Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda's Link's Awakening Remake announced for Switch!

Tagged games:

Jumpin said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
I mean if they asked $60 for Tropical Freeze and Mario U (and the games are selling well) you're darn tootin' they're going to ask $60 for this.

The difference being those games are new. Their only prior release was on a console few people had, and fewer actually played. Additionally, the games are still market valued at about that price, while Link's Awakening's most recent releases included 3 USD and free (depending on when you got your 3DS).

Would you say 60 USD would be a fair price for a NSMB U style graphical update of Super Mario Bros 3?

It was at a time considered the greatest game of all time, and remains more highly regarded than Link's Awakening.

How about Sonic the Hedgehog?

My point isn't whether or not $60 is worth it, my point is Nintendo is Nintendo and all "logic" goes out the window when it comes to their pricing. Nothing new, not sure why $60 is still a talking point. Pretty obvious MOST of their first party titles are going to be $60, port, remakes, and all. Pokemon Let's Go all but confirmed this for us... 

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

i've wanted that for a long time.   was the first thing i thought about when i saw the 1st 5 min of botw.  also i fantasized about it when hyrule warriors announced it's classic mode

BOTW is very much the original LOZ in 3D though.

in many ways, But i want the dungeons, the bosses and the map topography. I want that familiar experience made new again in a AAA environment.  But again, i'd take 3d versions of any of the 2d games.

I must say the more I hear about this one the more interested I become.

Where do we think this one will land in the year? 2019 already seems pretty damn stacked in terms of first party with Mario Maker 2 in June, Fire Emblem in July, Astral Chain in August, and Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Gen 8, and this all slated for the remainder of the year.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bumping at least one big game to next year simply so that they don't go from a super packed second half of 2019 to an empty first half of 2020.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 February 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Jumpin said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
I mean if they asked $60 for Tropical Freeze and Mario U (and the games are selling well) you're darn tootin' they're going to ask $60 for this.

The difference being those games are new. Their only prior release was on a console few people had, and fewer actually played. Additionally, the games are still market valued at about that price, while Link's Awakening's most recent releases included 3 USD and free (depending on when you got your 3DS).

Those games are ports, and Link's Awakening is not.
Generally speaking, the cost of porting a game is substantially lower than creating one from scratch. Granted, they have the blueprint for this game, but I'm sure it will deviate from it a lot, as is usually the case with games like these (Resident Evil 2 for example).

curl-6 said:

I must say the more I hear about this one the more interested I become.

Where do we think this one will land in the year? 2019 already seems pretty damn stacked in terms of first party with Mario Maker 2 in June, Fire Emblem in July, Astral Chain in August, and Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Gen 8, and this all slated for the remainder of the year.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bumping at least one big game to next year simply so that they don't go from a super packed second half of 2019 to an empty first half of 2020.

Would be nice if it's June 6. Same as the original game.
But I think it'll be around November, for no particular reason. Unless they announce something big there, like Pokemon.

By the way, have you played Majora's Mask? Because some portions of my previous post would probably be a little bit more understandable if you have.