By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy Sells 10m MC

curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

Crash and Spyro remakes are selling as much as they're selling "because" they're remade, not "even though"

It's blindingly obvious that they achieved that by capitalizing on nostalgia and Naughty Dog/Insomniac's design. History will repeat itself and future Crash sales will plummet again unless the series is handled by some very talented and innovative teams.

And why can't they be handled by a talented team? It's not like Naughty Dog are the only studio in existence capable of making a good Crash game.

A good crash game just isnt enough. Naughty dog are the only studio that are capable of making crash great again. That is why crash 2 and 3 are still the best in the series and crash team racing is by far the best crash racing game. 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

And why can't they be handled by a talented team? It's not like Naughty Dog are the only studio in existence capable of making a good Crash game.

A good crash game just isnt enough. Naughty dog are the only studio that are capable of making crash great again. That is why crash 2 and 3 are still the best in the series and crash team racing is by far the best crash racing game. 

Nah, I don't believe for a second that only one studio in all of history and existence can make a great Crash game. How many others, of all the studios ever, even had a shot?

EDIT: I looked it up. 5. So because those 5 couldn't, nobody else ever can? That's absurd.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 February 2019

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Nah, I don't believe for a second that only one studio in all of history and existence can make a great Crash game. How many others, of all the studios ever, even had a shot?

Many studios including activision and konami have tried and failed. Naughty dog are the only studio i believe that could make crash great again after all they did create crash

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

Ah please, I didn't say any of that.. but Activision isn't the best publisher, and I don't remember the last decent platformer they developed themselves, so there is a lot they're gonna have to prove.

This game selling over 10 million in no way ensures a similar success in an all new Crash game.

The teams that developed the Crash & Spyro remakes were the former Skylanders developers and those were well received action-platformers. Vicarious Visions & Toys for Bob are more than qualified to make original Crash & Spyro games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

Many studios including activision and konami have tried and failed. Naughty dog are the only studio i believe that could make crash great again after all they did create crash

Activision has never made a Crash game until N. Sane Trilogy. The last main title released in Oct 2008 only 3 months after Activision merged with Vivendi so the game was essentially complete before Activision had control over the IP.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:

Activision has never made a Crash game until N. Sane Trilogy. The last main title released in Oct 2008 only 3 months after Activision merged with Vivendi so the game was essentially complete before Activision had control over the IP.

But didn't Vicarious made the GBA games and the 2nd trilogy on 6th gen hardware ? Anywoo, remastering and making a whole new game aren't the same thing but it isn't to say that they shouldn't try to make a new one though ... 

Vicarious made the GBA ones and they were generally well received but they didnt do the other console games, those were made by Travelers Tales and Radical Entertainment.