By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - SanDisk Announced It's 1TB Micro SD Card

https://www.androidauthority.com/microsd-express-959225/

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Yes cause a MicroSD card that is more expensive (by a lot) than the console itself is totally reasonable? I wish. The solution to this, I've found in my own experience, is to stick with a 80-100 gb sd card, and simply uninstall games after I've beaten them since I've gone digital only. I have blazing fast internet, so if I want to replay a game I just redownload it quickly. This way, I still have all the essential ones that I play randomly or on the go, but avoid the high cost of these newer cards.

You can aim higher by now, I bought an 128GB SD card for my Switch 2 weeks ago for about 17$ (15€) and are generally available for under 20$ without having to search for long. 256GB still costs around 50$, but I'm sure prices will drop to about 30$ until summer/fall.

Anything bigger than that however still seems to expensive to me to be really worth it

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
https://www.androidauthority.com/microsd-express-959225/

Almost 1GiB/s, that's a lot... and certainly not necessary in the slightest in most cases. UHS I (up to 104MB/s)and II (up to 312MB/s) already cover the useful speeds, UHS III (up to 624MB/s) is already a luxury

I got a nice deal on Black Friday for a 400gb microSD, only $79.99. I might get this once I can find it for under $200.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Dulfite said:
Yes cause a MicroSD card that is more expensive (by a lot) than the console itself is totally reasonable? I wish. The solution to this, I've found in my own experience, is to stick with a 80-100 gb sd card, and simply uninstall games after I've beaten them since I've gone digital only. I have blazing fast internet, so if I want to replay a game I just redownload it quickly. This way, I still have all the essential ones that I play randomly or on the go, but avoid the high cost of these newer cards.

You can aim higher by now, I bought an 128GB SD card for my Switch 2 weeks ago for about 17$ (15€) and are generally available for under 20$ without having to search for long. 256GB still costs around 50$, but I'm sure prices will drop to about 30$ until summer/fall.

Anything bigger than that however still seems to expensive to me to be really worth it

True. I got my card when the switch came out. Do you know if transferring save files and full games between cards is a pain? I have barely looked into it.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

True. I got my card when the switch came out. Do you know if transferring save files and full games between cards is a pain? I have barely looked into it.

I had to redownload the games and savefiles (hint: if you want your saves from physical games to stay on the console, take out the SD card before playing and saving, otherwise they will land on the SD card unless it's full already) I wanted on this card as unlike on the Wii U you can't move the files around. Really sad because it was so easy on the Wii U, hope they'll bring it back some day.

Dulfite said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Your save files are on the system's memory. You have to re-download games from the eShop. 

I upgraded from a 256gb card to a 400 something card and I had to spend days downloading!

Dulfite said:

How will you play all your digital games once the service is shut down and you can no longer download to install them on your switch?

I have a 128gb SD card and I'm nowhere close to fill it. Physical all the way, baby.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

d21lewis said:
Dulfite said:

You have to re-download games from the eShop. 

No you dont, you can transfer them from one card to the next on a computer.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.