By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Coming at the End of 2020 According to Analyst: High-Spec Hardware for Under $500

Price, SKUs, specs ?

Only Base Model, $399, 9-10TF GPU, 16GB RAM 24 30.00%

Only Base Model, $449, 10-12TF GPU, 16GB RAM 13 16.25%

Only Base Model, $499, 12-14TF GPU, 24GB RAM 21 26.25%

Base Model $399 and PREMIUM $499 specs Ans3 10 12.50%

Base Mod $399 / PREM $549, >14TF 24GB RAM 5 6.25%

Base Mod $449 / PREM $599, the absolute Elite 7 8.75%

Total:80
BraLoD said:
Nate4Drake said:
PS5 'Big Navi' 12TF RDNA 1.5 GPU, 3.6Ghz CPU, 18GB Ram, 1TB SSD, AAA PS5 Exclusives via New "Leak"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJEButp_Vk&t=316s

18GB Ram?

It's 9x 32-bit controllers at 16Gbps speed, this gives 572GB/s memory speed at 18GB Vram, the leak also says there will be an additional 4GB ddr4 Ram.

If it's accurate or not we shall see soon, it says Sony will put out a small trailer within 2 weeks and the reveal will be at 12 Feb, this leak was also removed from reddit.

I noticed Nate4Drake missed the SSD speed (5GB/s)

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:
BraLoD said:

18GB Ram?

It's 9x 32-bit controllers at 16Gbps speed, this gives 572GB/s memory speed at 18GB Vram, the leak also says there will be an additional 4GB ddr4 Ram.

If it's accurate or not we shall see soon, it says Sony will put out a small trailer within 2 weeks and the reveal will be at 12 Feb, this leak was also removed from reddit.

New leak and this time PS5 being considerably stronger than XSX in most areas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StGUCieyvcg

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Why on earth would a console need/want 24GB RAM?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Trumpstyle said:
BraLoD said:

18GB Ram?

It's 9x 32-bit controllers at 16Gbps speed

..........aaaaaand we're done.

Gddr controllers come in 64bit chunks. The only weird setup would be 8 2GB gddrams and 2 1GB gddrams. That doesn't make sense at all, using different memory types is just an unneccessary hassle to deal with with a measly 12% increase in size.

Why do people feel the need to toss "specs" around like there is no tomorrow? Sure by sheer chance, someone will get it right eventually, but why all this nonsense?

Last edited by drkohler - on 24 January 2020

DonFerrari said:
Trumpstyle said:

New leak and this time PS5 being considerably stronger than XSX in most areas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StGUCieyvcg

""Just need to remind you things that i said before for the last time
GPU: PS5>SeX ~10%
RayTracing Accelerators: PS5>X1 (PS5's RT works by using acceleration structures and algorithms much like nVidia's RTX cores)
CPU: Sex>PS5 ~ 6%
Memory: PS5>Sex for the size and bandwidth
SSD: PS5>Sex ~ Over twice as fast (this is the biggest and most noticable difference)
Fan noise (Dev-Kit): Sex>PS5 (not as egregious 1x vs. Pro).""      https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-next-xbox-ot-speculation-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/page-733#post-256662747

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

The official announcement cannot come soon enough :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

DonFerrari said:
Trumpstyle said:

This youtuber is basing this on from someone called Tommy Fiser at Neogaf. He is just repeating what most people has been specaluting on the forums. Like the CPU on Ps5 will be 3.2ghz and upwards 3.6ghz on Xbox series X. The faster gpu comes from the verified insider saying PS5 is more powerful.

I'm not gonna go through every point but I think no matter what Xbox series X will have more TF than PS5.

drkohler said:
Trumpstyle said:

It's 9x 32-bit controllers at 16Gbps speed

..........aaaaaand we're done.

Gddr controllers come in 64bit chunks. The only weird setup would be 8 2GB gddrams and 2 1GB gddrams. That doesn't make sense at all, using different memory types is just an unneccessary hassle to deal with with a measly 12% increase in size.

Why do people feel the need to toss "specs" around like there is no tomorrow? Sure by sheer chance, someone will get it right eventually, but why all this nonsense?

That leak is not from me and I don't believe it, I'm on 9.2TF for PS5 (36CU, 2ghz) with 256-bit bus 16GB Vram for total 512GB/s memory bandwidth. But 11TF (40CU's, 2.15ghz, 576GB/s memory speed) where Sony disable no CU is looking very strong too and I might lose this one.

As for 32-bit controllers I'm sure Navi14 has 4 of them, you can see that clearly in this picture:

But when you building a SOC/APU you want the perfect Square/Rectangle and 9x memory controllers just doesn't make sense. You can also do 18GB Vram on 256-bit bus, by having 2 Gddr6 sticks on 3 64-bit controllers and 4 Gddr6 sticks on the last 64-bit controller.

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

Trumpstyle said:

As for 32-bit controllers I'm sure Navi14 has 4 of them, you can see that clearly in this picture:

Memory controllers are 64bit wide, no discussion required.

Trumpstyle said:
DonFerrari said:

It is funny just because you take all these rumors to seriously and claim they are final until they change again.

Dude you're quoting a very old post from me, I haven't changed from 9.2TF, as to why PS5 TF jumps back and forth is because we have oberon leak and a very reliable leak saying PS5 die size is 300mm2 which matches oberon. But insiders saying PS5 is more powerful than Xbox one X which is at 12TF.

For me the predictions is over as Sony might wanna do a apple style event which they did with PS4 pro. Reveal the console 1-2 months before release and I'm not in the mood to speculate this whole year.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-and-xbox-series-speculation-launch-thread-ot9-for-flops-sake.162235/page-200#post-28039840

drkohler said:
Trumpstyle said:

Memory controllers are 64bit wide, no discussion required.

Yes they come in pairs but take a look at geforce 1080 ti/2080 ti they have 11x 32 bit controllers. Or a total of 12x 32-bit controllers with 1 disable.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Trumpstyle said:

Dude you're quoting a very old post from me, I haven't changed from 9.2TF, as to why PS5 TF jumps back and forth is because we have oberon leak and a very reliable leak saying PS5 die size is 300mm2 which matches oberon. But insiders saying PS5 is more powerful than Xbox one X which is at 12TF.

For me the predictions is over as Sony might wanna do a apple style event which they did with PS4 pro. Reveal the console 1-2 months before release and I'm not in the mood to speculate this whole year.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-and-xbox-series-speculation-launch-thread-ot9-for-flops-sake.162235/page-200#post-28039840

Yep I'm aware of that post, Jason Schreier also got asked specifically about 10.24TF and he said it was wrong. But after github leak and the 300mm2 leak for PS5 the 12TF for PS5 was over. The dude who leaked 300mm2 for PS5 also said Navi10 would be between 250-260mm2 and Navi14 to be 160mm2, he said this on Jan 2019. He also nailed Amd renoir (The zen2+vega apu) saying it would be 150mm2. Navi10 is 251mm2, navi14 158mm2 and Renoir 148mm2. I think he will nail PS5 and Xbox series X die sizes and the estimates 400mm2 is wrong.

That's why I think PS5 will be 36/40CU with tsmc 7nm EUV. But it's possible oberon is just BC tests and Sony is aiming for full 40CU's with high clock speed, $500 dollar price. Something like 40CU's clocked at 2.15ghz for 11TF. I have posted this one before:

This would fit Jason Schreier description of both consoles aiming for above 10.7TF, having geforce 2080 performance and being very close to eachother.