Forums - Sony Discussion - Massive Lines In South Korea For The PlayStation 4

It's really unbelievable, very positive for the console games industry.

Interesting question: Will the Resident Evil 2 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 be released in South Korea? (now or in the next weeks?)

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM

Around the Network

I was quite surprised at this, given that SK are known to be mostly PC gamers. Consoles are finally getting a strong hold over there now it seems.

KazumaKiryu said:
It's really unbelievable, very positive for the console games industry.

Interesting question: Will the Resident Evil 2 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 be released in South Korea? (now or in the next weeks?)

RE2 was on the 25th, KH3 - nothing.

Cant find it on the official ps site nor on the Korean PSN.

Honesty I would say its not connected to any one game, just that there exists a lower entry market for the PS4 whenever Sony decides to explore it permanently.

Kerotan said:
Tridrakious said:
This is crazy to see. Big price reductions, but we're now in the 6th year of the platform being out. I would expect price cuts to help, but not create a craze like this.

Ps4's non promotional price has incredibly remained quite high the last few years. So there's way more room to make price cuts then consoles traditionally had in the past. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the ps3 in it's 6th year was cheaper then the ps4 and it would have been way more costly to make. Sony are milking the ps4 hardware for profit and who knows if they'll drop the price to $199 WW to enter it into a new category of consumers while the rest are targeted by the ps5. 

You are right.   The 12GB model was at $199 in NA and 199 in Europe in 2013; I think after August 2013 though. And the production cost was higher.  PS4 is massively more profitable than PS3, and Sony is holding back the price cut to keep the profit very high and 'cause is still selling very good; they will hold the ace up their sleeve until a boost is needed.

Sony this generation did all perfectly, congrats to them !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

If they do a cut to $199, by say March, I think 18 - 20 Million for their FY is possible.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
riecsou said:
If they don't want to be massively down year over year they need to do a price cut.

They're going to start to be massively down regardless of that. The thing is going to b e 6-years-old this year. Can't stay up forever.

Also i think they are doing this to have a massive audience for the PS5.  These customers are going to buy most of the exclusives for their PS4 obviously, so they will experience the quality of 1st party games Sony is able to develop.  So when Sony releases the PS5 most of these buyers will eventually buy a PS5.

PotentHerbs said:
If they do a cut to $199, by say March, I think 18 - 20 Million for their FY is possible.

50 is possible i think

Heavenly_King said:
CGI-Quality said:

They're going to start to be massively down regardless of that. The thing is going to b e 6-years-old this year. Can't stay up forever.

Also i think they are doing this to have a massive audience for the PS5.  These customers are going to buy most of the exclusives for their PS4 obviously, so they will experience the quality of 1st party games Sony is able to develop.  So when Sony releases the PS5 most of these buyers will eventually buy a PS5.

Will they?

This is ultimately just a limited supply promotional run heading into Chinese New Year period. (so like a end of year promotion - Sony does similar things in other countries though with other Sony devices like TV etc -Maybe its a similar thing?)

I think ultimately any PS4 owner is a potential PS5 owner. I imagine the hope is that more ppl sign up for PS+ which I think is ultimately the real gauge here for Sony (if there is one here at all): is the drop in price mitigated in other ways? Because that is the concern going forward for a cheaper PS4: lower income users might not be willing to jump onto network service subscriptions, which is what Sony really wants from users.

Permanent cut will probably happen next Q4. Meanwhile Sony is playing well the temporary cut card.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CGI-Quality said:
riecsou said:
If they don't want to be massively down year over year they need to do a price cut.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.  I think if they price it right ($250 early in the year and then a full holiday at $200) they have a HUGE chance of being close to flat YoY.

chakkra said:
CGI-Quality said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.  I think if they price it right ($250 early in the year and then a full holiday at $200) they have a HUGE chance of being close to flat YoY.

Being down year over year probably isn’t an issue for them at this point. They’ll see how far they can push it at the current price before anything changes. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!