By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 3 Review Thread- Current Metacritic 61

JRPGfan said:
Biggerboat1 said:
I wonder what XB1's meta-metacritic score is....? As in what's the average of all 1st party developed & published games...

It surely has to be near the bottom of the list of all mainstream consoles released ever...

It's a shame as elsewhere in their gaming division, they're doing a lot of things right!

Hopefully the newly acquired studios won't be infected with the same apparent Microsoft curse...

Crackdown 3 took them 5-6years to develope, so there really isnt a excuse here.

However from what I remember hearing, MS is looking to be the netflix of gameing...... ei. pump out constant content = short cycles for game developement (for gamepass). You cant make master peice 90+ metascore reviewed games in 2-3 years, which seems to be what MS is aiming for.

I dont have any hope that things will improve much next gen either.
MS current way of doing things (even if games score in the 60's) is makeing them alot of money from xbox.

They will likely continue doing so in future, just with more studios there will be more games.
MS is going for quantity > quality.

The only issue I see there is that Netflix produces quantity AND quality - not across the board, but they have lots of really well-made shows.

Sea of Thieves for instance - that game can't have been cheap to make, wouldn't it have been worth it to spend an extra 20% budget - so lets say 6-9 months development, to build out the content a bit... I'm sure that it would have resulted in > 20% sales though admittedly that is just me going with my gut.

And the Gears & Halo games haven't been bad (& I'm guessing not cheap to develop), just not up to platform marquee standard.

I think that they can be successful in the way that you describe but that it wouldn't take that much extra investment to to elevate some of their games to 'Amazing' and really make a lot of gamers question whether Playstation is worth the extra cost to game...

Around the Network

Sadly its not a Japanese game, so it doesn't get a free pass like those other dated looking games like Nier. It looks like Crackdown alright so thats automatic fun time in my books

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 14 February 2019

foodfather said:
Sadly its not a Japanese game, so it doesn't get a free pass like those other dated looking games like Nier. It looks like Crackdown alright so thats automatic fun time in my books

Wow. I can't believe you just said that. 

foodfather said:

Huh? usually its the other way around isnt it?
Like alot of japanese games get lower scores in the west, simply because their japanese.

Nier automata is a amasing game, thats the only reason it scored as high as it did.
It scored well dispite being a japanese made game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63PzQIbTrM8

^ watch this, then consider whats behinde Crackdown 3.
(warning contains spoilers for Nier Automata)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 14 February 2019

foodfather said:

I feel pity for someone who cannot comprehend the greatness of Nier. 

Around the Network

Of course not. Even Deadly Premonition is a 4/10 game thats sitting on 6 or 7/10 because you know its Japanese. That Nier game on steam looks like a hobos ass in mid june. Its plays like it too. But its got like high 80s mostly. 

Crackdown 1 got a pass, really fun game once you unlock the abilities, shame Crackdown 3 didn't even though it looks and plays exactly the same.

❌ BANNED: Trolling (here and above) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 14 February 2019

foodfather said:

No, that's  the opposite.

foodfather said:

Of course not. Even Deadly Premonition is a 4/10 game thats sitting on 6 or 7/10 because you know its Japanese. That Nier game on steam looks like a hobos ass in mid june. Its plays like it too. But its got like high 80s mostly. 

Crackdown 1 got a pass, really fun game once you unlock the abilities, shame Crackdown 3 didn't even though it looks and plays exactly the same.

Maybe being the exact same as a game from 12 years ago isn't good enough especially when that game only scored around 80 at the time. From what I can see the review scores are deserved and it's average will probably get lower.