quickly. This way, I still have all the essential ones that I play randomly or on the go, but avoid the high cost of these newer cards.

How will you play all your digital games once the service is shut down and you can no longer download to install them on your switch?

LOL. The Wii's shop just shut down, and I stopped playing its successor a couple years ago (Wii U), let alone the Wii. By the time the Switch will no longer have downloads available on it, I will be playing, exclusively and with a content mind, not the Switch 2.0, but the Switch 3.0 based on recent history. And this is all assuming Nintendo won't implement some kind of system where we can transfer games to future devices (if they do that then this is all just discussion).  

zorg1000 said:
d21lewis said:

You have to re-download games from the eShop. 

No you dont, you can transfer them from one card to the next on a computer.

Going to look into this, thank you!

Bought a 200 GB in June for €49 and a 400 GB in December for €69, shipping & taxes included.

I still remember paying $100 CND for a 32 MB Memory Stick Duo in March 2005 when I imported my PSP (half a year before EU launch)

So you get now 1,000x the capacity for the same price than 14 years ago.

Last edited by Conina - on 26 February 2019

i get that hardware is different, but i got my 4TB external harddrive for $99, and this is 1/4 of the storage and over 4x the price. so maybe when the price drops