By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield V sells 7.3m, falls short of EA Q3 expectations by 1m

Considering that they pushed major discounts (half off even) very soon after release for it to still fail to meet the units expected is quite bad.

Around the Network

Its more that black ops 4 was a massive hit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Likely most of those copies sold at like half price or less. It was $30 a week after launch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Megiddo said:
Considering that they pushed major discounts (half off even) very soon after release for it to still fail to meet the units expected is quite bad.

Despite all that game went through, EA are still charging £54 over on Origin for the standard version. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Let's be honest with this--the "controversy" probably had very little to do with the decline. Most shooter fans probably had no idea any of that was even going on. They just did a poor job of making people want to buy it overall. Compared to BF1, it did not generate any kind of buzz.

These military shooters being yearly releases really burns through possible source material quickly. They're going to have to get creative.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Let's be honest with this--the "controversy" probably had very little to do with the decline. Most shooter fans probably had no idea any of that was even going on. They just did a poor job of making people want to buy it overall. Compared to BF1, it did not generate any kind of buzz.

These military shooters being yearly releases really burns through possible source material quickly. They're going to have to get creative.

Battlefield isnt a yearly release though.

Battlefield 3-2011

Battlefield 4-2013

Battlefield 1-2016

Battlefield V-2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
pokoko said:

Battlefield isnt a yearly release though.

Battlefield 3-2011

Battlefield 4-2013

Battlefield 1-2016

Battlefield V-2018

Hardline might not have had a number but I'm still going to count it.

Otherwise, you're right, though I don't know if it makes a lot of difference.  There is still a military shooter released every year and it's going to keep getting harder to find a "Modern Warfare" or a "Battlefield 1" that really gets everyone's attention.

Ka-pi96 said:
Few if any games ever seem to meet publisher expectations so that isn't too surprising.

Blaming it on it's launch window and focus on singleplayer though? How dense can you get? I've not heard a single good thing about BFVs singleplayer so they surely can't have focused on it that much and as for the launch window... don't they usually release new BF games in the October-December period? I thought that was pretty normal for them.

Exactly iirc tomb raider sold 6 million and set sales records for the franchise but Square was disappointed  had set a higher expectation even though up to that time the franchise historically sold 2-3 million .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

2m MAU for BF4 is impressive.

Damn, EA falling on hard times. Only 7m sold.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.