By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bob Iger is Happy With EA's Star Wars Games

Yayaya.

Disney Sucks.
EA sucks.
Star Wars Sucks.

Yet there are many people who give them much money. But why? A grinding question, so i made use of my superhuman power of observation and deduction and i think i found the main culprit behind it all. Its stupid people. Not just one or two. But lots n lots of stupid.

Some very smart scientists once research studied and their findings are alarming. When wearing "Im with stupid" overgarments there is a 135.7% chance that at least 3 stupid persons are present within a 12 meter radius - using metric system shows just how smart those science people are. Reseachers dont know if the chances are higher or lower when married couples with children are compared to the average because the percentage number curiously is converted to ratio number. They dont have any idea why that is either. But they suspect it was some stupid intern who messed around with the data files. A science chick remarks: "We are confident this little mishap will be reversed in the near future."

Anyway. It was concluded, stupidity poses a greater threat to human civilisation than climate change. And as we all know climate change on its own will screw us up in a not so distant future.

Abandon all hope.

Last edited by Zoombael - on 08 February 2019

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

You talk like the only bad Star Wars games were made by EA. LucasArts had their fair share of misses as well.

Sounds more to me like he just doesn't care. That's a difference. A person who doesn't care is more likely an asshole rather than an idiot.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I wonder what is going to happen to the Star Wars IP once the new disney trilogy is done. The new movies are either critically despised and some outright bombed, the toys don't sell, the videogames are panned and exclusively handled by a company universally despised, the books and comics are either ignored or not enough to keep the rest afloat... What's left? They are going to burn out a franchise that years ago seemed to be unsinkable.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Zoombael said:

Yayaya.

Disney Sucks.
EA sucks.
Star Wars Sucks.

Yet there are many people who give them much money. But why? A grinding question, so i made use of my superhuman power of observation and deduction and i think i found the main culprit behind it all. Its stupid people. Not just one or two. But lots n lots of stupid.

Some very smart scientists once research studied and their findings are alarming. When wearing "Im with stupid" overgarments there is a 135.7% chance that at least 3 stupid persons are present within a 12 meter radius - using metric system shows just how smart those science people are. Reseachers dont know if the chances are higher or lower when married couples with children are compared to the average because the percentage number curiously is converted to ratio number. They dont have any idea why that is either. But they suspect it was some stupid intern who messed around with the data files. A science chick remarks: "We are confident this little mishap will be reversed in the near future."

Anyway. It was concluded, stupidity poses a greater threat to human civilisation than climate change. And as we all know climate change on its own will screw us up in a not so distant future.

Abandon all hope.

Please refrain from calling people who support Disney/EA/StarWars as dumb and stupid from here on out please. No need for that hostility against people.  Thanks

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I’m sure he’s not happy. He just gave the political answer.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Darwinianevolution said:
I wonder what is going to happen to the Star Wars IP once the new disney trilogy is done. The new movies are either critically despised and some outright bombed, the toys don't sell, the videogames are panned and exclusively handled by a company universally despised, the books and comics are either ignored or not enough to keep the rest afloat... What's left? They are going to burn out a franchise that years ago seemed to be unsinkable.

Critically all of the Disney Star Wars movies are hugely successful. Among the fans however, not so much. 

1doesnotsimply

Disconnection is what happens when these 4 things happen to a corporation.

1. Heavy reliance on product name.
2. Too big to fail mentality
3. Consumers complain, but still buy the product.
4. Losing sight of your vision as a company or outright changing it.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Critically all of the Disney Star Wars movies are hugely successful. Among the fans however, not so much. 

Well, that one is really important. If they are not succeeding in either satisfying the old fanbase (which, considering how fragmented and nostalgia-fueled it is, can't be really done) or bring newer, younger fans (with the sales of toys being massively dissapointing and videogame sales also lower than expected proving they haven't done it either) they are eventually going to burn out the IP. At least the original expanded universe, as sprawling and unorganized as it was, could catter to every aspect of the Star Wars fanbase at the same time. Disney can't seem to do it in any way, shape or form. Which is surprising, since they are doing wonders with the Marvel cinematic universe.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Well, that one is really important. If they are not succeeding in either satisfying the old fanbase (which, considering how fragmented and nostalgia-fueled it is, can't be really done) or bring newer, younger fans (with the sales of toys being massively dissapointing and videogame sales also lower than expected proving they haven't done it either) they are eventually going to burn out the IP. At least the original expanded universe, as sprawling and unorganized as it was, could catter to every aspect of the Star Wars fanbase at the same time. Disney can't seem to do it in any way, shape or form. Which is surprising, since they are doing wonders with the Marvel cinematic universe.

Fans didn't want identity politics in their films or for their marketing. That is a big reason why it failed. 

The old fanbase actually isn't too hard to please. They had a golden opportunity to bring the trio back to the big screen and they completely wasted it. Also Rian Johnson's portrayal of Luke was terrible.

We have seen the after effects of the Last Jedi with Solo bombing (even though I thought it was the best of Disney's). I don't see much anticipation at all for 9... Yeah, the franchise as a whole isn't in the best spot right now. But hopefully they can turn things around.

I am surprised that EA had cancelled the open world single player Star Wars game, since the concept would practically sell itself. 

1doesnotsimply