By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy Sells 10m MC

Mar1217 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Wouldn't have hit 10m without the other platforms.  

Hopefully now we can get a brand new entry for Crash. Long time waiting, make it happen Activision 

After the last speech they gave to their investors and the layoffs (which Vicarious was one of them studio to be touched by the layoffs) ?

I don't see it happenning.

The IP is still theirs and even with layoffs, I doubt they’ll bet on COD to sustain them forever since it’s basically there only series they might publish in the near future.

Around the Network

It would be mighty dumb of Activision not to make a new Crash game if a remake can sell 10 million.

Mar1217 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Hopefully now we can get a brand new entry for Crash. Long time waiting, make it happen Activision 

After the last speech they gave to their investors and the layoffs (which Vicarious was one of them studio to be touched by the layoffs) ?

Crash Bandicoot is too big to ignore like that, there will be another game at some point. Maybe they'll make a compilation of the post Naughty Dog titles first, but a new one will happen

Mar1217 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Vicarious had a team helping in Destiny, which is likely the one affected. I dont think the Crash team is going after the trilogy's huge success.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

curl-6 said:

It would be mighty dumb of Activision not to make a new Crash game if a remake can sell 10 million.

Considering they're about to lay off 800 people despite having a record-breaking year in profit, I wouldn't put it past them.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
curl-6 said:

Considering they're about to lay off 800 people despite having a record-breaking year in profit, I wouldn't put it past them.

The majority of layoffs are not developers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said:

Very impressive. Hopefully this leads to the creation of all new games in the franchise.

Looks like they were right to take it multiplatform. 

They executed their plan to perfection. Times exclusive on ps4 which saw insane sales thanks to the Playstation fan base hype and Sony marketing. And then launching to the rest for those who don't mind waiting a year.

I think it will do over 15m and if it gets a ps5 release it will do 10m on PlayStation alone. 

Those are some great sales.

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

Crash and Spyro remakes are selling as much as they're selling "because" they're remade, not "even though"

It's blindingly obvious that they achieved that by capitalizing on nostalgia and Naughty Dog/Insomniac's design. History will repeat itself and future Crash sales will plummet again unless the series is handled by some very talented and innovative teams.

And why can't they be handled by a talented team? It's not like Naughty Dog are the only studio in existence capable of making a good Crash game.

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

And why can't they be handled by a talented team? It's not like Naughty Dog are the only studio in existence capable of making a good Crash game.

Ah please, I didn't say any of that.. but Activision isn't the best publisher, and I don't remember the last decent platformer they developed themselves, so there is a lot they're gonna have to prove.

This game selling over 10 million in no way ensures a similar success in an all new Crash game.

But it does suggest the IP is worth continuing, and while I may be pessimistic by nature I'm open to the possibility that such a continuation could be worthwhile.