By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Massive Lines In South Korea For The PlayStation 4

If they do a cut to $199, by say March, I think 18 - 20 Million for their FY is possible.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
riecsou said:
If they don't want to be massively down year over year they need to do a price cut.

They're going to start to be massively down regardless of that. The thing is going to b e 6-years-old this year. Can't stay up forever.

Also i think they are doing this to have a massive audience for the PS5.  These customers are going to buy most of the exclusives for their PS4 obviously, so they will experience the quality of 1st party games Sony is able to develop.  So when Sony releases the PS5 most of these buyers will eventually buy a PS5.

Permanent cut will probably happen next Q4. Meanwhile Sony is playing well the temporary cut card.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CGI-Quality said:
riecsou said:
If they don't want to be massively down year over year they need to do a price cut.

They're going to start to be massively down regardless of that. The thing is going to b e 6-years-old this year. Can't stay up forever.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.  I think if they price it right ($250 early in the year and then a full holiday at $200) they have a HUGE chance of being close to flat YoY.

chakkra said:
CGI-Quality said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.  I think if they price it right ($250 early in the year and then a full holiday at $200) they have a HUGE chance of being close to flat YoY.

Being down year over year probably isn’t an issue for them at this point. They’ll see how far they can push it at the current price before anything changes. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
chakkra said:

Being down year over year probably isn’t an issue for them at this point. They’ll see how far they can push it at the current price before anything changes. 

I actually agree with that. They don't seem to be in a rush to drop the price for now.  And I don't blame them.  I wouldn't be either.

chakkra said:
CGI-Quality said:

They already sold a huge amount of consoles. I doubt people at sony are concerned about selling less consoles than the previous year, that was gonna happen regardless. They obviously care way more about making profit and will have small random price cuts through the year until holidays.

I have 3 questions. Does anyone have any idea?

1. How big is the console market in South Korea ?

2. Are any game sales figures from this country known? (example) The Last of Us or Spiderman ?

3. Resident Evil 2 appears in South Korea? or no release in this country, last week ?

I am very interested in that.

Tridrakious said:
This is crazy to see. Big price reductions, but we're now in the 6th year of the platform being out. I would expect price cuts to help, but not create a craze like this.

The brand is strong with this one. Only the price is holding them back.

Also, it seems that there are parts of the world that are always one generation behind, but will follow suit regardless.

When we begin to get into the PS5, they will move from their PS3s to PS4s as the pricing changes.

Surprising even with this quite good price cut, but to see lines this big of holiday and on the 6th year, crazy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."