By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7: Happy Birthday!!! turns 22 on january 31st

Happy bday FF7!(well tomorrow). Hopefully now we get some FF7R news now that KH3 is out the door

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Playing it right now!

Happy Birthday! One of my favorite of all time

If anyone hasn't played FF6, all I have to say is try it. If you liked FF7, then FF6 should be right up your alley.

My second favorite game that was first released in 1997. Tekken 3 was my favorite. Another very good JRPG that was released in 1997 was Breath of Fire 3 and one that I really didn't like is Saga Frontier.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
If anyone hasn't played FF6, all I have to say is try it. If you liked FF7, then FF6 should be right up your alley.

I just started it on my SNES Classsic.  Definitely enjoying it.  Not really that far into it yet, though.

Happy Birthday i guess?... never played it, (been waiting for the remake for years now because i dont feel like going back to the PS1 game).

Happy birthday to one of the best JRPG of all time!!! (Only after FF9 hehe) Can't wait to play this again on the Switch!

estebxx said:
Happy Birthday i guess?... never played it, (been waiting for the remake for years now because i dont feel like going back to the PS1 game).

Yeah...PS1 graphics are pretty difficult to go back to.  But I'm concerned the emotional impact of the game will be lost in translation.  There's just something about those cutscenes in 1997 that I hope transfers over to the remake.  It really was a great story and up until that moment no games had delivered a cinematic experience like it.  Every cinematic was a jaw dropping experience that kept you focused on getting to the next one.  I do hope the remake captures that same experience so that the story can live on for future generations that might not appreciate the original game.