By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Fils-Aime Retiring, Doug Bowser to take over as new Nintendo of America President

Reggie took Nintendo of America through very a prosperous as well as a very challenging era and I thought that he did well during both in terms of giving Nintendo a public face for the hardcore gamer crowd. He knew how to make fun of himself and step outside of being an office suit, which I do not really recall seeing from Nintendo before Reggie and Iwata. Reggie and Iwata really complimented each other well, both men seemed humble and eager to please fans. Let's hope that Bowser does the same and that Nintendo can do more with him than just creating corny jokes and memes out of his last name.

Around the Network

Of course Reggie is retiring on Tax Day. He's avoiding the inevitable fallout from when the IRS goes after Yoshi again.

Reggie was fantastic, some of the things he done such as the fight Vs Iwata for Smash on WiiU and 3DS are stuff I wouldn't have imagined the pres of a company nevermind 2 of them to get together and do something like that to promote a new game.

Video has extra feels now... no more Iwata and No more Reggie.

Still though... Doug Bowser, ya know.... if he has a Kid he should name him Doug as well... that way he'll be Doug Bowser Jr.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Best wishes to Reggie, and to Ninty too, what will they do without his almighty shiny chin?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This announcement really got me in the feels. Wasn't ready for it. Good Luck Reggie!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Paperboy_J said:

They're both fat, evil, have a limited vocabulary and like blonde chicks?

You forgot to mention a horde of supporters with a thick shell

I want Doug Bowser to turn up at E3 in a Bowser suit and when he's on stage a background screen appears with Bowser saying i'm the real one and an argument ensues with Bowser putting it to Doug to put up or shut up and  insert himself into Smash and fight for the Presidency.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot