By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Metro dev says next game won't be on PC if players boycott. EDIT: Official Statement made

vivster said:
So on one hand we have the usual greedy consumer hating publisher and on the other hand we have a moronic dev who shouldn't be allowed to talk directly to customers. The customer loses, the dev loses, the game loses. So in the end everyone loses except for 2 big publishers. What else is new?

How did the publisher not lose if the game gets boycotted?

Around the Network
MrWayne said:
vivster said:
So on one hand we have the usual greedy consumer hating publisher and on the other hand we have a moronic dev who shouldn't be allowed to talk directly to customers. The customer loses, the dev loses, the game loses. So in the end everyone loses except for 2 big publishers. What else is new?

When was the last time a boycott actually boycotted? Koch has already won with the big money deal from Epic and Epic has already won by spreading their client. At this point it doesn't really matter anymore if the game only sells half as much as it would have. But I doubt that "boycott" will have any meaningful impact on sales in the first place. And if it has they'll just release the game on Steam. We already lost and they already won.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
MrWayne said:

When was the last time a boycott actually boycotted? Koch has already won with the big money deal from Epic and Epic has already won by spreading their client. At this point it doesn't really matter anymore if the game only sells half as much as it would have. But I doubt that "boycott" will have any meaningful impact on sales in the first place. And if it has they'll just release the game on Steam. We already lost and they already won.

So wait, you are actually sugesting that when theres an outcry for something insignificant to most, it tends to be a tiny part of a group? And you say they tend to be so small that no actual impact will come from their outcry? I dont belive you. I refuse to believe its not the majority of players that are always online complaining about every little thing.

Hey look a dev tweeted 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

vivster said:
MrWayne said:

Battlefield 5 comes to mind.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
vivster said:

Speaking of which anyone remember when EA did something similar to this with the first Titanfall by giving the game surprise Xbox exclusivity? That actually ended up hurting the series potential sales and had a knock on effect on the next game.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
derpysquirtle64 said:
He didn't say it though. It is just a bad translation. What he said is that he believes that if nobody buys it on PC, then it would be hard to consider PC as a platform for the next game because of economical reasons. There wasn't any kind of threat at all.

If that is true, and can be verified, I'd like to see the breakdown.

As a native speaker I can't see any threat in his words but yeah it is hard to translate properly in English so the translation can possibly make it look like a threat. He is just concerned that if PC players boycott the game, then probably the publisher won't consider a PC version for the next installment because it won't be financially viable. While he didn't mention it in his post, it definitely reads like what he thinks about this situation.

Wyrdness said:
Pemalite said:

Speaking of which anyone remember when EA did something similar to this with the first Titanfall by giving the game surprise Xbox exclusivity? That actually ended up hurting the series potential sales and had a knock on effect on the next game.

Are you saying that Needing a whole separate console to play a game is the same as downloading a different free launcher?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Wyrdness said:

Are you saying that Needing a whole separate console to play a game is the same as downloading a different free launcher?

Maybe you should read the post hence something similar EA at least did it before the product went on sale, we've already gone over the differences between the launchers where you ducked out when you had no counter.

Wyrdness said:
eva01beserk said:

Maybe you should read the post hence something similar EA at least did it before the product went on sale, we've already gone over the differences between the launchers where you ducked out when you had no counter.

There is no counter. Its more of like a sensitivity bar. Im at 3 and you guys at 9. Nothing I say will change how you feel. 

eva01beserk said:
Wyrdness said:

There is no counter. Its more of like a sensitivity bar. Im at 3 and you guys at 9. Nothing I say will change how you feel. 

You never presented nothing to begin with that's the problem it's nothing more than a basic side step where one side presents their argument which is even backed up as well and the other side dodges the debate entirely, it's especially face palm worthy in this thread where the other side are simply coming into the debate with the entitled angle one after the other despite people through out the thread detailing the situation literally someone gets done highlighting the situation and the next post is "So Steam should be the only store allowed?". Fact is objective arguments have been put forward and not one objective response has really been to debunk anything.