By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 ships 5 million week 1

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I think my expectations were too high. It's great and all, a solid 8.5 given how much I've played so far, but it doesn't feel revolutionary enough to warrant the wait. In fact, it plays identically to the KH1/KH2 HD remasters, what with the floaty movement physics. When walking near the edge of a map, the invisible walls are quite jarring; it's not easy to identify if a box or platform is "real". The Gummi ship editor seems like it was copy/pasted directly from the older games. I could come up with more, but right off the heels of playing KH1 and KH2, the burnt-out feeling I have has extended to this game as well.

Being the epic game that it is, though, I do intend on finishing it, and my five-year-old freaking loves it, and won't put it down. The animations are of a very high quality, and the Disney characters especially look damn good. Like, holy crap, good. The world, however, seems lacking in the graphics department, and could have used some higher resolution textures and better models.

And I realize I sound like I'm contradicting myself, but I'm trying to walk a fine line, as I don't want to come off as someone who is trying to troll. I'm more curious if others have noticed these issues and feel the same type of way about them that I do.

Around the Network

I believe the Gold edition is selling well so let's say the average sale price week 1 was $75 then that's 375m revenue week 1. Amazing.

MasonADC said:
Even with this amazing multplat success, I am sensing an exclusive remake of the mobile game as their next move

I dont think so.I think Nomura and Square want to have a clean slate for the next KH game.Since KH III finishes the Seeker of Darkness saga(havent finished the game yet, so no spoilers), I guess they would want their next game to be a completely new story, just with the same characters.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
MasonADC said:
Even with this amazing multplat success, I am sensing an exclusive remake of the mobile game as their next move

I dont think so.I think Nomura and Square want to have a clean slate for the next KH game.Since KH III finishes the Seeker of Darkness saga(havent finished the game yet, so no spoilers), I guess they would want their next game to be a completely new story, just with the same characters.

So you think they will go straight into KH4? Because I think they need a remake/ to finish the mobile game first to set up for KH4 

MasonADC said:
Nautilus said:

So you think they will go straight into KH4? Because I think they need a remake/ to finish the mobile game first to set up for KH4 

Again, havent finished KH III, so I dont know if every single story thread has been adressed.But every review I read so far said it was a satisfiyng ending to the arc.So Im assuming that, since the mobile game is about the Keyblade War, that the major story points end up being adressed in KH III, and those that dont will be resolved in the mobile game itself.

KH III was marketed as the end of the Seeker of Darkness saga.So I dont see a reason for Nomura to go and say "Oh by the way, the next KH will still keep telling the same story.KH III wasnt the end.Im sorry!"

And the next KH dosent need to have a number on its title.One thing people keep confusing is that KH dosent have spin offs.They are all mainline titles.Having said that, yes I do think that he will go straight to KH 4.In order to set up a new saga, I think its easier to convince people of such by making a numbered title.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
MasonADC said:

Again, havent finished KH III, so I dont know if every single story thread has been adressed.But every review I read so far said it was a satisfiyng ending to the arc.So Im assuming that, since the mobile game is about the Keyblade War, that the major story points end up being adressed in KH III, and those that dont will be resolved in the mobile game itself.

KH III was marketed as the end of the Seeker of Darkness saga.So I dont see a reason for Nomura to go and say "Oh by the way, the next KH will still keep telling the same story.KH III wasnt the end.Im sorry!"

And the next KH dosent need to have a number on its title.One thing people keep confusing is that KH dosent have spin offs.They are all mainline titles.Having said that, yes I do think that he will go straight to KH 4.In order to set up a new saga, I think its easier to convince people of such by making a numbered title.

It;s difficult to have this conversation without you having beat the game, so I can't really comment any further 

this is better than expected..... which is good news, it deserves every sale.

Well-deserved

cool My kids especially my daughter has been begging me to get it but I'll wait for a sale even tho I don't like them and know my kids will make me play it or at least the parts they can't get past

MasonADC said:
Nautilus said:

It;s difficult to have this conversation without you having beat the game, so I can't really comment any further 

Ok!Thanks for the consideration.Gonna come back to you again when Im done with it.But just a warning:I like to take my time with the game, so I may take a while to get back to you.